Future UMass Schedule Dates (2023 thru 2027) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Future UMass Schedule Dates (2023 thru 2027)

Reaction Score
I was at the NMSU game (Alum) this weekend. I’ve been to a lot of FBS and FCS facilities and UMass was the worst stadium I’ve been to. Concessions are awful and they have two areas to use the restrooms.

Amherst is a nice town but I don’t know how anyone could recruit there with their current facilities
What was it like leaving the game? I was at an Elton John concern at UMass years ago and getting out of there to get back on I91 was terrible.

Reaction Score
What was it like leaving the game? I was at an Elton John concern at UMass years ago and getting out of there to get back on I91 was terrible.
Zero traffic. Helps when there is only 200 people in stands at the end

Reaction Score
I live in Boston and think it would be dumb to play UMass in Boston. Boston could care less about college sports. UConn fans would probably show up, but if you're going to have 75% of the fans anyways just play it at the Rent.
I've actually thought of always playing the game at The Rent and just alternating the home team designation.

Reaction Score
2023 UMass designated home game at site TBD
2024 and 2027 in Amherst
2025 and 2026 UConn home game

From the linked FBSchedules article: "The two schools are also contracted to meet at a neutral-site location on Saturday, Nov. 25, 2023. UMass will be the designated home team for that contest and the location will be announced at a later date."

Reaction Score
Zero traffic. Helps when there is only 200 people in stands at the end
That would help. I believe the Mullins Center holds around 10,500 for concert so that is a big difference.

Reaction Score
UMess is 90 miles from Fenway. UConn is 81 miles from Fenway.
The appeal of playing there is that Boston is almost always a good time.
The only other neutral site stadium in range is Fitton Field in Worcester (23,500), and I don't see either team planning to look there.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The only other neutral site stadium in range is Fitton Field in Worcester (23,500), and I don't see either team planning to look there.
Site of one of the greatest games in UConn history - 10/18/80. Ken Sweitzer to Reggie Eccleston on the last play of the game to get within one. Then Sweitzer to Keith Hugger for the 18-17 win.

Reaction Score
1667248157858.jpeg

How about we play in Harvard Square? Shut down the street to traffic and have an old school street brawl. We could watch from the windows and rooftops.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I get that the UMass stadium is a burned out dumpster but Amherst is a cool college town.

Reaction Score
View attachment 80217
How about we play in Harvard Square? Shut down the street to traffic and have an old school street brawl. We could watch from the windows and rooftops.
My Harvard friend used to say the difference between Harvard and Yale is that they stop traffic in New Haven when the Yale band marches thru after the Game. But in Harvard Square traffic stops when the Harvard band marches thru after the Game at the Stadium.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
2024 and 2027 in Amherst

From the linked FBSchedules article: "The two schools are also contracted to meet at a neutral-site location on Saturday, Nov. 25, 2023. UMass will be the designated home team for that contest and the location will be announced at a later date."
UMass has an ESPN+ deal so it could end up there, maybe elevated to ESPNU if we’re good since it’s a unique scenario

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
That's definitely a step up for them. I for one hope UConn stays on CBS sports. I really like that station for our FB
The exposure is good. The money sucks. That we got the airtime even for free with what our program had become was o.k. But if we become much better, we need good opponents and then more money for our rights.

Reaction Score
The exposure is good. The money sucks. That we got the airtime even for free with what our program had become was o.k. But if we become much better, we need good opponents and then more money for our rights.
I agree wholeheartedly. In the ideal world UConn football would improve to where they were getting 5 million a year and the the network set aside 2 million to entice decent teams onto our schedule even if we paid them as part of a home and home. Trying to think outside the box to draw decent teams to the rent in future years.

All that said I'd prefer that network to be CBS sports over ESPN streams. The games have fairly good production and look good on tv for the most part.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm thinking we're outperforming our contract lately. I still like us a "cult" team, the indy that could. Everyone's 4th favorite team.

Reaction Score
2024 and 2027 in Amherst

What if they said Northern Ireland?

I have no inside thoughts on this per se but I know both Lowell (BS alum, UConn PhD) and ZooMass Carfire are playing in the hockey tournament over there that was going on over there. Talk a few people up, etc, etc, etc. Pretend it's a big deal like when real blue bloods go play in the British Isles. So on so forth.

I agree with everybody else. Its going to probably be Fenway. I'm just throwing it out there. Maybe Marty Meehan (UMass system president, constant threat to run for governor) puts an ear worm in a N. Ireland sports organizer. The less likely thing about that proposition is converting a stadium to gridiron costs money and you'd have a hard time getting people to make that trip. I have no interest in making that trip for hockey so i don't for football... but you never know.

I'm putting this at a low percent other than I'm entertained with the idea because I thought of it.

Reaction Score
It's too bad the Revolution doesn't have its own stadium like the Red Bulls but I say play at Gillette. It's a football stadium with plenty of seating and all the amenities. Nuff said. If the 2 flag ships playing the game can't draw a decent crowd then that's on the fans.

Reaction Score
Boston is a great city. Fenway is not perfect for football but it’s pretty good. Hell the Patriots played there at times.
I was at the game at Fenway Vs BC and other than the horrible rain I thought the experience was pretty cool. I have no problems with us playing there.

Reaction Score
What if they said Northern Ireland?

I have no inside thoughts on this per se but I know both Lowell (BS alum, UConn PhD) and ZooMass Carfire are playing in the hockey tournament over there that was going on over there. Talk a few people up, etc, etc, etc. Pretend it's a big deal like when real blue bloods go play in the British Isles. So on so forth.

I agree with everybody else. Its going to probably be Fenway. I'm just throwing it out there. Maybe Marty Meehan (UMass system president, constant threat to run for governor) puts an ear worm in a N. Ireland sports organizer. The less likely thing about that proposition is converting a stadium to gridiron costs money and you'd have a hard time getting people to make that trip. I have no interest in making that trip for hockey so i don't for football... but you never know.

I'm putting this at a low percent other than I'm entertained with the idea because I thought of it.
no

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The only reason to call it a UMass home game is for ESPN to put it on an over the air network to satisfy its agreement with UMass.

I'd call it extremely likely for 2023 based on their home schedule, but less-so for 2024 (they have a home game vs Missouri).

Reaction Score
I'd call it extremely likely for 2023 based on their home schedule, but less-so for 2024 (they have a home game vs Missouri).
I wasn’t talking about the true UMass home games. Those we agree to to get UMass to the Rent. Was just talking about why we’d put a “neutral” game under their TV contract.

Reaction Score
I wasn’t talking about the true UMass home games. Those we agree to to get UMass to the Rent. Was just talking about why we’d put a “neutral” game under their TV contract.
Just guessing that this year is our home game, next is theirs. I think this game was always part of the current agreement, just the location changed. The 24-27 games are a new package. That’s my guess anyway

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom