Future UMass Schedule Dates (2023 thru 2027) | The Boneyard

Future UMass Schedule Dates (2023 thru 2027)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
A good neutral site- the Yale Bowl…. But I guess the more likely options- Fenway or Foxboro

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
A good neutral site- the Yale Bowl…. But I guess the more likely options- Fenway or Foxboro

Yale isn't neutral for this game in ANY sense.

Betting odds would be 80/20 Foxboro/Fenway, I would think.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Yale isn't neutral for this game in ANY sense.

Betting odds would be 80/20 Foxboro/Fenway, I would think.
Yeah- it wasn’t a serious suggestion - thought that was obvious

Reaction Score
It has gotta be Fenway right? It wouldn’t make sense to have a neutral site game anywhere else. Turnout would be great for both fanbases there.

If this is at Gillette I’m not really getting the reasoning here. It’s out of the way for both fanbases and casual fans are not going to leave Boston to go to this game.

Reaction Score
It has gotta be Fenway right? It wouldn’t make sense to have a neutral site game anywhere else. Turnout would be great for both fanbases there.

If this is at Gillette I’m not really getting the reasoning here. It’s out of the way for both fanbases and casual fans are not going to leave Boston to go to this game.

We also don’t need a stadium as big as Gillette — there would be absolutely no point. So yes, I would assume Fenway, where each school shares in the revenue. Hopefully, for purposes of TV contracts it is a UConn home game, so it’s covered by our contract.

Reaction Score
Considering UMass only had 9K show up for a home game this past weekend, what makes anyone think they can bring enough support for a neutral site game? I love the idea but UMass is not the team to do something like this with. They’re even more irrelevant than BC in Boston so how do they expect fans to go to Fenway or Gillette? There were only 20K for BC/UConn at Fenway back in 2017…more were at the Rent this weekend. Just a terrible idea.

Reaction Score
Let's play the neutral site game in Orlando in some nice warm weather at the end of November. We are already playing at Boston College on the 28th of October.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Anyone that attended the BC game in Fenway (I did) knows it is far from a good layout for a football game and even what should be pretty good seats (I was two rows behind the first base dugout) had questionable sight lines.

That said, I don't mind a stray game in Boston if for no other reason than to get our alumni who live in and around that city a bit more interested in the program.

Reaction Score
The BC game at Fenway was fun, well except for the game and the weather. It was a miserable night. But if it is a once every five years thing I’m good with it. And I’m good with making UMass a rivalry-type game, which this sort of does. Putting it in Boston occasionally makes it more of an event. I wouldn’t want to do it annually but every now and then it is good. Kind of like frozen Fenway in hockey. I wouldn’t want to do it every year but occasionally it is a fun event.

Reaction Score
Anyone that attended the BC game in Fenway (I did) knows it is far from a good layout for a football game and even what should be pretty good seats (I was two rows behind the first base dugout) had questionable sight lines.

That said, I don't mind a stray game in Boston if for no other reason than to get our alumni who live in and around that city a bit more interested in the program.
That’s the big pull for this. There is a HUGE alumni base for both schools in Boston (I am part of that demographic), and this is absolutely a good way to pull in the casual fans again or young alumni who had to suffer through the past decade. Ride the good momentum of this year and have a big event one-off game at Fenway to reinvigorate the casuals.

Reaction Score
Switzerland would be the definition of a neutral site.

Letzigrund.jpg

Reaction Score
Considering UMass only had 9K show up for a home game this past weekend, what makes anyone think they can bring enough support for a neutral site game? I love the idea but UMass is not the team to do something like this with. They’re even more irrelevant than BC in Boston so how do they expect fans to go to Fenway or Gillette? There were only 20K for BC/UConn at Fenway back in 2017…more were at the Rent this weekend. Just a terrible idea.
Maybe there are a lot more UMass fans in the greater Boston area than in the Amherst/Springfield area and they would be more likely to attend a game in Boston. Nice weather would probably help, I wouldn't be surprised if that factored into attendance for the BC game in 2017.

Perhaps they can make a call to these folks

1667238218925.png

Reaction Score
How about Dillon Stadium? I was one of the 40,000 crazies there in the 70's for the Grateful Dead concerts.

Reaction Score
Maybe there are a lot more UMass fans in the greater Boston area than in the Amherst/Springfield area and they would be more likely to attend a game in Boston. Nice weather would probably help, I wouldn't be surprised if that factored into attendance for the BC game in 2017.

Perhaps they can make a call to these folks

View attachment 80212
I live in Boston and think it would be dumb to play UMass in Boston. Boston could care less about college sports. UConn fans would probably show up, but if you're going to have 75% of the fans anyways just play it at the Rent.

Reaction Score

It's crazy for how good the football layout is, that's how bad the hockey layout is.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How about Dillon Stadium? I was one of the 40,000 crazies there in the 70's for the Grateful Dead concerts.
Trinity Health Stadium? I'm thinking that might work if they charged $200+ for the game. Sell it as a rare chance for an intimate FB experience. (5.500 cap.)

Reaction Score
I live in Boston and think it would be dumb to play UMass in Boston. Boston could care less about college sports. UConn fans would probably show up, but if you're going to have 75% of the fans anyways just play it at the Rent.
I get Boston in general doesn't care but UMass fans probably do and I'm sure there are quite a few of them there. I mean, if your alma mater is trying to make a go of it at the FBS level, why not go see them play at Fenway. It would be pretty sad if UMass alumni, students and fans couldn't bring 15k or so to the party. I guess the agreement is to play at a neutral site which eliminates The Rent.

Reaction Score
I was at the NMSU game (Alum) this weekend. I’ve been to a lot of FBS and FCS facilities and UMass was the worst stadium I’ve been to. Concessions are awful and they have two areas to use the restrooms.

Amherst is a nice town but I don’t know how anyone could recruit there with their current facilities

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom