Fuller: Looks like Morgan is out again tomorrow | The Boneyard

Fuller: Looks like Morgan is out again tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Not exactly what I want to hear but I trust Rosemary and Geno.

We have a solid 8 rotation without her so I am ok with her resting that knee and getting stronger!

We are on your side Morgan!!

Reaction Score
I was glad to see the article quoted Geno as saying she is improving. LaChina Robinson tweeted yesterday "Prayers up for UConn's Morgan Tuck. Before Cincinnati she told me she felt healthier than she had in an entire year." I was afraid she had re-injured herself. I would link the tweet, but I don't know how (or if you can) do that.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I hope they keep her out til shes 100% because we may need her in the Lville game Feb 9th. KML is still not 100% and needs to get her shot and confidence back. With a short bench already we need everybody healthy for March and patience to get them to that point.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Is there a possibility that she could red shirt this year and save her year of eligibility?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Just a side note - Now that we're in the 2nd half of the season, she would lose the potential eligibility for the waiver if she were to play at all. As of now, she is eligible if surgery were to be done and the docs certify it as season-ending.

But I hope that she really is on the upswing because she can give us a big lift in the latter part of the season, especially post-season.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
VAMike, I was about to note the same thing. Tuck is not dependent on a medical waiver. She has not used her built in extra year. However, playing in any game from this point on uses one of her 4 in 5 years. That will mean she has used to years of playing eligibility to date. Not playing will mean she has three of playing eligibility with three to complete them.

Reaction Score
At this point I would be in favor of it; try to get it fixed right once and for all. If she comes back as is I am sure it will re-occur.
I think we can win it all without her, albeit not so easily.
It may be best for the team as well since we didn't get a post player this year.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
At this point I would be in favor of it; try to get it fixed right once and for all. If she comes back as is I am sure it will re-occur.
I think we can win it all without her, albeit not so easily.
It may be best for the team as well since we didn't get a post player this year.
So, you know that she can't come back and play this year?

I trust the coaching and medical staff will make the right decision, be it a red shirt , limited playing time or 100% recovery.

Reaction Score
VAMike, I was about to note the same thing. Tuck is not dependent on a medical waiver. She has not used her built in extra year. However, playing in any game from this point on uses one of her 4 in 5 years. That will mean she has used to years of playing eligibility to date. Not playing will mean she has three of playing eligibility with three to complete them.

Even if a player plays one game they use up a year of eligibility unless they get a medical hardship waiver. If she does not play again this year, she would have to appeal for an extra year and provide the league/NCAA with medical documentation. If the injury were season-ending, she would undoubtedly get it.

U

UCONNfan1

I hope they keep her out til shes 100% because we may need her in the Lville game Feb 9th. KML is still not 100% and needs to get her shot and confidence back. With a short bench already we need everybody healthy for March and patience to get them to that point.
Either that or possible redshirt. I get she wants to play, and is improving, but maybe a whole year off would be better...

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Geno's spoken words and unspoken tone and body language were not comforting at all re: Morgan's knee in the post-game.

He's concerned and that makes me (more) concerned. Hope she takes a turn for the better soon.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
If I heard Geno correctly, sounds like it's a bone bruise which was the problem last year. Morgan can't catch a break.

Reaction Score
Not only that, but I caught part of the pre-game where I thought they were talking about the red shirt, and quoted Morgan as saying "it [the red shirt] was something she was going to discuss with her parents," so I guess it's getting to that point unfortunately.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Bone bruises are notoriously slow to heal.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The talk of a red-shirt is real. From Rich's blog: http://blog.ctnews.com/elliott/2014...straight-game-red-shirting-a-possible-option/

Right now all options are being considered with regards to Tuck and the remainder of the season, including applying for a medical red-shirt.

“I was talking to her about it a little bit, and I know she kind of struggled having to go back and forth, back and forth, in and out,’’ senior Bria Hartley said. “So I think it’s kind of the best decision for her to kind of sit out this year. She’ll red-shirt, but then she can come back, get the surgery, recover and then she’ll be at full strength. So at least she can come out and have a full season where she can be consistent.

“That’s a viable option. You just have to kind of see how everything goes and just hope she feels better.’’

Reaction Score
Even if a player plays one game they use up a year of eligibility unless they get a medical hardship waiver. If she does not play again this year, she would have to appeal for an extra year and provide the league/NCAA with medical documentation. If the injury were season-ending, she would undoubtedly get it.
You mean she will have to wait 'til the end of the year to find out?
The poor lady would be devastated if she's done for this year and then loses the appeal.

Reaction Score
You mean she will have to wait 'til the end of the year to find out?
The poor lady would be devastated if she's done for this year and then loses the appeal.
That's how it works

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
According to Carl Adamec, redshirting may not be an option:

But whether Tuck is eligible to redshirt isn’t quite clear. She is under the 30-percent rule having played in only eight games. But the Houston game was No. 16 on the Huskies’ schedule, technically past the midseason point. Having played in that game would seem to make her ineligible to redshirt.

Even Auriemma was not sure.

LINK

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I wasn't sure about that 50% when the earlier discussion was held in another thread.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller discussed it further with Geno:

At this point in time, it hasn't been thrown around because she wants to play," Auriemma said. "I think there does come a point in time when you have to figure out what is best for this kid and what are we going to do. At some point her, her mom, dad and everybody we are going to figure out what we are going to do. I know know she doesn't want to be in a situation where it is two weeks in, two weeks out, that kind of (stinks)."

Auriemma is not sure that since Tuck played against Houston, which was the 16th game of the season and came after the midway point of the regular season whether Tuck will be eligible to return. Ideally, that is an option he won't need to investigate further as he is holding out hope that she may be able to return to practice in another week or two.

Reaction Score
According to Carl Adamec, redshirting may not be an option:

But whether Tuck is eligible to redshirt isn’t quite clear. She is under the 30-percent rule having played in only eight games. But the Houston game was No. 16 on the Huskies’ schedule, technically past the midseason point. Having played in that game would seem to make her ineligible to redshirt.

Even Auriemma was not sure.

LINK

Actually it's very clear - and unfortuately Adamec hasn't done any homework. As I posted last week, the Houston game was #16. UConn has 32 games on their schedule that count towards the limit (including one tournament game). So the 16th game is still in the first half.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer