Fluid situation... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fluid situation...

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Go through any top-100 recruiting list four years after the fact, it's usually a wasteland of unrealized talent. That stuff is garbage. And when you can purge your own program of guys like that - congratulations. You just made yourself infinitely better.[/QUOTE]

That is a great but sad insight into talent that lacks the motivation. It's not who starts in the race. It's who finishes the race.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

MAL's not dumping us for you. Cooley had a chance and he choked. Sorry.

Reaction Score
Let the dominoes fall one way and see how they fall the other way. Maybe there's not any panic from the staff vs the Boneyard and there is a plan. Nothing we can do.

Would be real sad to lose Durham or Vital because of their stories. But kids need to do what they feel is right for them. Weird situation in Storrs.

Will be an interesting next couple of weeks, hang in there way too many ledges out there. Although some of you can find the nearest one please.;)
Another thing we have to remember is that college basketball rosters are much more fluid in general today than they have ever been. Where transfers and players leaving early used to be rare, today they are common. Heard a stat on the radio this weekend that 40% of D-1 basketball players will either leave early or transfer during their college careers. Was sorry to see Enoch and Jackson leave, but players are more apt to make decisions today based on their own interests rather than the team's.

Reaction Score

There's no doubt about this. They all think their kids are better than they are it's crazy. Seems both dads had input on these 2 who left.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
"Basically his point was, 'Wherever I go, I want to play.' That was kind of a big deal with UConn. They have a lot of guards there already, lot of talent there.

"His big question coming in to visit UConn was, am I going to get playing time? Kevin Ollie kind of guaranteed him playing time. I think that kind of made up his mind."

To me, "kind of guaranteed him playing time," sounds a lot like KO saying, "If you put in the work, you'll get the minutes," which is 100% fine in my book.

pj

Reaction Score
To me, "kind of guaranteed him playing time," sounds a lot like KO saying, "If you put in the work, you'll get the minutes," which is 100% fine in my book.

It is more, KO saying, you're too good to be on the bench -- try to keep me from putting you on the court!

The coaches know how good the players are and who is going to play and who isn't. MAL is going to play, because 3 PG-skilled guards get substantial time in KO's 2-PG system and MAL is one of the top 3 guards with Jalen and Alterique. Vance was going to struggle for time because Juwan Durham is a more talented PF and Larrier is a more talented SF and Vital is a better small ball player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom