First Music Thread of the Off Season | Page 6 | The Boneyard

First Music Thread of the Off Season

Reaction Score
the storiest of story telling tunes. heck, it's even got 'saga' in the friggin title for youse thread purists.
my, my this here anakin guy,
may be vader someday later now he's just a small fry.
and he left his home and kissed his mommy goodbye,
saying 'soon i'm gonna be a jedi, soon i'm gonna be a jedi.

Weird Al is, always has been and always will be the man :)

Reaction Score
"Comes a time when you're drifting, comes a time when you settle down"

Reaction Score
Don't know how to post, but "Driving the Last Spike" by Genesis

Reaction Score
This is such a powerful song; i suspect most of us knew a Sam Stone. I had two best friends in high school, both went off to Viet Nam, one came back more or less intact and one came back permanently shattered... I'm guessing we can probably relate to the sentiments.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
hey! the op sez 'songs that tell a story,' and not 'songs that only tell a sad story.'
i get that cw owns the ballad game, but there are plenty of cw tunes that aren't all whiny and sad, talking aboot how his girl ran off with his horse, or how his 3 legged dog can't play twister, or whatever. now take this tune, the title might imply, to the predisposed cranky, that the bad luck 'when it rains it pours' would be imminent, but it ain't. it's actually the good luck flowing.

and if the likeminded hear it, well, lets just say the refrain 'and i ain't got to see my ex future mother in law any more' resonates.

Reaction Score
hey! the op sez 'songs that tell a story,' and not 'songs that only tell a sad story.'
i get that cw owns the ballad game, but there are plenty of cw tunes that aren't all whiny and sad, talking aboot how his girl ran off with his horse, or how his 3 legged dog can't play twister, or whatever.

Ok, so if one was to venture into the 'silly' realm, no foul? (Just asking for a friend)

Reaction Score
There are about a bazillion C&W ballads but I'm trying for songs that are varied in the genre.

Thanks for posting this. These guys were my favorite group from the mid-'60's, or maybe ever. We lost THIS Jay (Black, the second of three Jays who were the lead singers) recently. They called him "The Voice," for obvious reasons.

A couple from Johnny Horton from around 1960 that didn't make the list yet (that I saw, anyway) - "Sink the Bismark" and "The Battle of New Orleans. Also, Mary Robbins' "El Paso." I'm no techno wiz, so if someone wants to post the music, feel free.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom