Finally.. the '23 Roster update is here... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Finally.. the '23 Roster update is here...

Reaction Score
Are guys competing to keep jersey numbers??? 31 thru 39 are all available...just sayin

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nope, Tyler P. No worries.
Yep. I was sorry to hear that because I appreciate the effort and he gave prior to injury. It seemed like he was running for his life the whole time, and yet he was reasonably effective. Don’t get me wrong, though. Football is the ultimate meritocracy. If he doesn’t think he can make any headway in the quarterback room, I wish him well wherever he’s heading. I just appreciate his efforts for us.

Reaction Score
I am curious how Spears and Shearin will both wear 7 on defense. :rolleyes:
Same thing with the #2 and #4 , have 3 players listed wearing those #'s.... 2 on offense.

Reaction Score
It appears that numbers are pretty arbitrary in spring ball. I’m interested in the quarterback situation most of all. Anybody have a sense of Mora’s view on quarterbacks? Is he a if you have more than 1 guy you have none, or is he liable to replace a guy if he isn’t delivering? Last year it was tough to get a handle since we had basically 1 healthy qb. The other wild card in all this is Roberson. He is obviously not going full speed this spring but will he be ready by next fall? Or is he going to be more of an “emergency qb” for the 2023 season while he continues to rehab?

Reaction Score
Looks like the potential departures are:

WR Matt Drayton
TE Brendan Heatherman
QB Tyle Phommachanh
DB Derek Spearman
I wonder if Tyler Phommachanh injury is career ending! If not, Good luck wherever he lands.

Reaction Score
Yep, looks like alot of heights and weights have been updated/changed
such as ...Zion is taller this year than Roberson :confused:.... and it goes on and on
definitely looks like there's been an update on measurables since I originally started this thread....nice to see our our D put on a few pounds across the board..

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I don't know why, but I like when players wear non-traditional numbers for their position. A widebody defensive lineman with #9 on his chest is irrationally satisfying.

On the other hand, I can do without the doubling up, where multiple players wear the same number, particularly single digits. If they are so highly coveted, single digit uniforms should be earned and voted upon by the players, a la the Rhule years at Temple. Particularly #6, which should stay in defensive backfield.

Reaction Score
A lot of (mostly positive) thoughts here.

Offense

Cam Edwards - Up to almost 200lbs, didn't see him play at all last year, but at least has the size of a legit D1 back, we learned last year depth at RB is needed.

Rosa - Seeing how hard he ran as a sub 200lb back, makes me very excited to see him listed at 206

Brewton & Houston - Creeping up to 180, I know they are both tough (Houston in particular) but not being afraid of them getting up after every hit they take will be nice.

Yakiri Walker - Only thing that concerned me a tad, only 275...Is that big enough to start at center?

Owen DaSilva - Not very familiar with him, but has some great size to be a blocker...def a need we have.

Defense

Jackson Mitchell - Up to 233, getting close to ideal NFL size

Noah Plack - Same size at Mitchell? Crazy he played safety at UD. Very intrigued.

Alfred Chea - Haven't seen him play much, but he's HUGE for a DB.

Front 7 - Great to see guys like Hooper and McCarthy keep getting bigger. The latter I think could play in the NFL one day. Passmore at +310 and only 6'1 is the frame to be a solid NT...just need to see the field.

Edge-Ish Guys - Interesting place as last year Bouyer-Randle was our only hybrid de/olb. With him gone guys like Donovan Branch (who played a bit last year and looked fast) & Matt Hoffman look to have the body for that spot. Our defense was great last year, but a speed rusher is probably the one thing we lack...both of those guys have high pedigrees so hopefully they make it happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom