Finally.. the '23 Roster update is here... | The Boneyard

Finally.. the '23 Roster update is here...

Reaction Score
Hmmmmm is right. Hunter Webb still on there, now a coach, and a certain QB not there. I don't think they have it completed yet.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Want to see what this freshman Rosa can do. Had real good HS stats. Interesting to see if it translates to l college.

Jackson might have a great junior season.

Looks like this roster listing is incomplete at best and a pile of crap is more accurate.

Reaction Score
I did mention they still might be updating it... At least we get to see a roster that reads a little more current then staying stuck in 2022....

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Going into this spring my tracking projected we needed seven scholarship players to exit to get back to 85 unless we deferred some of the 2023 HS signees.

I agree with Guru's post in the other thread, hard to see us going into fall 2023 with 6 scholarship QBs, someone must be leaving at some point and it appears that perhaps it will be Tyler Phommachanh. I was so thrilled the day he signed with us a few years back. It's a bummer things have unraveled for him the way that they did. I still think he has the potential to light it up, especially at the FCS level. Fordham would be fun.

Other observations at the moment...subject to change of course!
-Prince Samuels name has returned....he had disappeared at some point last fall from the roster....I have no insight on the matter, maybe it was another web glich.
-Jordan Morrison - four year LB from NJ that had stood out a bit at times on special teams.
-Nikko Pohahau - OT transfer from San Fran JR college seems to be gone. We have a nicely restocked OL, so this does make some sense.

Non scholarship players:
Aaron Lange - DL seems to have moved on
Braden Ratcliffe - OL seems to have moved on

-Side note I, bummed that Spearman seems to be out. I liked this HS tape. Thought he might bring some size to our backfield.
-Side note II, wonder if we pick up a LS after spring ball.....seems like a must.
-Side note III, I think Center is one of the more intriguing situations. Seems like Walker vs Fortin for starter, but what about a third back up- maybe Juergans gives it a go this spring. No clear candidates on the roster at the moment for third string. Mason Raymer seems to have the fourth string C job as a non scholarship player.

Reaction Score
As I mentioned on the other thread, I would not be surprised to see a surprise or two at center. Mora switched Guidone to OC although he played tackle at Dartmouth before his transfer. Perhaps someone like Dayne Shore or Jack Steward. No inside info here, just speculating.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
As I mentioned on the other thread, I would not be surprised to see a surprise or two at center. Mora switched Guidone to OC although he played tackle at Dartmouth before his transfer. Perhaps someone like Dayne Shore or Jack Steward. No inside info here, just speculating.
Yep and that is why I think this is one of the more interesting positional situations.

Generally speaking aside from the LS situation, this is by far the most stocked roster we have had in a long while. By stocked, I mean having multiple players at each position (not necessarily commenting on the talent level, time will tell on that front). In recent times we typically went into spring with 2 to 5 scholarships open rather than perhaps 7 over. And the non scholarship list has never been nearly as thoughtful and robust as this incoming class. Having all this depth on paper has made for less to discuss! which is fine.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
With these updates it seems we are at 87 projected scholarships.....and I am assuming Jacob Flynn and John Bechtle will continue as scholarship players in 2023 and Noe Ruelas remains a WO for now (surely likely to get the first available WO conversion scholarship made available).

Reaction Score
Going into this spring my tracking projected we needed seven scholarship players to exit to get back to 85 unless we deferred some of the 2023 HS signees.

I agree with Guru's post in the other thread, hard to see us going into fall 2023 with 6 scholarship QBs, someone must be leaving at some point and it appears that perhaps it will be Tyler Phommachanh. I was so thrilled the day he signed with us a few years back. It's a bummer things have unraveled for him the way that they did. I still think he has the potential to light it up, especially at the FCS level. Fordham would be fun.

Other observations at the moment...subject to change of course!
-Prince Samuels name has returned....he had disappeared at some point last fall from the roster....I have no insight on the matter, maybe it was another web glich.
-Jordan Morrison - four year LB from NJ that had stood out a bit at times on special teams.
-Nikko Pohahau - OT transfer from San Fran JR college seems to be gone. We have a nicely restocked OL, so this does make some sense.

Non scholarship players:
Aaron Lange - DL seems to have moved on
Braden Ratcliffe - OL seems to have moved on

-Side note I, bummed that Spearman seems to be out. I liked this HS tape. Thought he might bring some size to our backfield.
-Side note II, wonder if we pick up a LS after spring ball.....seems like a must.
-Side note III, I think Center is one of the more intriguing situations. Seems like Walker vs Fortin for starter, but what about a third back up- maybe Juergans gives it a go this spring. No clear candidates on the roster at the moment for third string. Mason Raymer seems to have the fourth string C job as a non scholarship player.
I don’t see WR Ethon Williams name on the roster.

Reaction Score
Did we already lose Drawdy? He was on the website list but not on the media roster today...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I am curious how Spears and Shearin will both wear 7 on defense. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member