Finally getting to hear Ines's Voice ? | The Boneyard

Finally getting to hear Ines's Voice ?

Reaction Score
I really don't get TikTok.
Why should we, our parents didn't get the Beatles either, so... It is quite sobering to think that there are no college age kids, or younger, that knew a world without personal cell phones, the internet, Google, and Wikipedia. Those and much more were just aspects of their everyday life while growing up. Yet, now what would we do without these things?

Reaction Score
Why should we, our parents didn't get the Beatles either, so... It is quite sobering to think that there are no college age kids, or younger, that knew a world without personal cell phones, the internet, Google, and Wikipedia. Those and much more were just aspects of their everyday life while growing up. Yet, now what would we do without these things?

I don't get cell phones either and I am not that old :p

Reaction Score
There is no doubt about the truth in your words but from my perspective my parents came to recognize and enjoy the beauty in The Beatles music. Me, there is a sadness to the world you describe for young people growing up; Tom Waits has said it best for me -
“Everything is explained now. We live in an age when you can say casually to somebody “What’s the story on that?” and they can run to the computer and tell you within five seconds. That’s fine, but sometimes I’d just as soon continue wondering. We have a deficit of wonder right now.”
The ”new” world is something Tom has obviously spent some time thinking about -
“We are buried beneath the weight of information, which is being confused with knowledge, quantity is being confused with abundance and wealth with happiness.“
Sums it up pretty well for this old fart but then again I very much favor the library over Google. I still get great satisfaction at having to work a little bit to satisfy my curiosity. I must confess I do great satisfaction out of using the Internet for directions though.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
We do have to engage sometimes in the internet and so forth. After all, no internet, no Boneyard. That means we would all be taken away by the guys in the white coats by voicing our opinions to ourselves.
P.S., I do that anyway.

Reaction Score
There is no doubt about the truth in your words but from my perspective my parents came to recognize and enjoy the beauty in The Beatles music. Me, there is a sadness to the world you describe for young people growing up; Tom Waits has said it best for me -
“Everything is explained now. We live in an age when you can say casually to somebody “What’s the story on that?” and they can run to the computer and tell you within five seconds. That’s fine, but sometimes I’d just as soon continue wondering. We have a deficit of wonder right now.”

I think they call that "the Google effect" and it makes a lot of people think they know something when they really don't.

Reaction Score
95BE0B0A-C786-46DB-ACCD-7E8738A5F9EC.jpeg

Attachments

• C6E3A2DC-1C41-4C45-A95A-435418292AF2.jpeg
    C6E3A2DC-1C41-4C45-A95A-435418292AF2.jpeg
    16.3 KB · Views: 65
Reaction Score
Just wow! How do you make sense out of that? I joy of being a kid, TODAY!!!!! " I remember when....

Reaction Score
It may seem almost blasphemy but this really old guy (78) thought music was ruined by the British invasion of the mid 60's. The Beatles, Herman's Hermits, Dave Clark Five, Rolling Stones, etc. I grew up with Elvis and Rock & Roll. I came to enjoy a couple of the Beatles songs like Imagine but overall it wasn't until I "found" country that I got back in love with music. Every song it seemed had a story that resonated with me. There were a few that didn't have much substance but not many. And several country groups brought back the harmony of the R & B groups like the Five Satins, The ElDorado's and so many more. Sorry for the escape. We all listen to that which pleases our ear. All that matters.

Reaction Score
My parents didn't get the Beatles at first, and then they did, sort of. Years later my dad told me he thought The Beatles must have ghostwriters, claiming that even Irving Berlin did (not sure if that's historical fact). I thought that was the highest compliment he could pay them. He also supported my switching from violin to electric guitar at the time, thanks to The Beatles. I sometimes work with young people in my current practice and am always thrilled to hear they play an instrument instead of video games. Doesn't happen often enough though. Not to nitpick, because I hate when people do, but "Imagine" was solely the work of John Lennon, not The Beatles.

Reaction Score
It's a cover of the opening line of the catchy mid-2000s hit from Gnarls Barkley (yes that's the name of the musical act):

I gave the song a try and was surprised that, rather than turn it off after 20 seconds of so, I actually really enjoyed it... and I'm generally not into hip hop or rap music. That led, of course, to Googling the song and the band. The song came out in 2006 to significant acclaim.

The band's producer was named Danger Mouse?!?!

Perhaps most interesting to me is that Paige, Ines and Azzi are into a song that, to them, is ancient, sort of like many of us as teens being into music from the '40s! Good for them.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I gave the song a try and was surprised that, rather than turn it off after 20 seconds of so, I actually really enjoyed it... and I'm generally not into hip hop or rap music. That led, of course, to Googling the song and the band. The song came out in 2006 to significant acclaim.

The band's producer was named Danger Mouse?!?!

Perhaps most interesting to me is that Paige, Ines and Azzi are into a song that, to them, is ancient, sort of like many of us as teens being into music from the '40s! Good for them.
Loved this song when it can out, and still do. I really liked Ceelo Green and his funny and irreverent "Forget You". Yes, the title is the "G" version of the original.

Reaction Score
My parents didn't get the Beatles at first, and then they did, sort of. Years later my dad told me he thought The Beatles must have ghostwriters, claiming that even Irving Berlin did (not sure if that's historical fact). I thought that was the highest compliment he could pay them. He also supported my switching from violin to electric guitar at the time, thanks to The Beatles. I sometimes work with young people in my current practice and am always thrilled to hear they play an instrument instead of video games. Doesn't happen often enough though. Not to nitpick, because I hate when people do, but "Imagine" was solely the work of John Lennon, not The Beatles.
Not exactly sure of your point but “Imagine” was never considered a Beatles song; it was from a solo John Lennon album and released as a single in his name only.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't get cell phones either and I am not that old :p
You type in a unique identifying number and it will allow you to speak with someone who’s not in the same room with you.

You’re welcome.

Reaction Score
I'm glad she is fitting "right in"....!

When I first saw the name Gnarls Barkley I thought "Why is Charles Barkley messing with his name"? And, now I know he (or them) is some sort of musical group. Have to say our IPA group (Ines-Paige-Azzi) rendition doesn't quite place them in the rarified air of the Beatles - yet - but perhaps we should stay tuned...? :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom