• South Carolina/LSU

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • South Carolina/Virginia Tech

Votes: 50 62.5%

• Total voters

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Against Boston, Cardoso, and Amihere ? It's game over. Sorry but even Czinano is outmatched. There's a reason they're #1

I agree Iowa is extremely outmatched inside. Czinano going out hurts Iowa significantly from an offensive perspective, but I think defensively and on the glass there isn't a drop off from her to Stuelke. It's a downgrade overall since Czinano is so good offensively and Iowa needs her to have a chance at winning, but it's not game over if Czinano gets into foul trouble. Stuelke can give capable minutes and buy time before Monika comes back in.

Reaction Score
I’m thinking Breezy Hall and Amihere get a turn at getting in Clark‘s way. Should be fascinating to watch.

Reaction Score
Against Boston, Cardoso, and Amihere ? It's game over. Sorry but even Czinano is outmatched. There's a reason they're #1

If you saw my vote in the poll, you’ll see I chose South Carolina to win. At the same time, I like Iowa's post game and think they could hold their own.

Stuelke wasn't 6th man of the year for nothing. She's held her own against good competition in the BIG10. Bluder trusts her more than O'Grady and the rest of the posts to back up Czinano.

I'm not sure how Amihere will be used in this game. Her minutes have been up and down all season and she played 7 minutes on Monday. It's been a head scratcher to me all season.

Reaction Score
I’m thinking Breezy Hall and Amihere get a turn at getting in Clark‘s way. Should be fascinating to watch.
Hall has really caught me eye this tournament, she’s so athletic and a good 3-point shooter too. I think she’s gonna be a great player for South Carolina over the next two years

Reaction Score
Dawn is an excellent coach. I believe she'll consider how Maryland spread the court against them on offense. The only chance Iowa has if Marshall, Warnock and Martin all reach double figures in points. That would most likely mean they are hitting threes, implying SC is trying to slow down Clark.

I think it would be a better strategy to let Clark score 40, and play straight man and contain the other 3 shooters.

Reaction Score
We'll agree to disagree about Iowa vs South Carolina. UConn did a tremendous job in the post defending SC but it didn't change the outcome. You need multiple top-tier post players to match up with SC - that's not anybody in the country right now. When SC's guards are playing well it's a blowout.

Reaction Score
UConn held Clark to a low percentage and was +16 on the boards without Dorka. Really big gane for Edwards. Team Shot 55%.

Did Griffin get the defensive assignment?
Pretty sure Nika guarded Clark most of the game.
I seem to recall her saying (about Nika), something to the effect of, "I had her stuck to my face the whole game."

Reaction Score
SC should win if they play to their potential. Iowa will make it interesting if Clark is scorching the nets and SC goes ice cold outside, both of which are possible. I just think it's tough to compete with Boston and Cardoso inside plus their depth at other positions makes them just wear people down.

I think VT is better than LSU by a mile and should win but the Tigers have a way of keeping things interesting with their physical play. Neither team has depth so foul trouble could be a factor.

Reaction Score
SC should win if they play to their potential. Iowa will make it interesting if Clark is scorching the nets and SC goes ice cold outside, both of which are possible. I just think it's tough to compete with Boston and Cardoso inside plus their depth at other positions makes them just wear people down.

I think VT is better than LSU by a mile and should win but the Tigers have a way of keeping things interesting with their physical play. Neither team has depth so foul trouble could be a factor.
Thinking this as well, but I think Gregg and Soule will be more than willing to be physical if it gets that way. And Amoore's Aussie Rules Football background could help here. That sport isn't for the faint of heart.:eek:

Reaction Score
Both games will be exciting. With this Iowa/South Carolina matchup, it is going to be really exciting. The buildup. The hype. South Carolina's defense vs Iowa's Offense. How the refs call the game and how players react to those calls. This game has so many angles.

Reaction Score
I think South Carolina will blow Iowa out. But it will be interesting if officiating comes into play. With all the Maryland players and coaches talking about the biased officiating last game I could seem them giving South Carolina the Abby Myers treatment. I don't think Boston and Cardosa have both in foul trouble in a single game so if that were to happen MAYBE its a close game. Otherwise, South Carolina by 20.

Reaction Score
Had a gambler on local radio who said the line has moved to South Carolina -12.

Reaction Score
Both games will be exciting. With this Iowa/South Carolina matchup, it is going to be really exciting. The buildup. The hype. South Carolina's defense vs Iowa's Offense. How the refs call the game and how players react to those calls. This game has so many angles.
Should be a lot of neutral fans in the building for the first game. I suspect the majority of SC's will break for LSU. Our fans love them some SEC.

Reaction Score
Had a gambler on local radio who said the line has moved to South Carolina -12.
Interesting. Considering how some believe the post game is SC's strength, I would have thought the spread would be larger.

Reaction Score
And O'Grady provided some decent back up minutes the last couple games.
Stuelke is a solid post off the bench for Iowa. Good size and finishing ability in the paint.
When you're right, you're right. Congratulations to Iowa. I underestimated their "bigs" and I'm "big" enough to admit I was wrong. This should have been the championship game.

Reaction Score
This poll made a lot of people look foolish. 64% were 100% wrong.

Congrats to Iowa and a begrudging congrats to LSU.

Reaction Score
When you're right, you're right. Congratulations to Iowa. I underestimated their "bigs" and I'm "big" enough to admit I was wrong. This should have been the championship game.

It's not about being right. I've watched a lot of BIG 10 ball this year and made an observation as to what may be possible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom