Reaction Score
Bad news for China

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
43-33 US.

Nice 3pt set play China to cut the lead to 10 with 3 seconds

Reaction Score
Is that the same shoulder Thomas has had injuries with before?

Reaction Score
Im gonna go to my grave saying LJ shoulda got more minutes against China. She's their most skilled offensive big. I don't care if she was 50. Woulda gave the ball to her instead of Ezi at the end of the game. I know she is older and struggled a bit defensively (though it made me smile at times how everyone was like bouncing off her) but I think for a final offensive possession she shoulda been on the floor. Anyways very happy for her. Also happy for team China. Of course really outstanding/consistent performance from team USA.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
A friend messaged me during the game and said "She's playing like it's 2008". Loved the comment.
I just watched a replay of this game and it reminded me of a good player coming back from an absence and just catching fire. Everything was working. Could she have done as well in a next game? Who knows? (Who cares?).
If she retires again after this game, that's some memory she'll take with her.

As per 2008, something I remember Jackson doing better than just about anyone is establishing her seal/position. Once she does that, she can get off whatever shot she likes.

Reaction Score
Glad Thomas got some recognition. Defensive MVP was very deserved. I would've had her on First Team, but I'll cope ...

I missed this, I can't recall FIBA having an all second team or defensive mvp. Great job!

Glad AT is receiving her kudos. Best player to come out of Maryland. Frese better be capitalizing on this publicity! ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I wasn't aware that FIBA added some new awards. I'm glad that AT got some recognition. I'm also very happy for Gabby!

Reaction Score

Finals viewership numbers. For a game at 2 am EST (for some of us), this is great to see.

That's really good considering the last World Cup was in Spain and likely was played at a much more reasonable time for the US.

Reaction Score
You have to wonder how many of those viewers tuned in for the Chinese National Team, and not because of viewers from the United States.

Reaction Score
You have to wonder how many of those viewers tuned in for the Chinese National Team, and not because of viewers from the United States.
I could be wrong but I always thought these ratings were based on the US only.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I could be wrong but I always thought these ratings were based on the US only.
I believe it includes all viewers worldwide.

446,000 is more than watched Game 4 of the WNBA finals. I know that game was up against NFL football but there is no way that many US households watched a FIBA World Cup game broadcast at 2 am edt.

Reaction Score
I believe it includes all viewers worldwide.

446,000 is more than watched Game 4 of the WNBA finals. I know that game was up against NFL football but there is no way that many US households watched a FIBA World Cup game broadcast at 2 am edt.
I figured since it aired on the main channel with basically no competition it seemed plausible. If the stats are worldwide, I would assume the Australian viewership must be the bulk of the non-American viewers.

Reaction Score
It is US viewers only. The broadcast before it was Washington-UCLA football, which averaged 1.7 million viewers, so the number seems pretty plausible to me. Every so often, middle of the night ESPN replays of major games from the day before do some pretty impressive numbers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom