Favorite Guitar Solos in Studio Album Songs | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Favorite Guitar Solos in Studio Album Songs

Reaction Score
This is not perhaps what the original poster had in mind as this is an instrumental number, but I really like this one from Joe Satriani.

Reaction Score
This is stated at the at the top of the WBB Forum:
This forum is for fans to discuss UConn's 11 National Championships; UConn women's basketball recruiting; Coach Geno Auriemma; music; trivia, etc.

So...
Well thats good to know.....but still have no idea why that last music thread got banished to the entertainment section.

Reaction Score
"Theme From An Imaginary Western" Leslie West and Mountain

A solo most intermediate guitarists can play today note for note, BUT the vibrato and tone, and that harmonic at the end of the first solo, are difficult to duplicate. I've also included a much later live version of the same song which, in my opinion, is an example of Mr. West at his best.

Leslie West -Imaginary Western- LIVE video 1988 at Hammersmith..

Reaction Score
"A Nice Day For Something" - Norm Zeller and First Friday (1970 Notre Dame rock band)

This one will shock some of you Notre Dame haters. First Friday was a rock band of ND students who would perform on the steps of their dorm before every football home game. Norm Zeller, their lead guitarist, was an Economics major out of the Chicago area, if I recall correctly. While most students were following the ND Marching Band parading around campus, I was glued to Mr. Zeller's fingers. This was 1970, and to this day I would consider him a match to many of the famous guitarists at that time, Mike Bloomfield and Eric Clapton included, and one of the main reasons I'm still playing guitar in several bands some 50 years later. For you guitar enthusiasts, this track was recorded live in the off-campus studio of another ND student, running a late 50's sunburst Les Paul through a blackface Fender Twin Reverb. Perfect tone IMHO. Sadly, that same guitar would be heisted from an airport carousel, a tremendous loss as the instrument would be worth several hundred thousand dollars today.

Reaction Score
Heavy blues rock Interstate Blues id EVH ever played blues rock it might have sounded like this. The vocals ok, lyrics, pretty bad but there are 2 solos. The second one Jack Black might call face melting. .

Reaction Score
"A Nice Day For Something" - Norm Zeller and First Friday (1970 Notre Dame rock band)

This one will shock some of you Notre Dame haters. First Friday was a rock band of ND students who would perform on the steps of their dorm before every football home game. Norm Zeller, their lead guitarist, was an Economics major out of the Chicago area, if I recall correctly. While most students were following the ND Marching Band parading around campus, I was glued to Mr. Zeller's fingers. This was 1970, and to this day I would consider him a match to many of the famous guitarists at that time, Mike Bloomfield and Eric Clapton included, and one of the main reasons I'm still playing guitar in several bands some 50 years later. For you guitar enthusiasts, this track was recorded live in the off-campus studio of another ND student, running a late 50's sunburst Les Paul through a blackface Fender Twin Reverb. Perfect tone IMHO. Sadly, that same guitar would be heisted from an airport carousel, a tremendous loss as the instrument would be worth several hundred thousand dollars today.

This was freaking awesome. I absolutely love undiscovered gems like this. My new favorite record label is called Riding Easy Records. Their niche is 1969-1979 obscure bands. They are up to volume 14 in The Brown Acid Series. These are chock full of gems like you shared. You can listen on Apple or Youtube. Right on!

Reaction Score
Not exactly a 'solo', if one was to be fussy, but my favorite outro, bar none. And a really nifty bass line as well.
Skip to the 2:50 mark if Nazareth isn't your fave. I prefer headphones so I don't miss any of it, or I use the home system to share with the neighbors.

Reaction Score
A name not normally associated with electric guitar solos, unusual selection from Dan.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Another of my favorites, from Denny Dias. This was the first song I ever thought was just too short. I could listen to that guitar and variations all day. The whole thing is just so damned happy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom