Favorite Guitar Solos in Studio Album Songs | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Favorite Guitar Solos in Studio Album Songs

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
If you're gonna put a live version. This one is much better.

25 or 6 to 4 (at Tanglewood)

The sound quality is certainly way better in the Tanglewood recording; hadn’t heard the English one before. Both solos are fantastic, though, I wouldn’t want to pick one. Terry should be on anyone’s short list of the best guitarists ever.

Reaction Score
Tell me this album isn't 50 years old! I was pounding nails in Sun Valley when it came out and i had it on play daily, 25 years old, shirtless under the sun, and never a thought of...the endgame. I still listen to it occasionally, although most of the other circumstances of the day have gone down the river. (I was going to pick Tennessee Stud, then thought better of it LOL) My girlfriend at the time had a brother that made guitars and he made one for Doc Watson, hence my timid foray into bluegrass.

Reaction Score
Funny. Back to back posts. Toto does live versions of Bodhisattva & Red House that are amazing. Steve Lukather shreds.

Tell me this album isn't 50 years old! I was pounding nails in Sun Valley when it came out and i had it on play daily, 25 years old, shirtless under the sun, and never a thought of...the endgame. I still listen to it occasionally, although most of the other circumstances of the day have gone down the river. (I was going to pick Tennessee Stud, then thought better of it LOL) My girlfriend at the time had a brother that made guitars and he made one for Doc Watson, hence my timid foray into bluegrass.

"Tennessee Stud" from this album is a great, great, rendition - I had forgotten all about that one. Thanks, gotta go look it up now.

Reaction Score
I love acoustic solos on rock songs. Bad Company's 'Crazy Circles' and the live acoustic version of Sister Hazel's "Strange Cup of Tea' come to mind.

Reaction Score
I love the Moonlight Sonata! I thrilled to Tina S's interpretation and offer another for contrast:

Reaction Score
One from 1982, this is a master class in guitar virtuosity IMO. I couldn't pick one track so you have the entire album. Just pick a spot and put your headphones on, earbuds in, whatever... and kick back:

Reaction Score
A couple of days ago i mentioned that i liked the blues period of FM the best. I like their "pop" music too. Here's a Buckingham song:

IMO Lindsey Buckingham has always been underrated as a guitarist. This one has my favorite Buckingham soloes:

Reaction Score
"Yer Blues" from The White Album by The Beatles

Underrated solo, and song to be honest.

HHH

Hartford Hall Husky
Reaction Score
don barnes, 38 special, caught up in you
Another great band from Jacksonville, FLA! I’m pretty sure that soloist was actually Jeff Carlisi though. His solo on “Hold on Loosely” is another of my faves:

HHH

Hartford Hall Husky
Reaction Score
Are dual-guitar solos allowed? Although I really like the one in Orleans’s “Still the One”, I guess I’d have to go with Thin Lizzy’s “The Boys Are Back In Town”:

Reaction Score
I enjoy listening to Rick Beato breaking down music. These are his opinions.

Love Rick. I've been following him for years. He'll have 3 million subs soon.
Here's his breakdown of a song by the Who. (I'm counting Pete's guitar as the qualifier for this thread)

Reaction Score
Another great band from Jacksonville, FLA! I’m pretty sure that soloist was actually Jeff Carlisi though. His solo on “Hold on Loosely” is another of my faves:

my mistake. listen to him on the live album. great work from him

Reaction Score
I was going to park this one in the recent 'Obscure' music thread, but in the process of listening I rediscovered that it had some nice guitar work that would probably fit here as well. "Tubular Bells" was the big hit for Mike Oldfield.

UHF

Reaction Score
Would this qualify as a guitar solo? I believe that she was only 16 when this was put on YouTube.

Tina Setkic has not uploaded any videos to her YouTube channel in 5 years. Numerous websites with her fans asking "what happened to Tina S?"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom