Fall Camp 2018 Coverage - #RiseAsOne | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Fall Camp 2018 Coverage - #RiseAsOne

Reaction Score

>>At one point, Edsall held out an open palm to the crowd. “We were like this last year as a team,” Edsall said. “We were an open hand. And any time you’re a team and you’re an open hand you’ve got no chance to be good because you have everybody going off in every different direction. “I said, I’ve got to find a way to get us to be where we can be a closed fist,” he continued, “where everybody is in it for the right reasons, where everybody is in it to do it the right way.”<<

Reaction Score
are we now a fist? Closed tight?
https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F417869%2F17781ff2-32b8-4591-8ec8-823417fde1e9.jpg

Someone please Photoshop this

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Okay then:cool::D

I’m wondering if freshmen who arrived over summer are included in this. My guess is no, as I think Jones would be near the top on bench press and I only see freshmen who arrived a semester early on the leader boards

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This is fascinating to me, and revealing. I am sort of shocked to not see folks like Hergy Mayala or Beals on there for speed skill, as well as Jay Rose for the "Front 7" group.
Well, this info will help us get a better sense of 40 speed vs football speed as we watch the games. Straight speed vs burst speed (ie first five steps)

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Finally a fitting add on this site

Attachments

• 314A69D1-4C02-4130-B5D0-10622DC61949.png
    314A69D1-4C02-4130-B5D0-10622DC61949.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 60

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I love the closed fist reference. We are going to be the Nikita Khruschevs of CFB this season. I think our new alternate football nickname should be the Nikitas, a particularly rabid, vicious breed of Siberian huskies!

"We will bury you!" (pounding our closed fists on the table)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's bordeline fetish video streaming if UConn starts fisting their opponents.

Reaction Score
This open-hand to closed-fist metaphorical transformation is exactly what I was referring to when I touted the way this team will outplay and surprise those who expect the same old same old. I heard about this transformation from several players after the Blue-White game this spring. It was stunning for me to hear that last season the O and D players never spoke to each other—never felt like a band of brothers. There was a lethargy that infected their performance on the field. For me to now hear several of them talk about how much closer the team is this year, all pulling for each other, with everyone committed to a common goal of “learning the playbook top to bottom” and “understanding our assignments so we can immediately react instead of analyzing the possibilities” —and see lots of heads nodding in agreement spoke volumes.
UCF better be ready next Thursday. This is a much better UConn team then the one they’ll be expecting.

Reaction Score
I think the fist reference works better for basketball where there are five players on the court.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Back to brotherhoods leading to wins eh... guess we forget the Diaco era more quickly than one would imagine.

Guess it’s a good time for the theatre of the absurd with the search function down.

Reaction Score
This open-hand to closed-fist metaphorical transformation is exactly what I was referring to when I touted the way this team will outplay and surprise those who expect the same old same old. I heard about this transformation from several players after the Blue-White game this spring. It was stunning for me to hear that last season the O and D players never spoke to each other—never felt like a band of brothers. There was a lethargy that infected their performance on the field. For me to now hear several of them talk about how much closer the team is this year, all pulling for each other, with everyone committed to a common goal of “learning the playbook top to bottom” and “understanding our assignments so we can immediately react instead of analyzing the possibilities” —and see lots of heads nodding in agreement spoke volumes.
UCF better be ready next Thursday. This is a much better UConn team then the one they’ll be expecting.

God damn it. Now you're making me optimistic. Because it brings a comparison to mind.

Coming off that awful 4-8 year in '06, rationally we expected to be better but no one thought we could compete for the conference championship. And then there was that preseason story about Edsall having punished the defense by making them do up-downs while the offense watched, our new QB Lorentzon without saying a word joining them in doing it and the entire offense following the QB and joining in. And what do you know -- that year we played with heart and created a lot of luck and achieved success that no one saw coming in the pre-season.

So the lawyer in me sticks to the fact that we are too young, and without enough upperclass talent, and without having seen enough positives from players who we are counting on, but you have the fan part of me now wondering. Damn you Nostical!

Reaction Score
God damn it. Now you're making me optimistic. Because it brings a comparison to mind.

Coming off that awful 4-8 year in '06, rationally we expected to be better but no one thought we could compete for the conference championship. And then there was that preseason story about Edsall having punished the defense by making them do up-downs while the offense watched, our new QB Lorentzon without saying a word joining them in doing it and the entire offense following the QB and joining in. And what do you know -- that year we played with heart and created a lot of luck and achieved success that no one saw coming in the pre-season.

So the lawyer in me sticks to the fact that we are too young, and without enough upperclass talent, and without having seen enough positives from players who we are counting on, but you have the fan part of me now wondering. Damn you Nostical!
Lol are your really going to let yourself get excited over another nostical post?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom