Ezi Magbegor In The News | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ezi Magbegor In The News

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This is kinda funny. How many threads have UConn fans started this year fretting about the production of the freshmen class? More than one, that's for sure. The good news is next year they will be sophs and they might all improve dramatically. This year they were disappointing given their recruiting rankings. There's no way to sugar coat it. You all know it.

Horvat's stats aren't eye popping but she had her moments. Fellow UCLA Fr. Michaela Onyenwere was a fairly significant contributor for them.

I clearly stated in my post UConn is a better program w/ a better coaching staff. I would expect McBegor would develop more there than if she chose UCLA. I was merely pointing out the irony of being critical of the production of a UCLA freshmen given the production of all of Uconn's highly touted freshmen. Take off the blinders for a second folks.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
In women's basketball we're not used to having players bolt for the pros after
one or two years. I could envision that as a scenario for Ezi, although she
would have to play a year in Australia before coming to the WNBA. I would
think that an offer from Geno would be contingent upon a four year commitment.
Personally, I think that it's unlikely that she will come to Connecticut, and even
less likely that we would have her for four years.
This concept of Geno asking any player to stay until thier eiligibility is exhausted has been floated here before. Just don't think that's the way Geno or UCONN WCBB operates. It sure was not the case with Morgan Tuck. I think Geno operates the program by a much simplier motto: Stay as long as you are happy & regardless of how long you stay you are preparing for your next challenge-which is called real life and will likely have nothing to do with basketball.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This is kinda funny. How many threads have UConn fans started this year fretting about the production of the freshmen class? More than one, that's for sure. The good news is next year they will be sophs and they might all improve dramatically. This year they were disappointing given their recruiting rankings. There's no way to sugar coat it. You all know it.

Horvat's stats aren't eye popping but she had her moments. Fellow UCLA Fr. Michaela Onyenwere was a fairly significant contributor for them.

I clearly stated in my post UConn is a better program w/ a better coaching staff. I would expect McBegor would develop more there than if she chose UCLA. I was merely pointing out the irony of being critical of the production of a UCLA freshmen given the production of all of Uconn's highly touted freshmen. Take off the blinders for a second folks.
UCONN top freshmen recruit played pretty well against UCLA if I remember correctly so she must be doing ok.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

While I don’t disagree that this year’s freshmen class has underperformed so far, it is in fact something of an aberration as far as UConn freshmen classes performance in general.

Last year, while not spectacular, Crystal started several games and had a solid year as the 1st player off the bench. Two years ago Lou was a sharp-shooting starter from about mid-season on, and Pheesa was a key reserve during the tournament.

The year before that, Kia became a starter after the 2nd game of the season and was solid from then on. Two years before that, Stewie was the MOP in the National Championship with Tuck also playing a key role.

It goes on and on with players such as KML, Steph, Bria, Maya, DT and many others making major contributions to UConn WBB as freshmen.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
UCONN top freshmen recruit played pretty well against UCLA if I remember correctly so she must be doing ok.

Walker obviously has talent. Somewhere down the road she may very well be an All-American and one of the best players in the country. She had several good games this year, and many games in which she didn't contribute very much.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
It's possible Magbegor would take a lot of time to get acclimated to UConn's pace and system as is the case with nearly all freshmen. It's also possible her extreme talent and time with Australian pros will accelerate her learning curve. Either way, if she turns into a monster for just her last 2-3 years I don't think anyone will mind.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Anyone spot Ezi in the crowd at tonight's game yet?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Anyone spot Ezi in the crowd at tonight's game yet?
At halftime I walked past an athletic-looking dark-skinned young woman about 6-4 in height. She was accompanied by a young guy who might have been her brother. She was wearing a dark blue sweater.

Could be.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
At halftime I walked past an athletic-looking dark-skinned young woman about 6-4 in height. She was accompanied by a young guy who might have been her brother. She was wearing a dark blue sweater.

Could be.
You're the man. Where is she located so I can peep her reactions?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

Could be.
That was Tina Charles.

Reaction Score
I think Ezi got a pretty good glimpse of what UConn basketball is all about...............while it wasn't close, I'm glad the game was a bit more competitive so that she doesn't think all of UConn's opponents are complete pushovers

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I think Ezi got a pretty good glimpse of what UConn basketball is all about.....while it wasn't close, I'm glad the game was a bit more competitive so that she doesn't think all of UConn's opponents are complete pushovers

:D If UCONN beats a team by 15 or less, then the beaten team is not a pushover.
Texas, Notre Dame, and Louisville So yep! Not all of UCONN's opponents have been pushovers. :rolleyes:;)

Reaction Score

It isn't about the production of freshmen, it's about the development of talent over 4 years. If it was about freshman numbers then she'd be visiting Knoxville where freshmen thrive.

Reaction Score
So did anyone actually see Ezi at the game? Or Do we have any confirmation she was there or on campus today?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It isn't about the production of freshmen, it's about the development of talent over 4 years. If it was about freshman numbers then she'd be visiting Knoxville where freshmen thrive.

You're late to the party. This all started with another poster noting the production of a Fr. from UCLA. Which made it relevant and valid to note the production of UConn Fr. That's all.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score

Could be.

Yep, saw her as well. She was sitting behind UConn bench. Very tall and very athletic looking. If that wasn't Ezi, I would recruit her anyhow.

Reaction Score
You're late to the party. This all started with another poster noting the production of a Fr. from UCLA. Which made it relevant and valid to note the production of UConn Fr. That's all.

Yes. You are right. But the real issue in comparing Magbegor's choice of colleges beyond the locations of the schools is which school does a better job developing top pros and in that regard UCLA loses, and loses badly.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yes. You are right. But the real issue in comparing Magbegor's choice of colleges beyond the locations of the schools is which school does a better job developing top pros and in that regard UCLA loses, and loses badly.

Agreed, and I've never disputed that throughout this thread.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom