Explain to Stanford, Louisville, Baylor and Maryland | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Explain to Stanford, Louisville, Baylor and Maryland

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
As Charlie Creme explained in a TV interview today (Sunday March 7), South Carolina and NC State will be the 4th and 5th overall seeds, and they will be set up to play each other in the Elite 8. So, the only thing that is affected by which of them gets the last #1 seed is the color of the uniforms that they will wear in that presumed E8 game.

Of course, that assumes that Texas A&M will remain a #1 seed (presumably #3 overall) despite its loss to Georgia yesterday. Mr. Creme seems to take that as a given.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
As Charlie Creme explained in a TV interview today (Sunday March 7), South Carolina and NC State will be the 4th and 5th overall seeds, and they will be set up to play each other in the Elite 8. So, the only thing that is affected by which of them gets the last #1 seed is the color of the uniforms that they will wear in that presumed E8 game.

Of course, that assumes that Texas A&M will remain a #1 seed (presumably #3 overall) despite its loss to Georgia yesterday. Mr. Creme seems to take that as a given.
Also makes a difference in the teams they play to get to that elite 8 game a one plays a 4 seed and one plays a 3 seed - generally the three seeds have pretty clearly separated themselves from the teams considered 4 seeds.

Reaction Score
I could care less if SC is a 1 or 2. We seem to play better with the 2 by our name. I just hope we get another crack at NC State and UConn.

Reaction Score
1 seeds should be UConn, Stanford, Texas A&M and then NC State or SC (thats the only debatable one). Louisville, Baylor, Maryland and then either NC or SC as 2 seeds.

Reaction Score
Agreed completely. I don’t see how they ignore that NC St has 3 wins over teams in the top 2 seed lines — including a road win at SC. But hey, I don’t get paid the big bucks they do.
It doesn't particularly matter to me whether South Carolina is the #4 or #5 team in the tournament.

I'd give NC State the nod if was making that seeding decision I guess.

I suppose it matters slightly whether you draw a 4 or a 3 seed in the sweet 16, but I don't see it as a particularly important distinction.

I'd rather not see a seeded rematch in the regional final for variety's sake, but seems like that is what is likely to be.

Reaction Score
The only valuable difference between being #4 overall and #5 overall is if there is a tangible difference between #12 overall and #13 overall.

Anyone see that scenario as a reality?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It doesn't particularly matter to me whether South Carolina is the #4 or #5 team in the tournament.

I'd give NC State the nod if was making that seeding decision I guess.

I suppose it matters slightly whether you draw a 4 or a 3 seed in the sweet 16, but I don't see it as a particularly important distinction.

I'd rather not see a seeded rematch in the regional final for variety's sake, but seems like that is what is likely to be.
I'm with you on that: AOTBE, I'd rather see "fresh" matchups between teams who haven't yet played each other. Would be fun to see, e.g., how SC matches up against Maryland or Baylor, rather than rehashing the matchup against NC State.

There are certain reasons the committee will deviate from a true S-curve. Most commonly it's to keep conference foes in separate regions or otherwise from meeting too early. Geography is another common trump card, though obviously not this year. But avoiding rematches of nonconference games in the S16 or E8 isn't really considered as far as I've ever heard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom