ESPN | The Boneyard

ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UConn bashing is now in full effect at the worlwide leader. They're not even being subtle anymore:

Top 5 realignment free agents

1. BYU
2. Houston
3. Cinci
4. Boise St
5. Temple

The next five: SMU, San Diego State, Navy, USF, UConn

Ummm...yeah, ESPiN. BYU and the entire NNNNNBE listed ahead of UConn?? But I guess we have a sneak peak at what the new ACC will look like in 2017.

Honestly, my self-boycott of ESPiN "news" content continues in earnest.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
At this point, I just don't even know what to say anymore?

I mean, , what's more believable HFD's firm believe in going to B1G or ESPN doing everything in it's power to try and publicly castrate UConn's value?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I mean, it's so insane that my first reaction is to get pissed off, despite their being no point. Truly at a loss for words.

Reaction Score
imout.jpg

Reaction Score
At this point, I just don't even know what to say anymore?

I mean, , what's more believable HFD's firm believe in going to B1G or ESPN doing everything in it's power to try and publicly castrate UConn's value?
This just makes HFD even more believable...I think...now I'm just waiting for Fox to come out with a free agent list with UConn being number one to confirm us going to the BiG.

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
Honestly. From those of you with much more CR knowledge than me. Other than HFD's scenario of UConn to B1G (which, given all the perceived setbacks for us so far actually seems more realistic than our University being abandoned by all major conferences and left to rot). Why would ESPN want to continually degrade UConn at every opportunity? I don't understand how that would benefit them if you were to assume a B1G invite wasn't a reality. Please enlighten me. Thanks.

Reaction Score
It seems that Espn either:

1. wants to make sure that UConn is available to the ACC when needed

2. Knows UConn is going elsewhere (B1G).

3. (And worst) Espn knows UConn will never get the votes for the ACC and we are going to rot for sure.

4. Espn has another plan for UConn that we can't see coming yet--- like as a critical piece to the new conference which they intend to bid on. We provide more valuable content than any other program available due to our basketball programs. We are by far the biggest fish to make that new conference viable.

Reaction Score
Lol according to espn uconn has gone from "expected replacement for Umd" to 10th best realignment free agent. Hahahaha am I going crazy of is dan's theory that uconn told the acc to shove it making some more sense. This is insane and sooo pathetic from espn.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
It seems that Espn either:

1. wants to make sure that UConn is available to the ACC when needed

2. Knows UConn is going elsewhere (B1G).

3. (And worst) Espn knows UConn will never get the votes for the ACC and we are going to rot for sure.

4. Espn has another plan for UConn that we can't see coming yet--- like as a critical piece to the new conference which they intend to bid on. We provide more valuable content than any other program available due to our basketball programs. We are by far the biggest fish to make that new conference viable.

or maybe, just maybe:

5. the business-side of ESPN doesnt actually exercise the editorial control over its bloggers that many BY's are convinced they do. Maybe there's no deepthroat at ESPN after all. Perhaps ESPN just promotes an atmosphere where its bloggers are incentivized to merely write their opinions, and ESPN thereafter benefits from the controversy/hate generated by such ridiculous blogs?

just asking....

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Wait, who the duck* is Ryan McGee and why should anyone give a * what he's saying?

The problem is, this nobody, this moron, has the platform to spew this downright defamation about UConn to the whole sporting country.

As well all know, the country is filled with 98% nobodys and morons who shape public opinion.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The problem is, this nobody, this moron, has the platform to spew this downright defamation about UConn to the whole sporting country.

As well all know, the country is filled with 98% nobodys and morons who shape public opinion.
Makes it all the more critical that WM own our narrative and correct these nobodies who unfortunately do influence people. Silence is defeat.

Reaction Score
or maybe, just maybe:

5. the business-side of ESPN doesnt actually exercise the editorial control over its bloggers that many BY's are convinced they do. Maybe there's no deepthroat at ESPN after all. Perhaps ESPN just promotes an atmosphere where its bloggers are incentivized to merely write their opinions, and ESPN thereafter benefits from the controversy/hate generated by such ridiculous blogs?

just asking....

I thought of that. I have been hearing that theory for 2 years, yet we are still homeless and Espn has crucified us the whole time. When Espn starts talking us up, maybe we can give them some credit but they have an uncanny ability to be very rough on us over and over and over.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Makes it all the more critical that WM own our narrative and correct these nobodies who unfortunately do influence people. Silence is defeat.

What blows my mind is how did UConn/Warde/Herbst not publicly trumpet the bulletpoints that some guy on an Ohio State message board wrote about UConn (saw that copy and pasted here last week or so)?

Comments like, 'I think we're a good choice, but I'm biased' just make us look stupid, unmotivated and accepting of defeat. Where is the fire?

H

Huskieforlife

With this ridiculous list by ESPN, this proves we have officially #B1GHardest. We are #B1GBound

Reaction Score
I've officially given up hope that we're going anywhere. I will not stop being a fan, but I've decided that I will be rooting for a mid-major program. Herbst and Manual are either completely incompetent, or worse, Herbst has decided to go with the SUNY-type path without significant emphasis on athletics.

How do they not have a PR firm or department propping us up? Even I started believing that we don't deserve to be picked. I was quickly swayed by the facts presented by posters here. There is no B1G silent invitation. They wouldn't let their future product get destroyed. They'd tell us not to mention the offer, but they'd want us to talk about how great we are.

Sorry for the rant. I just don't see any leadership. Regardless of what's going on behind the scenes, you have to defend yourself!

H

Huskieforlife

I've officially given up hope that we're going anywhere. I will not stop being a fan, but I've decided that I will be rooting for a mid-major program. Herbst and Manual are either completely incompetent, or worse, Herbst has decided to go with the SUNY-type path without significant emphasis on athletics.

How do they not have a PR firm or department propping us up? Even I started believing that we don't deserve to be picked. I was quickly swayed by the facts presented by posters here. There is no B1G silent invitation. They wouldn't let their future product get destroyed. They'd tell us not to mention the offer, but they'd want us to talk about how great we are.

Sorry for the rant. I just don't see any leadership. Regardless of what's going on behind the scenes, you have to defend yourself!
While I agree with you, lots of us are trying to be optimistic. Like you said whatever confrense we are in we will always be loyal fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom