ESPN announcement for Jones? | Page 16 | The Boneyard

ESPN announcement for Jones?

Reaction Score
Thses young ladies are not playing games. Boston wanted to be with her family when she announced. She waited for this tournament because that allowed them to be togerher. Jones is living in an area that has been greatly disrupted by horrendous fires and put off her announcement due to the turmoil. I guess they should have checked with you first.
DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!?!

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!?!
Well, if we rearrange your handle's letters, it spells Ford. So, I guess you could be William Clay Ford, Jr., Executive Chairman of Ford Motor Company.

Then again, while Gerald R. and the missus (the ever admirable Betty) have both passed on to greater places, their kids are still around. Although they aren't at an age to be called "kids" any longer. But I do recall how envious I was of Susan Ford's prom party at the White House - dating myself there.

Otherwise, I have no idea.

Reaction Score
These gals are playing too many games trying to create signing and announcement intrigue. Not a fan of either Jones or Boston after all this. Big turnoff for me.
a. NO Games. This is what happens in High School sports, especially for the TOP players in the country
b. No one asking you to "be a fan" of either of the young ladies...but assuming they end up at UCONN...and IF you are a UCONN WBB fan, maybe you will give them a second chance.
c. I'm guessing you couldn't sleep on Christmas Eve when you were young... Santa was playing "too many games" while you had to wait for him to go down your chimney.

Reaction Score
Haley jones recently liked this after the other posts regarding the upcoming freshmen at Stanford.

Check out @StanfordWBB’s Tweet:

Reaction Score
It’s ok UCONN will be ok.. Boston was a sure thing everyone thought and she goes to South Carolina.. she chose USC... she stated she prayed a lot and USC felt like home and she called Geno and Geno was extremely gracious. She notified him before they left for the Virgin Islands. She notified Daley today I believe read the espn article. So to post tweets , likes is at this point ridiculous .. no one knows anything anymore.. speculate all u want .. whatever will be .. will be.

Reaction Score
DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!?!
In the German language Dorf translates as village. So you are a village. This is why I posted previously that Hillary once said " It takes a dorf.". Which no one seemed to get.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
So I'm 0-1 in predictions thus far since I thought Boston would choose UCONN, but I now think this probably helps UCONN's chances of landing Jones if anything. If Boston knew Jones had committed to UCONN, she realistically isn't starting as a freshman in Storrs. Starting 5 would be ONO/Jones/Walker/Williams/Dangerfield. She'll get more minutes as a sophomore and upperclassmen but has 3 years of competing with ONO and Jones for touches inside. At South Carolina she has a clearer path to be a go to player.

Geno always seems to recruit in a way where prized players help fill a need at their position and are able to make an impact early. Jones also has a very clear path to ample playing time with an open slot at the 4.
She has the same situation at Stanford, which also has its advantages, but I think it's a total toss up between the two.

If it works out for UCONN, Geno is going to look like a genius when he starts three #1 recruits, the #5 recruit and a #3 recruit. If he misses on Jones, UCONN will not be as potent next year with Camara or Irwin likely logging big minutes.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
So I'm 0-1 in predictions thus far since I thought Boston would choose UCONN, but I now think this probably helps UCONN's chances of landing Jones if anything. If Boston knew Jones had committed to UCONN, she realistically isn't starting as a freshman in Storrs. Starting 5 would be ONO/Jones/Walker/Williams/Dangerfield. She'll get more minutes as a sophomore and upperclassmen but has 3 years of competing with ONO and Jones for touches inside. At South Carolina she has a clearer path to be a go to player.

Geno always seems to recruit in a way where prized players help fill a need at their position and are able to make an impact early. Jones also has a very clear path to ample playing time with an open slot at the 4.
She has the same situation at Stanford, which also has its advantages, but I think it's a total toss up between the two.

If it works out for UCONN, Geno is going to look like a genius when he starts three #1 recruits, the #5 recruit and a #3 recruit. If he misses on Jones, UCONN will not be as potent next year with Camara or Irwin likely logging big minutes.
I hope you are right about Jones but I think Boston is really good and would have probably started in my opinion a head of Jones. Boston has some competition in SC. There is no guarantee that she will start there either. Most on the board thought that Boston was a near perfect fit for UCONN and that would have been the case almost right away.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Still wish @Dorf was right about everything though. C'mon back man, ain't no haters here.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I wonder if Boston had a last-minute change of heart.
That's the way I see it. I also saw Cox deciding on Baylor once she got a better understanding of her physical condition and her need to stay near home. I thought Magbegor was a stay home or go to UConn decision. Collier we know.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I wonder if Boston had a last-minute change of heart.
What kind of "change of heart" can a recruit have after signing a LOI? Or are you referring to her signing with SC? If so, what does that matter now????

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
That's the way I see it. I also saw Cox deciding on Baylor once she got a better understanding of her physical condition and her need to stay near home. I thought Magbegor was a stay home or go to UConn decision. Collier we know.

Cox was always going to Baylor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom