Eric Cobb | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Eric Cobb

Reaction Score
If he just stopped doing so much and didn’t turn the ball over he could be Berry. But it’s hard to see him making a big enough turnaround from those bad habits.

6.2 turnovers per 40 for a big with a 19% usage rate is absolutely absurd. Might be the worst I’ve ever seen. He needs that to be cut in half at least.
What I liked about Berry was his tremendous work ethic. The kid was a gym rat. Plus he was linkedinable.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Cobb really needs to work on his defense. Sometimes he looks glued to the court.
That's what got him into the doghouse. He had back to back plays on defense where he watched a missed shot and made no attempt to get a rebound. KO pulled him, he mouthed off and was suspended. He's had problems with two coaches and Hurley is more Martin than KO so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Cobb can be an absolutely solid role player. I’m gonna be interested to see if Hurley lets him shoot 3s. Didn’t he make a couple last year?

Reaction Score
Cobb can be an absolutely solid role player. I’m gonna be interested to see if Hurley lets him shoot 3s. Didn’t he make a couple last year?
Yes, 2-4 from three. I looked up his stats and he only took a total of 18 shots all season in 116 minutes of playing time.

Reaction Score
I predict he's our starting center and gives us 9 and 6 a game... Kid has skills; a lot of them actually. Just has to be utilized correctly and be willing to buy-in to the system.
I still think Carlton will start as he offers a lot more on the defensive end and Hurley seems to like a guy who play that side of the ball at the 5. I just don't see much in Cobb besides a big guy who wants to be a guard. He needs to lose some weight and come back in better shape and become dedicated to playing defense if he wants minutes.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I worry more about Cobb's head than any other part of his game.
I hope he can change.

Reaction Score
Hurley took an absolute nothing overweight recruit Andre Berry and turned him into a pretty good college player.
Over how many years? Cobb is a slob. Dont see him doing much more than what we`ve seen from him.

Reaction Score
I still think Carlton will start as he offers a lot more on the defensive end and Hurley seems to like a guy who play that side of the ball at the 5. I just don't see much in Cobb besides a big guy who wants to be a guard. He needs to lose some weight and come back in better shape and become dedicated to playing defense if he wants minutes.

Truth be told, I completely forgot about Carlton. While I think Carlton has potential, I am really discouraged with his lack of explosion and mechanical-ness. Cobb, even with being out of shape, is still quicker and more active than Carlton. I'm hoping both make some major gains in their physical form. Both can be effective players in a system where they are supplementary pieces.

Reaction Score
Cobb has some talent to work with and he’s not stupid. I think he understands he has to fully buy in to have any success in his college career. Good for him

Reaction Score
He heaves threes at the rec when he plays pickup. I know pick up basketball is a joke for these guys but he is an awful shooter.

Reaction Score
If he can downplay the dribbling and highlight his obvious outlet passing aptitude Cobb could be a real interesting piece to this team. First pass to streaking Jalen or Alterique and then watch them open court abuse odd man situations with Sid and others catching and finishing.
I disagree with everyone. If he can improve in every aspect and be an even better ball handler he can be a real problem for all opposing bigs and offer an abstract change to our offense as Anthony mason 2.0. But we can all dream.

Reaction Score
Truth be told, I completely forgot about Carlton. While I think Carlton has potential, I am really discouraged with his lack of explosion and mechanical-ness. Cobb, even with being out of shape, is still quicker and more active than Carlton. I'm hoping both make some major gains in their physical form. Both can be effective players in a system where they are supplementary pieces.
Carlton is still a better position defender than Cobb. Cobb might move well offensively but he is a plodding big guy on defense who can't block shots. At least Carlton has the height and length and position defense to play there. I mean I hope Cobb improves but he is going to have to show us a lot more than last year when he averaged 1.7 pts and 1.1 rebonds per 8 minutes last year to have any impact. I see Diara ahead of him as a backup center if he doesn't play a lot at the PF position since we want to go small.

Reaction Score
cobb has SKILLS TO PAY THE BILLS. i love that spin move he pulled a couple times this year and the fact that he brought the ball up the court. even though we sucked i still had some laughs and some good highlights for him to look at hahaha

Reaction Score
You never know do ya til he exercises his potential? Just trying to give him a model and maybe a niche on the court. It's called encouragement.

He doesn't have anywhere near that skill set and ability but that's ok cause not many big men do. If he buys in and works hard then he can be a solid contributor in the front court next year.

Reaction Score
My expectations for Cobb this year are 0, so anything above that will be a pleasant surprise. He brings a dimension that no one else on the roster is able to provide, so if he can return to the semblance of the player we saw of him vs. 'Zona and Auburn, that would be great.

Reaction Score
Im sure Cobb is a good guy and all but those of you who expect him to change dont hold your breath. He has always stood out at every place he has been and not for good reasons. If Martin couldnt keep him in check than I dont think anyone else can unless Bob Knight is coming out of retirement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom