End of Year Awards | Page 5 | The Boneyard

End of Year Awards

Reaction Score
Ashlyn Watkins not being on the All-Defensive team is criminal
Well, she's on All SEC Second team. I thought she was gonna be the All SEC 6th Woman, but she started one-too-many games.

Reaction Score
More votes yes

People who know better, dunno

I feel bad for Scott Rueck — his program is being orphaned and a COY would’ve probably helped a lot, but instead Tara gets a lifetime achievement award after already winning COY 85 times.
Didn't someone in this thread mention the coaches vote on this? Or am I confusing this with something else?

Reaction Score
And don't forget Lucy Olsen from Villanova, continuing the school's recent domination of the award.
But I am hoping that Paige plays well enough during the rest of the BE schedule to silence the doubters. If not her, then Aaliyah.
I would guess Edwards is POY in the Big East. Lucy Olson would be my 2nd guess

Reaction Score
Fun fact: Caitlin Clark has shot lower than her team’s percentage all 4 years she’s played. Should she not make an All America team either?

Team success is one of the biggest indicators for making an All America team. Juju Watkins isn’t the most efficient but fact is she’s 2nd in the nation in points per game and is carrying a top 10 team on her back. She’s carried them to wins at Stanford, vs. UCLA, at Ohio State and at Oregon State and has averaged 33 ppg in those contests. Inefficiency, turnovers and all, there aren’t 5 players having a better season than Watkins is. She’s an All American.
JuJu did not carry USC in their 2 wins over Oregon State. USC won these 2 games despite JuJu's performance. JuJu was 11 of 33 in game 1, and 6 of 34 in game 2. In game 1, it was USC PG who hit the clutch 3's, and in game 2 it was everyone else except JuJu. A more important factor was that Raegan Beers did not play in the 2nd game.

Reaction Score
More votes yes

I feel bad for Scott Rueck — his program is being orphaned and a COY would’ve probably helped a lot, but instead Tara gets a lifetime achievement award after already winning COY 85 times.
I feel bad for Rueck as well. The coaching job he did last season is what has Oregon State playing so well this season. Not overlooked by OSU fans, and probably not PAC-12 fans, is this is 2nd year Talia van Olehoffen is a All-PAC12 first teamer. Certainly overlooked is Donovyn Hunter on the All-freshman PAC12 team. Dono, as she is known, will be much better known by the end of March with all the eyeballs on OSU and her play.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
JuJu did not carry USC in their 2 wins over Oregon State. USC won these 2 games despite JuJu's performance. JuJu was 11 of 33 in game 1, and 6 of 34 in game 2. In game 1, it was USC PG who hit the clutch 3's, and in game 2 it was everyone else except JuJu. A more important factor was that Raegan Beers did not play in the 2nd game.
That's fair. But you take those out and she has gone 3-1 in games against projected #1 seeds and averaged 35.5 in those contests. She's a first team All American this year.

Reaction Score
Is it possible to tell if ACC, SEC, or PAC-12 award selections are unanimous? I read the releases and couldn’t tell, unless I missed it. The BIG Ten makes this clear, and the Big 12 prevents this from happening because you can’t vote for your own player.

mred

Iowa State Cyclones
Reaction Score
Is it possible to tell if ACC, SEC, or PAC-12 award selections are unanimous? I read the releases and couldn’t tell, unless I missed it. The BIG Ten makes this clear, and the Big 12 prevents this from happening because you can’t vote for your own player.
The Big 12 still flags votes as unanimous as long as everyone but their own coach votes for it.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize so many players made the all conference teams. I actually kinda like it as it makes for less snubs and controversy. Feel bad for Hailey Van Lith. Also janiah barker didn't make a team after I think she made one last year. Grace van slooten from Oregon also didn't make a team. I don't like that every conference doesn't have most improved.

Reaction Score
More votes yes

You're so right. How could the coaches possibly know better than the BY? :rolleyes: Good lord... I guess Geno should have a cap too by that logic.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Pac-12 doesn't give out that info.

I would guess a coach can't vote for their own players, as they can't vote for their own team in the Pac-12 preseason poll.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Curious about the 8-player all SEC team. Did the SEC only go to 8-player teams when the league went to 14 teams, or is that the WBB tradition in the SEC? The Big Ten is a 10-player all-conference team.

The Pac-12 appears to have 15 on 1st team.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize so many players made the all conference teams. I actually kinda like it as it makes for less snubs and controversy. Feel bad for Hailey Van Lith. Also janiah barker didn't make a team after I think she made one last year. Grace van slooten from Oregon also didn't make a team. I don't like that every conference doesn't have most improved.

Van Lith? Why? She did not have a good year

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom