Elite Premium Portal Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Elite Premium Portal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Was just gonna ask if Posh is considered “elite”
I wouldn’t say so. We couldn’t use him I don’t think, we already have a non shooter defensive minded PG off the bench. but Ive enjoyed watching the kid for a couple years. High motor tough minded player.

Reaction Score
Quality thread but I have doubts on whether Fishy can make premium transfer posts. He needs to spend an off-season workshopping transfer takes and watching Jalen Gaffney tape.

Reaction Score
Have an INSIDE SOURCE saying that Posh was very unhappy about how everything went down with Mike Anderson and plans on leaving St. John's, but would love to stay in the Big East and be close to home. Not saying its a done deal by any means, but with those requirements you have to think UConn will be a strong consideration. Bigger hurdle is getting him onboard with coming off the bench or at least understanding that he will not have a defacto starter spot

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Portal will be important this year. We desperately need a true point guard.

Well considering we are the best team left and in the Final Four without one I think that notion has been challenged.

However, when we do and did falter in January Guard play was a primary factor. Going into the FF the worry is PG play. And (advice to the 'yard) don't bother yelling at me about that, Calhoun said the same before the Gonzaga game.

If Andre is back next year and paired with castle, we may just be able to overcome that CW again. They present their own unique challenges for other teams to have to try and handle.

a true PG coming in will most likely have to be OK with non starter minutes. That can limit our portal choices.

Reaction Score
Let's open the other thread back up so people can name all the guys jumping in the portal that they like rather than clog this one again. Leave this only for players UConn reaches out to.

Tom doesn’t like the mega-threads so somebody can create a new premium thread every day and watch as it devolves into plebe talk.

Reaction Score
Have an INSIDE SOURCE saying that Posh was very unhappy about how everything went down with Mike Anderson and plans on leaving St. John's, but would love to stay in the Big East and be close to home. Not saying its a done deal by any means, but with those requirements you have to think UConn will be a strong consideration. Bigger hurdle is getting him onboard with coming off the bench or at least understanding that he will not have a defacto starter spot
Posh and Diarra have very similar games so I don't think he makes sense especially when the thing the roster needs next year is shooting given who is going to the NBA and graduating

Reaction Score
Well considering we are the best team left and in the Final Four without one I think that notion has been challenged.

However, when we do and did falter in January Guard play was a primary factor. Going into the FF the worry is PG play. And (advice to the 'yard) don't bother yelling at me about that, Calhoun said the same before the Gonzaga game.

If Andre is back next year and paired with castle, we may just be able to overcome that CW again. They present their own unique challenges for other teams to have to try and handle.

a true PG coming in will most likely have to be OK with non starter minutes. That can limit our portal choices.

I would like to get a true PG in the pipeline, or at least more facilitators. Fland please. But we are fine for next year. Obviously Andre is a tremendous facilitator but we also have guys like AK who always make the right pass. DC will be a good passer.

What we really need are guys that can break down a defense and draw fouls, and a lights out shooter to run around screens.

Reaction Score
Posh and Diarra have very similar games so I don't think he makes sense especially when the thing the roster needs next year is shooting given who is going to the NBA and graduating

Ya if Posh wants to take the Diarra role maybe we can get Caleb Love to take the Joey C role.

Reaction Score

Unless Andre dramatically improves his shooting, we can't have this out on the court at the same time and expect a 4-out offense to be anywhere near as effective as our current one:

Posh-Stats.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I don’t see any way Posh would fit on this team, unless Diarra didn’t return, and if Posh would be willing to accept a backup role. Seems extremely unlikely.

Looks like the staff is laser focused on a Hawkins replacement. Any other portal targets would depend on if someone unexpectedly doesn’t return. We’re pretty strapped for schollies at the moment.

Reaction Score
Realistically I'm not sure UConn can make any real moves on any transfers until they know who plans on leaving and who plans on coming back. Between Hawkins, Jackson, Sanogo, Newton, and Alleyne, you got 5 guys who are able to come back but no one knows for sure that they will. If I had to guess I'd think Sanogo and Hawkins will be gone and the other 3 will stick around, but can't really recruit until you know what you are missing. Then again, when you got a final four on the line, I doubt any of this is too too much on your mind anyways.

Reaction Score

I would vastly prefer Addae-Wusu over Posh if we had to take a St. John’s player. Shoots it at 36% from 3 with decent frequency and still plays good defense. We could do worse than him to take over the Alleyene role if he moves on

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Assuming Andre stays, unless he dramatically improves his shooting, we can't have this out on the court at the same time and expect a 4-out offense to be anywhere near as effective as our current one:

View attachment 86185
Dang, that's fugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member