2021 Recruiting: - El Ellis JUCO | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: El Ellis JUCO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
6’3 G. Shot over 40% from 3 and over 50% from the field. Show really good athleticism in this video as well

Reaction Score
Been kinda worried about the 2021 guard market seeing as Bouknight (probably)and Polley will be out. Doesn’t seem we are really good with anyone rn. Unless we receive a transfer.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
3 level scorer, insane athleticism. Panhandle player of the year, freshman of the year. Why is he 2021 and not 2020 though?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Um, did anyone notice in the video posted above that there were, at most, like 11 people in the stands for every game. Does level of competition play into this at all? Again, Hurley sure seems to have it under control, so people, calm down.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Um, did anyone notice in the video posted above that there were, at most, like 11 people in the stands for every game. Does level of competition play into this at all? Again, Hurley sure seems to have it under control, so people, calm down.
He’s playing against top notch juco competition. He plays in easily the toughest Juco region in the country.

Last edited:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

Threes, layups and 8 foot pull up jumpers. Saw one dunk, and that was barely over the rim. I think 3 steals to start breaks, which was a CV staple. I hope he can play D like CV, but you rarely see any in mixtapes.
His shooting percentages speak for themselves, but quite a few of his 3 pointers just look ugly. Starts them from a flat footed, wide stance, then ends up with a kind of sideways and forward leg kick.
Still, 50% from the field is 50% from the field, and scoring in general, especially perimeter shooting is among the areas we need help in, so...

Reaction Score

Umm, has anyone notice that when you play Juco ball not many people go to the games.

Reaction Score
Been kinda worried about the 2021 guard market seeing as Bouknight (probably)and Polley will be out. Doesn’t seem we are really good with anyone rn. Unless we receive a transfer.
I agree with this - took a look at guards considering us in 2021 on 247, I’m not seeing a lot of options so far.

UconnU

Reaction Score
I agree with this - took a look at guards considering us in 2021 on 247, I’m not seeing a lot of options so far.
Does anyone know why he’s staying at his Juco when he would be immediately eligible in D1? Strange no?

UconnU

Reaction Score
He was a freshman this year, you need to complete 2 years and graduate to transfer for D1
So the rule change won’t effect JUCO transfers?

Reaction Score
Had four year school offers so it's puzzling why he went JUCO. Maybe he felt he was under recruited and didn't want to have to sit out a year in order to transfer from a four year school? Here's his profile from Tallahassee Community College:

"Electric athlete who was the centerpiece of the Eagles' incoming freshmen class...plays with tremendous poise...above average shooter...is learning to be a true point guard...elite work ethic, loves the game...gym rat."

High School: Signed with Tallahassee out of Quality Education Academy...played for head coach Isaac Pitts...finished his prep career with 2,383 career points...averaged 16.7 points, 4.7 assists and 1.2 steals during his senior season...picked the Eagles over a host of two-year schools, including Eastern Florida State College, Cape Fear Community College and Moberly Area College, and four-year schools such as Santa Clara, Southern, North Carolina Central, Eastern Kentucky, Kennesaw State and Charleston Southern.

Personal: Given name is Elbert, III...born on December 18...son of Tasha McArthur and Elbert Ellis, Jr., who was a multi-sport athlete (football, track) at the University of Pittsburgh and later played in the NFL for the Carolina Panthers and Green Bay Packers...played club ball for Team Wall on the Adidas circuit, where he was coached by Tony Edwards...plans to major in sport management.

Getting to Know El Ellis

Favorite TV show: Fairly Odd Parents...Favorite movie: Get Rich or Die Trying...Favorite food: Pizza...One food I absolutely will not touch: Sushi...Favorite music genre: Rap...What is my spirit animal: Lion...What three words best describe me: A freaking dog...What's the best piece of advice I've ever received: Hard work beats talent...To get ready for a game, I like to: Sleep...Favorite athlete: John Wall...Favorite professional sports team: Los Angeles Lakers...My most memorable moment as an athlete: Scoring over 2,000 points in high school.

Last edited:

UconnU

Reaction Score
Drives and finishes with both hands, nice short game floaters in the lane, unorthodox look on his three's but they go in at a pretty high rate and it is JUCO so the competition is better than the high school videos we see on other kids. He makes the steals look so easy, drives by the defenders in the lane easily too, so not much to not like except maybe his jump shot form.
He was the best Juco freshman in the country. I’m also guessing he’s related to Boogie Ellis?

Reaction Score
He was a freshman this year, you need to complete 2 years and graduate to transfer for D1

The way I read and understand the following article, you only need to graduate if you went to Junior College as a non-qualifier. If you were certified as an academic qualifier before going to Junior College all you need is one semester (12 credits) but you can't play second semester if you only went one. Not sure how many kids go the JUCO route if they're qualifiers but it's theoretically possible they go because they want further development athletically and/or academically, don't want or never were recruited by Prep Schools, etc. Maybe someone knows his status and can fill us in.

Reaction Score
He’s gotta do another year in Juco. Seems like he’s the freshman getting the most love in juco right now. His coach is a Syracuse guy I believe.

Reaction Score
Threes, layups and 8 foot pull up jumpers. Saw one dunk, and that was barely over the rim. I think 3 steals to start breaks, which was a CV staple. I hope he can play D like CV, but you rarely see any in mixtapes.
His shooting percentages speak for themselves, but quite a few of his 3 pointers just look ugly. Starts them from a flat footed, wide stance, then ends up with a kind of sideways and forward leg kick.
Still, 50% from the field is 50% from the field, and scoring in general, especially perimeter shooting is among the areas we need help in, so...
As soon as I started to watch his highlight video, I said to myself he plays a lot like CV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom