Early SEC 23-24 season predictions | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Early SEC 23-24 season predictions

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Mikayla Williams has to be the favorite for FOTY. She will probably get a lot more minutes than Fulwiley who will be primarily a back up for at least half the season.

POTY is about more than points and rebounds. Reese will get a lot more ink than Cardoso. Kamilla is shy and doesn’t have the camera/interview personna for such awards even if she has superb production this year. agree that Rickea will be in the running.
You haven't been keeping up with Kamilla if you think she is still shy. I also think she will be a front runner for POY. I also do not think Lay is going to just be a backup with few minutes. I do think it will be between Fulwiley and Williams, but at this point don't anoint Williams yet. She has a stacked roster to share minutes with....

Reaction Score
You haven't been keeping up with Kamilla if you think she is still shy. I also think she will be a front runner for POY. I also do not think Lay is going to just be a backup with few minutes. I do think it will be between Fulwiley and Williams, but at this point don't anoint Williams yet. She has a stacked roster to share minutes with....
Kamilla is still shy around the General reporters from ESPN etc. she has loosened up around the tame Gamecock reporters but I haven’t seen the confidence that a POTY needs when talking with the pros, I could be wrong.

I expect Lay to get good minutes - the second half of the season - and Williams may be too far ahead by then. But, then again, Milaysia will be doing her thing against top notch teams. Williams won’t face anybody with a pulse until the SEC season starts.

Reaction Score
Fulwiley is a way better player than Mikaylah but it’ll come down to who plays more year one most likely

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Not sure Fulwiley will be getting the typical freshman experience. I think Dawn expects to play her a lot judging from her recent interviews. I’ve never seen her this adamant when talking about a freshman and playing time.

It makes sense getting her involved early when you think of Fulwiley as potentially being the cornerstone of Gamecock WBB once that Feagin/Hall/Johnson group leaves.

Reaction Score
Mikayla Williams has to be the favorite for FOTY. She will probably get a lot more minutes than Fulwiley who will be primarily a back up for at least half the season.
I wonder how the voters will look at Mikayla Williams numbers knowing she's on a stacked team that deliberately playing cupcakes.

Reaction Score
Fulwiley is a way better player than Mikaylah but it’ll come down to who plays more year one most likely
Stop it,

Mikayla was the 1 or 2 ranked prospect in the country. She was dominant in international 3 on 3. Am I saying she is absolutely better than Fulwiley? No.

But to say Fulwiley is “way better” is another of the ridiculous statements you constantly make about LSU. As I have said several times “ your poor mouthing grows old” or should I say “tedious.”

Reaction Score
I wonder how the voters will look at Mikayla Williams numbers knowing she's on a stacked team that deliberately playing cupcakes.
If she’s on a stacked team she may not have numbers that will help her.

Reaction Score
And the official SEC preseason MEDIA picks (team rankings and all conference players) are in

I doubt Flau'Jae makes first team at the end of the season. I expect Morrow to steal some of her minutes and impact her numbers. She is also surrounded by shooters so she'll probably have less opportunities to take shots when she is on the floor.

Reaction Score
And the official SEC preseason MEDIA picks (team rankings and all conference players) are in

Is this list crazy to anyone else? Johnson on first team all SEC and Morrow on second feel very off. I'd have put Johnson or Beal on one of the teams at least.

Reaction Score
I doubt Flau'Jae makes first team at the end of the season. I expect Morrow to steal some of her minutes and impact her numbers. She is also surrounded by shooters so she'll probably have less opportunities to take shots when she is on the floor.
I think Flaujae is gonna be good but first team is a bit of a stretch. Maybe when she is junior or senior if she develops but not this year.

Reaction Score
I can’t remember, are the teams picked by position such as post, power forward, small forward, shooting guard and point guard or is it simply the best five followed by the next best?

Reaction Score

F Johnson on the first team is perplexing when she didn’t make either in the post season and there are much more accomplished players left off. J Cambridge was obviously a good player before the injury caused her to miss last season but again there are more accomplished players from last season.

Reaction Score
I really like Texas A&M (think they should easily be a top 20 team this year), so I think 8 is a bit low. Janiah Barker not making any pre-season all conference teams is a bit of a head scratcher to me. Despite the pre-season hype last year I think Tennessee is actually more talented this year. I think the pieces should fit a bit better. I'm just interested to see how Destinee Wells does in the SEC. If her productivity is about the same, and Jewel Spear is who a lot of people think she is, I think they should be a legit final 4 team. I was surprised to see Georgia so high, what am I missing? They lost a lot of seniors to graduation I thought?

Reaction Score
Has pre-season FOY been chosen or does the SEC not do that?

I’m eager to see Mikaylah Williams vs. Milaysia Fulwiley this season and for the next few years.

Reaction Score
This feels more accurate than the media picks
I agree but a couple of observations.

A Morrow has been on second team for both preseason teams. I’m a little surprised considering her prior accolades.

Based on her previous season awards L Park-Lane should be second team preseason.

Reaction Score
I agree but a couple of observations.

A Morrow has been on second team for both preseason teams. I’m a little surprised considering her prior accolades.

Based on her previous season awards L Park-Lane should be second team preseason.
I'm not that surprised. If you look at her numbers, she took an ungodly amount of shots and had a horrible FG % against most good teams on their schedule. With Reece and Van Lith that makes three players who like to shoot their way into rhythm, so someone has to take the back seat and I think everyone assumes Morrow will be that person.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom