2020 Recruiting: - Dylan Cardwell | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Dylan Cardwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I think we were just Sprungfelded.
Tbh, I'm more apologetic than proud, and would prefer, here, getting back to Cardwell. We've seen 4 bigs from multiple classes mentioned since CliffO shifted from present attention, and I think that this is part of the persistence of the coaching staff, and recognizing that this is the priority and the breakthrough for DH.

Seeing Carlton on the court this year, as well as Whaley's development, and Springs will be telling, and may make the biggest impact on future recruiting. That said, I d really like a pre-season signing.

Reaction Score
This is getting to be like Groundhog Day for centers every year.

Maybe Barnes took him into his private trophy room to show him the National Championship trophies his teams have won and how many first round draft picks he's developed. This is really disappointing if we lose him to Barnes and it's starting to feel like Geno and his issues lately finding a big player.

Perhaps the real reason for the sudden interest in, and offer extended to, Mading?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tbh, I'm more apologetic than proud, and would prefer, here, getting back to Cardwell. We've seen 4 bigs from multiple classes mentioned since CliffO shifted from present attention, and I think that this is part of the persistence of the coaching staff, and recognizing that this is the priority and the breakthrough for DH.

Seeing Carlton on the court this year, as well as Whaley's development, and Springs will be telling, and may make the biggest impact on future recruiting. That said, I d really like a pre-season signing.

This. I was really looking forward to going into the season with our two needs already filled and being able to see what happens with Cam/Cliff in the spring. It would really take some pressure off. Could still happen, let's see what actually transpires this weekend.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is getting to be like Groundhog Day for centers every year.

Maybe Barnes took him into his private trophy room to show him the National Championship trophies his teams have won and how many first round draft picks he's developed. This is really disappointing if we lose him to Barnes and it's starting to feel like Geno and his issues lately finding a big player.

Perhaps the real reason for the sudden interest in, and offer extended to, Mading?

I think we are in good shape with Javonte Brown Ferguson and perhaps Hurley prefers him. I wouldn't be shocked if he decides he's not going to wait out being KU's back up option, especially now that we will really be telling him how much we want him. He's ideal as a very young guy behind Carlton.

Cardwell is a Georgia kid and I have no real concerns about losing him to local schools. His final list is UGA, Vandy, UT and Miami.

When northeastern kids go to LSU and Auburn, then I'm concerned.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
This. I was really looking forward to going into the season with our two needs already filled and being able to see what happens with Cam/Cliff in the spring. It would really take some pressure off. Could still happen, let's see what actually transpires this weekend.
Until we hear that his OV is canceled this weekend I say its still on, with that said it doesn't mean he is coming but if he does we'll have a shot at knocking his socks off & getting a commitment on the spot or we will probably be out. I hope he shows

Reaction Score
I thought it was odd that we went 4 deep to see Javonte Brown-Ferguson just a couple days before Cardwell was supposed to be visiting, and while we were supposedly also in great shape with Cardwell. I'd guess in retrospect that Cardwell had already deferred his visit to First Night and the staff wasn't getting a good vibe. I have liked Cardwell the best of our center prospects so if we really are fighting from behind or have lost the battle, that is disappointing. In Aug I thought our class would be Richmond & Cardwell. After the Jackson verbal, Jackson & Cardwell. I wish these kids would just follow the Boneyard script we have for them
Let's not forget that Cardwell is a southern boy. All those schools are geographically the south.

Jevonte Brown Ferguson is young with so much upside; he just may be the guy. He's scheduled his OV for this weekend,, he's coming, I'm hoping for a commitment. Staff may have firmly scheduled Ferguson for this weekend knowing that Cardwell was iffy.

Last edited:

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
You might be right even if he redshirts a year, works with the team improving his strength & game because he is young for 2020 or maybe the staff thinks he'll be ready to go

Reaction Score
I'm not convinced cardwell isn't showing up this weekend until a real announcement or he isnt there on Friday.

Cardwell plays like a kid who grew up young. He was physically dominant as a kid. We need that, but there shouldn't be a question that Javonte Brown Ferguson currently lookks like the better long term prospect, even if cardwell is better now. Javonte Brown Ferguson is longer, taller and more skilled, just 15 months younger. Whoever, or if neither, comes to uconn, i think that's true. The offers speak for themselves

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think we are in good shape with Javonte Brown Ferguson and perhaps Hurley prefers him. I wouldn't be shocked if he decides he's not going to wait out being KU's back up option, especially now that we will really be telling him how much we want him. He's ideal as a very young guy behind Carlton.

I got the sense we are not. Some big names in this recruiting battle. And a couple of them are big $ schools (Zona/UCLA). That's not a good sign. Longer it goes, the more it favors the Kansases* of the world.

My concern is, with Cardwell out, there are no more options. Similar to what happened with Kofi.

*because Hans complained

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm not convinced cardwell isn't showing up this weekend until a real announcement or he isnt there on Friday.

Cardwell plays like a kid who grew up young. He was physically dominant as a kid. We need that, but there shouldn't be a question that Javonte Brown Ferguson currently lookks like the better long term prospect, even if cardwell is better now. Javonte Brown Ferguson is longer, taller and more skilled, just 15 months younger.

Just don't rely on anyone to let you know if he's there or not! lol

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You might be right even if he redshirts a year, works with the team improving his strength & game because he is young for 2020 or maybe the staff thinks he'll be ready to go

If he comes, there's a zero chance he red shirts. Plug and play as a back up, with upside later on.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Jevonte Brown Ferguson is young with so much upside; he just may be the guy. He's scheduled his OV for this weekend,, he's coming, I'm hoping for a commitment. Staff may have firmly scheduled Ferguson for this weekend knowing that Cardwell was iffy.

I hope to god they bust out top notch hostesses for Javonte Brown Ferguson.

Reaction Score
let's hope we get one of them within the next week and a half. I'm not seeing anything from the posters that were giving smile faces for Cardwell earlier - what is their latest?

Also Chief - do you still think we sign another player by 10/15 ????

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Longer it goes, the more it favors the Kansas's of the world.
"Kansas's"?

Am I being "troll'd"?

And that's not even getting into whether it makes sense to pluralize something as unique as the proper name of a single-instance university.

"Loyolas?" I suppose.

But there really aren't "Dukes" or "Kansases," though there are, say, "bluebloods like..." or "programs like..." or "suspected cheaters like..."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"Kansas's"?

Am I being "troll'd"?

And that's not even getting into whether it makes sense to pluralize something as unique as a the proper name of a single-instance university. "Loyolas?" I suppose. But there really aren't "Dukes" or "Kansases," though there are, say, "bluebloods like..." or "programs like..." or "suspected cheaters like..."
In my book it's completely kosher to pluralize the Proper Nouns of the world, but in no case should an apostrophe be used!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
"Kansas's"?

Am I being "troll'd"?

And that's not even getting into whether it makes sense to pluralize something as unique as the proper name of a single-instance university.

"Loyolas?" I suppose.

But there really aren't "Dukes" or "Kansases," though there are, say, "bluebloods like..." or "programs like..." or "suspected cheaters like..."

I wanted to say Kansas plural to align with the common idiom. So I had a choice. Kansas's or Kansases. I went with the first for no particular reason. It's not grammatically correct by design.

The 'Dukes of the world' is a normal, commonly used phrase, grammatically correct or not.

Reaction Score
I wanted to say Kansas plural to align with the common idiom. So I had a choice. Kansas's or Kansases. I went with the first for no particular reason. It's not grammatically correct by design.

The 'Dukes of the world' is a normal, commonly used phrase, grammatically correct or not.
You actually had a choice among an infinity of character strings. All but one of them are incorrect in this context. You just happened to choose one of the incorrect ones. At least you were close!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Only on the BY can we go from itching for a big to a grammatical class on the use of the apostrophe.

The BY is truly special.

The fact that we are even talking about this is mind boggling.

Any more opinions on the Javonte Brown Ferguson situation?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The fact that we are even talking about this is mind boggling.

Any more opinions on the Javonte Brown Ferguson situation?

I have no info at all. None. My spider-sense reads this way.
Cardwell was coming.
Cardwell moved his OV
UConn 4 deep for Javonte Brown Ferguson on 10/3
Javonte Brown Ferguson OV to KU on 10/4 told he was second stringer
Javonte Brown Ferguson moved his OV up to FirstNight
Cardwell now staying in the south
Javonte Brown Ferguson is from Canada, we one had another Brown from Canada and our name is phonetically Yukon
Carlton is massively improved and a young skinny guy with more athleticism may notice that

Ergo....I have no idea but hope he surprise commits.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Not the stuff of a flame war so I appreciate your tone, but the apostrophes (punctuation & spelling, not grammar btw) are 'a thing' for me.

As to the "common idiom," I personally don't relate to referencing the Duane Allmans, BB Kings, and Frank Zappas of the world, because I see them as one-of-a-kinds, though all fit within the "guitar heroes" grouping. But it's not a hardo thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom