Drummond - Signs for League Minimum | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Drummond - Signs for League Minimum

Reaction Score
welcome andre! shame ben‘s on his way out, he would’ve been a great facilitator to get him open dunks.

Reaction Score
Well since Embd is living rent free in his head, I guess taking the league minimum makes sense

Reaction Score
Andre needs to stop the off court BS entertainment and sponsor stuff and focus seriously on his game. He is a great kid and yes 9 years into The League he is still a kid because you don’t get that maturity development back that he could have had with a college Sophmore and Junior season. True, he made his money and took care of his family and bless him for being a great son. But, just like Bouknight, he could have made just as much and probably more doing it a more mature way. It just would have been structured differently. He wouldn’t be making The League minimum today. Detroit had a pretty good S&C dude and Rashaad Wallace really did help him on his post up game and rebounding. But once he left that guidance, things fell apart.
Hoping this is what he needs to get back on track. I would love if he proved the critics wrong. My friend, Chief has put the challenge out, let’s knock it out of the park. Always, Chief

Reaction Score
Bynum's knees were shot
It was interesting to watch Mitch with Bouknight. I couldn’t help but think back to the days when Jim thought Mitch recruited Bynum out of the McDonald’s game on the Downlow. Having said that, I do like Mitch now - fifteen years later.

Reaction Score
Well since Embd is living rent free in his head, I guess taking the league minimum makes sense
take it! joel is made of glass, drummond is getting a lot more playing time. last is checked all star center

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Drummond & Simmons to close out games would be comedy gold. Rebound opportunities galore at least.
Joking aside, this is a bad look for him. He’s had every opportunity to show his worth & develop different aspects of his game. He is a generational rebounder - who plays below average defense, doesn’t always seem dialed in & has virtually no shotmaking ability outside of 5 feet. Hopefully he has a great year & can salvage his standing in the league. Pulling for him.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
You don't pay 37% on the first half A million and who knows how many pay it on the rest. I have no financial concern for them

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Andre needs to stop the off court BS entertainment and sponsor stuff and focus seriously on his game. He is a great kid and yes 9 years into The League he is still a kid because you don’t get that maturity development back that he could have had with a college Sophmore and Junior season. True, he made his money and took care of his family and bless him for being a great son. But, just like Bouknight, he could have made just as much and probably more doing it a more mature way. It just would have been structured differently. He wouldn’t be making The League minimum today. Detroit had a pretty good S&C dude and Rashaad Wallace really did help him on his post up game and rebounding. But once he left that guidance, things fell apart.
Hoping this is what he needs to get back on track. I would love if he proved the critics wrong. My friend, Chief has put the challenge out, let’s knock it out of the park. Always, Chief

I’ll pass on your words on inspiration, as I’m actually hanging out with him right now!

A friend took a vid:

1457975259-armwrestle.gif

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
You don't pay 37% on the first half A million and who knows how many pay it on the rest. I have no financial concern for them
You realize that means he doesn't pay 37% on less than 3.5% of his salary. It's actually a trivial part. 96.5% is taxed at the full amount.

I agree he should have no financial concern - hopefully anyone earning over 135 million in 9 years doesn't.

Also add in he's had to made a substantial amount of money on endorsements.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
If he's not making money on Embid's tenancy doesn't that argue in favor of Drummond looking for a bigger paycheck?

Beat me to it. Maybe he thinks Dre is just super generous?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The one thing AD had going for him was that he was a child in a mans body. Physically he has an NBA body but he never had the skill set needed to be dominant on the offensive end. The days of being a defensive only standout or a rebounding dominant player is long gone. His inability to take over games at UConn should have given folks a preview of what he had to offer. He would shine for stretches and then fade away. He was never the franchise player that many saw him to be. He’s a great young man and I wish him the best

Reaction Score
The one thing AD had going for him was that he was a child in a mans body. Physically he has an NBA body but he never had the skill set needed to be dominant on the offensive end. The days of being a defensive only standout or a rebounding dominant player is long gone. His inability to take over games at UConn should have given folks a preview of what he had to offer. He would shine for stretches and then fade away. He was never the franchise player that many saw him to be. He’s a great young man and I wish him the best
He is a great guy and friend, Chief is always the optimist. The first time I met Andre, he was in 9th grade. He was tall and physically awkward. My daughter, then in grammar school won the 3 spot and foul shooting contests. Andre’s AAU coach JR asked if she would give back one of the contest wins, so he could spread around the prizes. We were going to do that anyways and then he joked that maybe she could help Andre on his foul shots. Unfortunately, that did not happen but we did become friends and got to know his mom who did a great job bringing up her kids despite working hard in her job. I still think he can help a team if he eliminates all the off court distractions and focus on basketball. It’s not that he’s doing bad stuff off the court, it’s just a basketball distraction. I don’t know, if he loves the game enough to do that? Maybe after the minimum contract, he will learn that he does? I thought the Celtics would have been a good spot with a healthy Brown and Tatum.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Beat me to it. Maybe he thinks Dre is just super generous?

I guess it could be that Drummond is not a fiscally savvy lessor so he’s also unlikely to be shrewd in negotiating the terms of his employment.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I thought the Knicks would have been a better choice or even the Celtics. He will play only because Embid is always hurt, but who ever is giving him advice is making a mistake. What do I know I am just a fan who remembers him dribbling the ball around the neighborhood as a 6 foot kid who loved to dribble between his legs

Reaction Score
I thought the Knicks would have been a better choice or even the Celtics. He will play only because Embid is always hurt, but who ever is giving him advice is making a mistake. What do I know I am just a fan who remembers him dribbling the ball around the neighborhood as a 6 foot kid who loved to dribble between his legs
So true. One thing you learn on this forum is who cares about the players as people vs.those attracted to fame and quick fortunes. Chief always viewed @uconnbill in the caring about the person category. So many people took the shortsighted view that AD shouldn’t come back with UConn on probation. Chief thinks if he came back, Calhoun would have stayed and if Jim stayed healthy, he would have learned so much except maybe about dribbling between his legs (LOL). Long view is being tournament eligible wasn’t as important as the HOF coaching and development.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Salary cap is tight for all teams. Pretty smart move to go to a winning team for a 1 year deal and then take a look at the market next year when a large majority of teams will have significant cap space. Don't understand the hate on AD in the BY.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
They need to narrow the lane to bring good post basketball back

Too much bs has been done to help the vertically challenged and taken the game away from what it was supposed to be

Reaction Score
Drummond has made a lot of money so no need to feel bad for him. He will also be on a good team, the Sixers. But his days as a key part of an nba team are over and Embid has completed his career long dominance of Drummond. I expect Drummond to have a few more one year deals in the upcoming years, and probably won't get enough minutes to set rebounding records he otherwise would be capable of. He is simply not valued in the nba anymore. The game has certainly changed. You have to be versatile and/or be able to shoot the ball.
Yeah, in today's game bigs shoot and most even shoot 3's-new Euro type4 NBA game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom