Drummond - Signs for League Minimum | The Boneyard

Drummond - Signs for League Minimum

Reaction Score
Drummond has made a lot of money so no need to feel bad for him. He will also be on a good team, the Sixers. But his days as a key part of an nba team are over and Embid has completed his career long dominance of Drummond. I expect Drummond to have a few more one year deals in the upcoming years, and probably won't get enough minutes to set rebounding records he otherwise would be capable of. He is simply not valued in the nba anymore. The game has certainly changed. You have to be versatile and/or be able to shoot the ball.

Reaction Score
I think he may surprise you in the future. But that's up to him. The problem for him is not so much that the game has changed, but that he is woefully out of shape. Covid has been bad for him.

He needs to get lighter, and get moving again. He is still very young though.

Reaction Score
Embiid and Drummond have quite the (one-sided)history, would love to be a fly in the lockerroom for their first meeting as teammates

Reaction Score
I think he may surprise you in the future. But that's up to him. The problem for him is not so much that the game has changed, but that he is woefully out of shape. Covid has been bad for him.

He needs to get lighter, and get moving again. He is still very young though.
Yeah, he did look very heavy with the Lakers...that was after the Cavs had him sitting for a couple months. Have to be professional and ready though.

Reaction Score
Whats the league minimum by the way?
As a veteran, I have to guess its still a very nice chunk of change.

Reaction Score
Whats the league minimum by the way?
As a veteran, I have to guess its still a very nice chunk of change.
I think Drummond is looking at between $750-800k.

Reaction Score
was actually just looking for updates on this yesterday after hearing Howard was resigning with the Lakers. Only saw older articles discussing how his next contract was expected to be something similar to players like Steven Adams and a 2yr/~$35m....yikes

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
What is the NBA Veteran Minimum Salary? The NBA veteran minimum salary changes year after year but generally it is in the range of $2-2.5 million – depending on the number of years played Some veterans get more than $2 million, but their status in the teams is different too.

Reaction Score
You can still be a big who doesn't shoot and collect a pretty big payday, but would also have to be good/great defensively + protect the rim, and also be a great rim runner on offense, Drummond just isn't that guy. Look at the deals Bam Adebayo(he's also a very good passer for his position) and Jarrett Allen got, the path to 9 figure deals as as an NBA center who doesn't shoot 3s is still there.

Reaction Score
If money was important, he'd go sign with a top European club rather than take that deal. I guess $130 million is enough to live on (well, half of that after taxes....).

Reaction Score
If money was important, he'd go sign with a top European club rather than take that deal. I guess $130 million is enough to live on (well, half of that after taxes....).
Crying all the way to the bank.

37 percent

In 2021, the income limits for all tax brackets and all filers will be adjusted for inflation and will be as follows (Tables 1). The top marginal income tax rate of 37 percent will hit taxpayers with taxable income of $523,600 and higher for single filers and $628,300 and higher for married couples filing jointly.

1628015930818.png

Reaction Score
Drummond has made a lot of money so no need to feel bad for him. He will also be on a good team, the Sixers. But his days as a key part of an nba team are over and Embid has completed his career long dominance of Drummond. I expect Drummond to have a few more one year deals in the upcoming years, and probably won't get enough minutes to set rebounding records he otherwise would be capable of. He is simply not valued in the nba anymore. The game has certainly changed. You have to be versatile and/or be able to shoot the ball.
He hasn’t made himself valuable in today’s nba. I think that’s an important distinction. He hasn’t improved his basketball IQ and the requisite skills to increase his value.

Reaction Score
Crying all the way to the bank.

37 percent

In 2021, the income limits for all tax brackets and all filers will be adjusted for inflation and will be as follows (Tables 1). The top marginal income tax rate of 37 percent will hit taxpayers with taxable income of $523,600 and higher for single filers and $628,300 and higher for married couples filing jointly.

View attachment 68899
So no state income tax, local taxes and sales tax? Once for fun, I calculated how much I actually pay in taxes in CT all told when all forms of taxes are considered and it was close to 50%.....

Reaction Score
You can still be a big who doesn't shoot and collect a pretty big payday, but would also have to be good/great defensively + protect the rim, and also be a great rim runner on offense, Drummond just isn't that guy. Look at the deals Bam Adebayo(he's also a very good passer for his position) and Jarrett Allen got, the path to 9 figure deals as as an NBA center who doesn't shoot 3s is still there.
Yeah, I was saying you either have to be able to shoot or have some versatility. Drummond is best when he is active and bouncy and that isn't possible when he's so heavy as Upstater mentioned. But he also doesn't have a good bball iq on offense or defense which NBA teams seem to be very aware of.

Reaction Score
So no state income tax, local taxes and sales tax? Once for fun, I calculated how much I actually pay in taxes in CT all told when all forms of taxes are considered and it was close to 50%.....
If self-employed, something like 15 per cent withholding, 5% CT state income tax, and if in the 32% bracket, well the needles moves close to 50%. And, over 50% for higher brackets.

Still, the good news is that there is a lot more after-tax income than being in lower brackets. And, more available to contribute to retirement plans. And more available for recreational spending and vehicles.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Embiid and Drummond have quite the (one-sided)history, would love to be a fly in the lockerroom for their first meeting as teammates

They can pick up where they left off:

Reaction Score
They can pick up where they left off:

His next quote will be: "We're all good. You say stuff when you are competing. Now we're on the same team and he's the starter and I'm support. It's up to the coaching staff, but I think Joel should only play every third, or even fourth, game so he can rest for the playoffs. And in the playoffs he should only play every other game. I'm here to pick up the slack when he's out."

Reaction Score
Pretty surprised by this. Obviously, there was no way Drummond was getting another huge deal but really thought he could get a bigger role for more money elsewhere. His time with the Lakers playing for the minimum definitely did not help.

That said, he will compete for a championship next year and will play on National TV a bunch. And Back-up Center for the 76ers is a pretty important position, considering there is literally no chance Embiid plays a full season's worth of games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom