Don't Panic | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Don't Panic

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Not panicking is great advise. That said, there are plenty of people going by reports and social media who are not taking this seriously, or who think because they are less likely to die from the virus that they can't transmit it to others.

I would ask anyone who hasn't already to read this relatively short but important piece:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Italy reported 368 deaths just in the past 24 hours. Total # of cases in Italy up to 24,747 and total # of deaths up to 1,809.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
What Irritates me is the Media and other experts are saying there will be 1 Million Plus Deaths. So far there have been 60 Deaths, many of them in One Nursing home in State of Washington. If USA is to have over one million deaths, that means an average of approx 30,000 deaths per day for 30 Days. The Media and Experts are causing the Panic, in the interest of Filling Hours on Cable and Getting Clicks. Do I expect more to come down with the Virus, yes because of Testing Kits. However, will the USA see One Million Deaths, I don't think so. China and Italy aren't experiencing the Death Rates that is required to get to 1 Million Deaths. Should people be CONCERNED YES, Should they be SMART, YES, Now if only the Media would stop casuing the PANIC>

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
What Irritates me is the Media and other experts are saying there will be 1 Million Plus Deaths.

I haven't seen that reported though I'm not doubting you have. I have seen worst-case scenarios with upwards of 170 million Americans infected over the next year. Problem with this is it spreads exponentially. And if it isn't slowed dramatically early--and between the government, the CDC, and current behavior by citizens, we're way behind--the potential is there for mass infection. That is why people in Italy are sending out missives begging those elsewhere to take the proper steps to stop the spread NOW.

Reaction Score
If you’re in the high risk population, take appropriate, reasonable precautions. Panicking and buying tons of toilet paper isn’t going to help you at all.

below is a link to precautions high risk individuals should take, from the CDC. Yes, it does say stock up on supplies but some people go way overboard.

Over the last couple if weeks I've slowly accumulated a stockpile of things that can make meals: rice, pasta and sauce, canned diced tomatoes and tomato sauce, canned and dried beans, canned tuna, salmon and chicken, peanut and almond butter, dried milk and boxed almond milk, cereal, jam and some other stuff. I don't have a standalone freezer but my freezer drawer is full - hamburger and chicken, supermarket frozen veggies, peppers (green, red, pablano, jalapeno), Hubbard squash, and onions I cut diced, Ben and Jerry's, bread. With what I have on hand I could make it for maybe 3 weeks, plus some more if the diet gets rice, beans and PBJ heavy

The problem is who knows how long it will be needed. I have always done my shopping the old fashion way but starting now I'm going to use my store on-line shopping service and pick it up at the store curb. If need be I can pay the extra to have it delivered to the house.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I didn't panic when they restricted restaurants to drive through or take out...... I didn't panic when the gyms were closed...or when the grocery stores cut back on their hours....... but yesterday.... our Governor ordered all hair salons, nail shops, and barber shops to close by tomorrow at 5pm.

whaaaaat.gif

If this lasts over a month..... Imma be out here looking like 1972 Sly Stone... hammercy :confused:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I don't have to worry about Tyler Phommachanh, my son works in a warehouse and they had a few boxes of a discontinued Tyler Phommachanh product. He brought one home, it's 80 rolls of 3 ply Tyler Phommachanh, so we don't any worries when it comes to that. Now if I could only get some soft spreadable margarine and some descent steaks.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm doing my best to remain calm and find some joy and humor amid all the gloom and upheaval.

But if I were a citizen of the Cornhusker State, I'm not sure how reassured I would be if my governor were named "Ricketts."

Hopefully, he is staying in close contact with lieutenant governor Scurvy and state secretary Beriberi.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom