Donovan Clingan | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I think that happened because of Adama's third foul but the team didn't seem to miss a beat when AS was out.
That’s correct. Picked up his 3rd ten seconds into half.

But it’s just awesome knowing there is very minimal drop off in center play when Sanogo has to sit for extended minutes. Been a looooong time since we were this good and deep at the 5 (more than a decade?).

Reaction Score
That’s correct. Picked up his 3rd ten seconds into half.

But it’s just awesome knowing there is very minimal drop off in center play when Sanogo has to sit for extended minutes. Been a looooong time since we were this good and deep at the 5 (more than a decade?).

Close, since Meka, Boone and Hilton.

Reaction Score
Currently averaging more blocks per game than any freshman in the country.

Also less minutes per game than anyone above him. Everyone else is 22mpg or more except for our old friend Dylan Cardwell. Donovan is at 16mpg.

Wild that a kid went from the CIAC to this level of production in just 4 or 5 months of practicing with the team. He has really put in the work to keep improving. I think Tom is coaching the bigs right now? He deserves a lot of credit to help Donovan prepare himself.

Reaction Score
DC is proving a lot of posters wrong.

It's early and there's still lots of tough opponents to play, but what's not to like about DC six games into his freshman year?

OK, FT's, defending quick guards who drive on him and the 3 point attempt last night, but what else?

He's proven he's not someone we need to hide and play limited minutes. Loved his comment about playing a big guy every day in practice and how well he handled himself against a lineup of legitimate big men last night.

He's a worker, shows real maturity, has ability and agility, has great hands, knows when to move to the basket when a guard is driving into the lane, is ready for the passes he's receiving and seems to have dunked every opportunity, gets good position for rebounds and passes like a veteran. He needs to improve his FT shooting, his non-dunk post moves, and better defend guards driving around him, but how much can we expect from an 18 year old freshmen?

Reaction Score

It's early and there's still lots of tough opponents to play, but what's not to like about DC six games into his freshman year?

OK, FT's, defending quick guards who drive on him and the 3 point attempt last night, but what else?

He's proven he's not someone we need to hide and play limited minutes. Loved his comment about playing a big guy every day in practice and how well he handled himself against a lineup of legitimate big men last night.

He's a worker, shows real maturity, has ability and agility, has great hands, knows when to move to the basket when a guard is driving into the lane, is ready for the passes he's receiving and seems to have dunked every opportunity, gets good position for rebounds and passes like a veteran. He needs to improve his FT shooting, his non-dunk post moves, and better defend guards driving around him, but how much can we expect from an 18 year old freshmen?

Hurley has talked about what he needs to improve: pick and roll defense. He gets caught in no man's land on occasion. I think improving his hands and a jump hook/up and under woth each hand would help too, though I'm not generally a fan of old school post play.

He's adjusting faster than most. I expected him to need more transition time passing the rock and developing his shotblocking to avoid fouls. He learned fast.

Reaction Score
When we recruited Javonte Brown i use to watch his games on u-tube… he didn’t look good at all….I thought the team played better when he was on the bench…then I watched DC… he was by far the best player in every game I watched… im glad Brown transferred out…not sure if DC would have came to Uconn if Brown was here

Reaction Score

There was nothing wrong with his 3pt attempt last night...

Reaction Score
Currently averaging more blocks per game than any freshman in the country.

Also less minutes per game than anyone above him. Everyone else is 22mpg or more except for our old friend Dylan Cardwell. Donovan is at 16mpg.

Wild that a kid went from the CIAC to this level of production in just 4 or 5 months of practicing with the team. He has really put in the work to keep improving. I think Tom is coaching the bigs right now? He deserves a lot of credit to help Donovan prepare himself.
Yeah block rate is the stat that bridges the gap with minutes. DC is 2nd in the country. Only Sharp above him, the 7'5" guy from Western Kentucky.

Reaction Score
I mean it hit the backboard first and was a foot to the left. But the form looked good and he was open.

Nothing wrong with the attempt (in the flow of the offense), execution left a little to be desired, I guess... Lol

Reaction Score
Those Ducks had some length. DC played well against them. Great game for his psyche moving forward, he knows now that he can hang with the big boys. I loved the second half, DC seemed to stay in the game for a prolonged period of time even with Sanogo’s three fouls where Hurley saw no need to rush Sanogo back in. Respectfully, team was running on all cylinders with DC in there.

1669421134596.gif

Reaction Score
There was nothing wrong with his 3pt attempt last night...
Yes, anyone who has been to a game in-person this year and witnessed Donovan shooting 3s in warmups would have no issue with him taking a 3 during a game. He has a really nice looking shot and hits 50%+ of them in the sample size of about 50 shots that I’ve seen.

It definitely will be a real part of his game as he progresses (not just a garbage-time thing)

Reaction Score
Until late in last night’s game the team performed better with Donovan on the court. I am enjoying this year but cannot stop thinking of whats coming next year to work with him.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
How close was Donovan going to Michigan?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How close was Donovan going to Michigan?
I have no standing to say this but if I did I would say words that begin with an S, U and D.

Reaction Score
Donovan looked great so far. He should definitely take more 3s if they leave him open. He has a nice looking stroke, and he should keep taking them to give UConn another shooter from the outside.

Watching Edey dominating Zags last night was a treat. I think Donovan has a chance to be like Edey. Edey only played basketball for 6 years, and he is already very good. Donovan can be that for UConn. Like people said, you can't teach 7'2" tall.

Reaction Score
Who do we have coming in that can battle with DC in practice after AS leaves?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom