Donovan Clingan thread - already off topic and not worth reading unless you are CL82, his fans, or are at work or too drunk to do anything else | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan thread - already off topic and not worth reading unless you are CL82, his fans, or are at work or too drunk to do anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yeah I’d lock or delete this thread and start a new one if he commits.

Lol. There's been like six threads on Clingan's recruiting which have already been locked or deleted.

I'm disappointed if any thread with Clingan in the title goes more than 3 days.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Imagine being a child and having threads like this about you? Gotta suck.

Aren't like 90% of the replies in these threads people pumped up to land him?

It's a two way street - you put out top 8s and tease every official visit with it's own tweet, college basketball lunatics (i.e. this board) are going to follow it.

Reaction Score
Imagine being a child and having threads like this about you? Gotta suck.
I agree, feel bad for my post to be honest. I was in high school not too long ago and I can't imagine having the media and crazed fans constantly speculating about my life.

Just let the excitement of his potential commitment (and a few post-work cold ones) get the best of me. My bad.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Expecting the Boneyard to not talk about a recruit, especially when there's crystal balls from some of the bigger experts is borderline irrational. Should we also stop any post-game threads until the next morning to give the beat reporters their moment in the local papers?

Fully get Bill and Donovan being upset and wanting their moment though, nothing wrong with that, but getting info is why Bossi and Slater are paid.
You reflect clear understanding of and even a sense of care for the motivations and concerns of a prized recruit's family and the professionals who speculate and report on the process. With such awareness, a person has more than enough room to incorporate a broad sensitivity, even in the face of positive excitement.

And no, that's not how I root during games.

PS - Who here has any expectation so squarely in line with your first sentence? That would be well beyond borderline irrational.

Reaction Score
This is so nutty. Two wildly diverse takes, from reliable sources, on DC's decision. How can one or both turn out so wrong?

Just loopy wierd.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
What are you concerned about? I don't get all this. Did someone on here get a scoop that he's committing to UConn? And if they did they're supposed to sit on it? Don't we speculate on every recruit? I'm kind of confused here. Did someone do something wrong? Maybe I just didn't read every post.
Mostly, you're overstating it, and it's tough to outdo an argument framed that way.

I think this recruitment has shown itself to be different in a number of ways, and I don't object to letting the scheduled calendar dates exert a moderating influence.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It’s not borderline. It is irrational. And dumb.
Except that "it" ("expecting the Boneyard not to talk about a recruit...") is not happening,which completely deflates an otherwise winning argument.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I agree, feel bad for my post to be honest. I was in high school not too long ago and I can't imagine having the media and crazed fans constantly speculating about my life.

Just let the excitement of his potential commitment (and a few post-work cold ones) get the best of me. My bad.
It’s not just you, and it’s easy to get swept up in for any of us.

Let’s talk about the kids game. Sure, let’s speculate a little bit about where we think he might go. Let’s also understand that the person we’re talking about is literally a child.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nah, more like I know where we want to be ... and enough to start my post with the word "perhaps."
It is, after all, a choice
I actually don’t think you do. Awareness of others is kind of a blind spot for you.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I actually don’t think you do. Awareness of others is kind of a blind spot for you.
On the subject of blind spots, there was a place and a time for that. The place got shut down, and this isn't the time.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don’t know why you all do this to yourselves.

Last week, the board had him as a lock to Michigan. Now, he’s committing here this week.

I am guessing neither are true.

There’s no reason for these kids to rush. Your brains are going to explode if you keep this up.

Reaction Score
Crystal Balls, Recruiting Sites & Message Boards are based on speculation, hearsay, lies, half truths, reliable sources, unreliable sources and they exist as fodder to feed active fanbases. UConn BB has an active & loyal fanbase....this is a good thing.

I like to think I would be flattered with all the attention if it was me or my kid. It's also pretty easy to ignore the attention if you choose by avoiding a few websites.

As far as who knows what....I always assume nobody really knows until just before we all know directly from the young man himself.

UConn definitely wants DC so hopefully DC wants UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Some of you seriously need to give this man a call.

0EEDBE06-5149-472C-955D-4C3640CCDCFC.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32