Donovan Clingan thread - already off topic and not worth reading unless you are CL82, his fans, or are at work or too drunk to do anything else | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan thread - already off topic and not worth reading unless you are CL82, his fans, or are at work or too drunk to do anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What are you concerned about? I don't get all this. Did someone on here get a scoop that he's committing to UConn? And if they did they're supposed to sit on it? Don't we speculate on every recruit? I'm kind of confused here. Did someone do something wrong? Maybe I just didn't read every post.
Agreed. Not following. Why don’t we just get rid of recruiting sites and crystal balls and write ups about visits also. Just let the process play out and let the kids have their moments

Reaction Score
Regardless of the actual status, his dad is giving the only right answer for a dad to give at this point. Either it’s true or he’s doing his best to let his son not have his process ruined by the media.
It seems like he's had a pretty old school recruitment and I don't blame anyone for that. Being a top 100 recruit nowadays is so much different than it was just 10 years ago. If I had a kid I'd do the same thing for him, and if I was recruited at this sort of level I wouldn't want the circus surrounding it either. It's understandable when people get upset that strangers are giving their two cents about their kid. Because at the end of the day, they are kids.

That being said, this has been pretty tame by boneyard standards. Can you imagine if it was anything like the Hamidou Diallo recruitment?

Reaction Score
What are you concerned about? I don't get all this. Did someone on here get a scoop that he's committing to UConn? And if they did they're supposed to sit on it? Don't we speculate on every recruit? I'm kind of confused here. Did someone do something wrong? Maybe I just didn't read every post.
I'm not concerned about anything. His dad is clearly protective of his son and has made it clear he's not a fan of people saying his kid needs to go to prep school and it's a given he's going to his state school. After he once again made it clear I find it foolish people are still going down this road. Don't think it's too much to ask to let the kid and his family have their moment.

Reaction Score
I'm not concerned about anything. His dad is clearly protective of his son and has made it clear he's not a fan of people saying his kid needs to go to prep school and it's a given he's going to his state school. After he once again made it clear I find it foolish people are still going down this road. Don't think it's too much to ask to let the kid and his family have their moment.

What does "let the kid and his family have their moment" actually mean to you? No one is allowed to talk about him until he's announced?

Reaction Score
So his pops is mad at the crystal balls or the recruiting chatter on boards like this?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So long it was no one on UConn staff or anyone conn credit to staff feeding info, I don't have a problem with posters discussing what is published on recruiting sites.
If a family is going to be upset by this, talk to no one, take down your social media accounts and make an announcement before telling anyone.

Reaction Score
Or he’s just an overprotective father who got offended that people broke his kids choice before he got to himself. As long as Donovan does what he feels is best that’s all that matters.
100% Agree. I miss the days when kids announced their commitment without everyone already knowing 99% where they're headed. If this is the case then good for both of them. Just saying what I've heard.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Perhaps we as a fan base could balance whatever optimism we feel with polite regard for the recruit and his family, and the measured way in which they've approached and managed the process.
It's like you don't know us at all anymore.

Reaction Score
@BattersonBoyz you may want to delete. His father is known to visit the boneyard. If that’s a non accurate take, I’d assume it could ruffle some feathers ahead of a hopefully great weekend
Fair enough, deleted. Didn't realize many people outside our group of lunatics actually visit this place. Don't want to do anything that would hurt our chances.

Reaction Score
You'd have to be incredibly naive to think that your recruitment will not leak to the media one way or another. There are so many people involved in the process and coaches obviously feed info because its mutually beneficial for both the basketball program and the national media guys to have a good relationship.

Would it really surprise anyone if he came to UConn? Not at all. We've been the front runner for over a year, it's not like this is a huge shock prediction

Reaction Score
I feel like ppl are really reading into this too deeply.

Donovan has visited 4 schools, and didn’t commit…and also had a OV coming in 2 days…

Do we really think he’s going to commit, or even say a single word about it prior to the OV?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
what a mess this place this is. anyone who wouldn't be thrilled to see DC play out his college career here is an idiot. someone remind me, what's the controversy?

on edit: i didn't mean to quote Ajs. mine was a general comment. i don't understand why threads like this spiral ooc.

Last edited:

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Expecting the Boneyard to not talk about a recruit, especially when there's crystal balls from some of the bigger experts is borderline irrational. Should we also stop any post-game threads until the next morning to give the beat reporters their moment in the local papers?

Fully get Bill and Donovan being upset and wanting their moment though, nothing wrong with that, but getting info is why Bossi and Slater are paid.
It’s not borderline. It is irrational. And dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom