Does CUSA survive? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Does CUSA survive?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How did UMass pitch itself to C-USA?

I Need It Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
“It was just a little bit ironic, I think, for everybody to be in the room together on a Sunday and a Monday, and on Monday night it’s learned that six are leaving. It was just tough timing,” Stewart said. “Really what it does is it just causes everybody to kind of wonder who they can trust. That’s not just in Conference USA – I think that’s throughout the industry right now. I think there’s real trust issues among a lot of people.”

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Some insight into the FIU mess. That people that we sign up to be with teams like this to park football really have no idea about where we want to go.

Reaction Score
It's about time to see someone else have to get the same dumb articles written about them.

Reaction Score
Anyone who thinks CUSA is a good idea needs to look at last night’s broadcast. Because that is the quality of production you can expect.

Many of their games are on CBS sports network just like our games. True yesterday's ESPN 3 production sucked but there we were and doubt it will be the last time so what's the difference? Even with the lousy production yesterday's game was far more enjoyable than the Michigan game which says it all.

Sure turn your nose at joining a conference but most of the fanbase is fired up about playing Ball State next week (as they should be), it would be even more fun if next week were a conference game and we were currently in the mix for a division championship.

Joining a G5 conference (yes even CUSA, Liberty, UTEP, WKU and Mid Tenn all have big wins this year) would be an upgrade from our current position especially when the new playoff format takes effect.

Last edited:

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Many of their games are on CBS sports network just like our games. True yesterday's production sucked but there we were and doubt it will be the last time so what's the difference?

Sure turn your nose at joining a conference but most of the fanbase is fired up about playing Ball State next week (as they should be), it would be even more fun if next week were a conference game and we were currently in the mix for a division championship.

Joining a G5 conference would be an upgrade from our current position.
Not even close. If we join a conference, we will never again get to play 2+ P5 teams at home in a season. Our schedule is of a higher caliber as an independent than if we were in the Sun Belt, C-USA, or the MAC.

LaTech fans don't want to be in C-USA, but we do? I don't think so.

Reaction Score
Not even close. If we join a conference, we will never again get to play 2+ P5 teams at home in a season. Our schedule is of a higher caliber as an independent than if we were in the Sun Belt, C-USA, or the MAC.

LaTech fans don't want to be in C-USA, but we do? I don't think so.

and yet the fanbase is far more fired up about playing Ball State than we were about Syracuse or Michigan which blows your whole thesis out of the water and I hate to break it to you but the BC game will likely be another thrashing. I'm looking forward to the UMASS home game which will likely be a dog fight in front of a good crowd.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
and yet the fanbase is far more fired up about playing Ball State than we were about Syracuse or Michigan which blows your whole thesis out of the water and I hate to break it to you but the BC game will likely be another thrashing. I'm looking forward to the UMASS home game.
C-USA is eight Ball States. The only games on our schedule currently that don't interest me are Ball State, FIU, CCSU, and Liberty. 4/12. If we play in C-USA, they will be 9/12 with 8 conference games and an FCS game.

Reaction Score
C-USA is eight Ball States. The only games on our schedule currently that don't interest me are Ball State, FIU, CCSU, and Liberty. 4/12. If we play in C-USA, they will be 9/12 with 8 conference games and an FCS game.

LOL, if you are not interested in the Ball State or Liberty games you are not a football fan. Go back to the basketball board you fraud.

I'm not a fan of the FCS games either, My ideal schedule would be 8 G5 conference games and 4 P5 games. Or 3 P5 games and one game against another G5 conference team.

Reaction Score
I'm interested in them only because we have bowl eligibility on the line. Liberty and Ball State as opponents do not interest me.

oh so you like the idea of having something to play for?.....BINGO debate over I win.

BTW the BC game really hurts our chances of becoming bowl eligible.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
oh so you like the idea of having something to play for?.....BINGO debate over I win.
Not even close. I have no interest in a C-USA title. It gets you a berth into the Alamo Bowl (maybe). Going to C-USA would be a downgrade in prestige and playing level. Ask Liberty fans if they like joining C-USA? Most of them do not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom