Do Your Family Members View the Boneyard? | The Boneyard

Do Your Family Members View the Boneyard?

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
This is my only social media and I don't spend as much time on here as my wife spends on facebook so as much as she would like to give me grief she can't.

Reaction Score
My wife has 3 issues with the BY. First, she wonders why people put non-related threads in the forums. Example, this has nothing to do with Basketball. Secondly, why every thread goes completely off topic. Finally, why do I spend so much time on here.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
My wife has 3 issues with the BY. First, she wonders why people put non-related threads in the forums. Example, this has nothing to do with Basketball. Secondly, why every thread goes completely off topic. Finally, why do I spend so much time on here.
Those are my 3 favorite things about the Boneyard.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Exactly! She is like “it’s not even basketball season what are you talking about?” And I’m like “uh temery might install a ductless AC in his laundry room, this is bigger than sports”

Reaction Score
My family members all view and most post. That's because the Boneyard IS my family.

Just kidding, my wife and kids do not view, but they don't have a big issue with me being a participant. It's a pretty benign place if you stay out of the cesspool. From observing me during games (especially during the last few years of KO's run), they'd probably be surprised that I generally stay away from hot takes and screaming online. They each access and/or interact through social media, message boards or blogs geared towards their hobbies so it's not a crazy concept to them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I get a lot of “if you weren’t on the boneyard all day you could have....”
Try responding by saying "Is this about sex? It's about sex, isn't it? Don't worry baby, I got you. Go put on something frilly and I'll be with you right after I read this Chief post"

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
My father is strictly a lurker. Comes for general info concerning scheduling, recruiting, tickets, etc. He enjoys the platform.

I am not on Twitter, FB, Insta, or Snap (they are seriously unhealthy and ridiculous IMO), so I come here for UConn hoops news, facts, and gossip.

Reaction Score
So, your wives look up from watching garbage like Real Housewives or the Bachelor to tell you that you spend too much time here? (insert whip cracking sound here)

But, to be fair to them, it doesn't sound like they listen.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
D75-DB5-CB-F877-4-F57-9-A72-0-C26267-E4891.jpg

Family member viewing the Boneyard back in 2004.

Note the briefly-used red theme.

Reaction Score
So, your wives look up from watching garbage like Real Housewives or the Bachelor to tell you that you spend too much time here? (insert whip cracking sound here)
Haha.

My wife and I have a pretty strong "I could care less what you're doing on your cell phone/laptop" policy. I find it pretty freakin' weird when couples surveil each others' tech.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
D75-DB5-CB-F877-4-F57-9-A72-0-C26267-E4891.jpg

Family member viewing the Boneyard back in 2004.

Note the briefly-used red theme.
Did she post as jAcKSoN by any chance?

Reaction Score
The BY is not a forum on Bridge or Chess where people are just trying to get practice tips and care nothing else except perfecting their game. Nor is it a doctor's Listserve where professionals collaborate to share clinical observations.

I am well aware of a CT Legal Listserve where plenty of questions are posted about best restaurants,vacation spots, etc. Nobody complains very much and females are well represented. Also, some responders quote poets to make a point about a legal issue and pontificate about their own life experiences. True,they may know each other personally,and socialize with each other, and are all Connecticut attorneys.

Life should be fun.

The twists and turns in the answers, coupled with the humor in many of the responses, makes reading it fun.

Then again, what is fun for one person, is not fun for another.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This is my only social media and I don't spend as much time on here as my wife spends on facebook so as much as she would like to give me grief she can't.

She can give you all the grief she wants over. She's just holding on to those bullets for later.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Haha.

My wife and I have a pretty strong "I could care less what you're doing on your cell phone/laptop" policy. I find it pretty freakin' weird when couples surveil each others' tech.

Earlier this week Mrs. Diesel was getting spun up over some comments over one of her FB posts. I guess she actually follows me on FB and stays informed as to what me and my friends say and do. Unless she tags me in one of her posts, I don't see what's going on. She seemed somewhere between perplexed and perturbed that I don't know all her FB stuff. She also has an IG account I don't follow.

As for the BY, yes, she throws the jabs about checking on it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom