2020 Recruiting: - Dimencio Vaughn | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Dimencio Vaughn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think Sanogo is most people’s #1 priority, just seems like a long shot cof pared to others With no sure thing at reclassifying and not the favorite but part of a group.

jeff Adrien type scorer in low block we’d all sign up for that! need a beefy skilled dude down low.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
As far as every source is concerned this guy was #1 in the staff's wish list as far as xfers were concerned
Whether it be playing time or not something caused them to swing and miss
No way UConn should be playing 2nd fiddle to Old Miss (unless you are a party animal and have a liking for gorgeous blonds with a drawl!)
Back to the drawing board - Vaughn would have looked good in Storrs
The staff will get 2 good players with those openings

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
As far as every source is concerned this guy was #1 in the staff's wish list as far as xfers were concerned
No way UConn should be playing 2nd fiddle to Old Miss (unless you are a party animal and have a liking for gorgeous blonds with a drawl!)

Based on your second exception I’d have picked ole miss.....

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Nolley

Reaction Score
Does anybody who is in the know believe the staff was expecting to land Vaughn? I know the consensus on here was that we’d get him, but I honestly can’t remember if there was any basis to that.

Reaction Score
Does anybody who is in the know believe the staff was expecting to land Vaughn? I know the consensus on here was that we’d get him, but I honestly can’t remember if there was any basis to that.
the most definitive thing i read here was something along the lines of "if the staff wants vaughn they will get him." so i'm choosing to believe they didn't really want him after all AND that the staff knew exactly what the deal is regarding the rule change

Last edited:
Reaction Score
someone also said "I'm a nobody who knows somebody who's connected to DV and he's coming here"

Reaction Score
Didn't realize DV was originally from Mississippi. Might be what attracted him to a school with little history of success. Only a little over two hours away from his old high school.

Following quote is from an interview with a local TV station in MS:

"Former Callaway (high school) standout Dimencio Vaughn is coming back to Mississippi.
The Rider graduate transfer announced his commitment to Ole Miss Sunday, picking the Rebels over UConn and Georgia. The 6-5, 220-pound guard averaged 14.8 PPG, and 6.6 RPG last season for Rider. He will be eligible to play immediately next season."

Reaction Score
Google Ole Miss and Oxford. If you're from Miss., throw in the weather in winter, the SEC connection, and this is a no brainer. What a nice town and campus. Credit Hurley that we were even in the conversation.
Exactly, if you're from Mississippi. There's never been a single person who is not from Mississippi who wants to live there and most who are from there want to get the hell out.

Reaction Score
Google Ole Miss and Oxford. If you're from Miss., throw in the weather in winter, the SEC connection, and this is a no brainer. What a nice town and campus. Credit Hurley that we were even in the conversation.
Understandable that he likes the idea of going home for his last season? Yes. A no brainer that he chose a school with very little hoops success over a rising-again blue blood? NO!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
A no brainer that he chose a school with very little hoops success over a rising-again blue blood? NO!

Most recruits don't make decisions the same way diehard UConn fans do. Shocking, I know.

Reaction Score
Exactly, if you're from Mississippi. There's never been a single person who is not from Mississippi who wants to live there and most who are from there want to get the hell out.

Maybe, just maybe, a kid who has seemingly spent his entire life in the Tri-State area, wanted to experience something different for his last year of college.

Reaction Score

Wow. What an offseason for Kermit Davis:

* Two big time grad transfers in White and Vaughn
* Jarkell Joiner is eligible after sitting a year, was a 15.6 ppg, and a 37% 3P shooter at CSU Bakersfield.
* A top-40 pure scorer prospect in Matthew Murrell.
* Three returning 28+ mpg players led by their senior point guard Devontae Shuler
* Nine returning 10+ mpg players, so there's a ton of depth

Reaction Score

Wow. What an offseason for Kermit Davis:

* Two big time grad transfers in White and Vaughn
* Jarkell Joiner is eligible after sitting a year, was a 15.6 ppg, and a 37% 3P shooter at CSU Bakersfield.
* A top-40 pure scorer prospect in Matthew Murrell.
* Three returning 28+ mpg players led by their senior point guard Devontae Shuler
* Nine returning 10+ mpg players, so there's a ton of depth

They showed up on a lot of lists are they the new Western Kentucky suddenly? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom