Debate me! Top 10 | The Boneyard

Debate me! Top 10

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Everybody has an opinion. It’s 1️⃣ of my favorite topics in sports. #NBA GOAT. This is my personal top 10 in order. Agree? Who would you substitute or change in ranking and why?

#1 Michael Jordan
Lebron James
Bill Russell
Wilt Chamberlain
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Kobe Bryant
Larry Bird
Magic Johnson
Tim Duncan
#10 Stephen Curry

*Who did I miss? Who’s knocking on the door?

Co- host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast

Joseph and I talk about this stuff all the time!

IMG_3839.jpeg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
To add, you must take away.

Big O for either Kobe or Steph.

Russell way too high amd Magic way too low.

Jordan
Kareem/Magic #2 or #3.
Bron
Wilt
Russell
Bird
Duncan
Oscar
Kobe, Steph or Olajuwon at #10.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
GOAT Tier

Russell
Kareem
Jordan
LeBron

All have arguments, and none is the wrong answer.

Next Tier

Larry
Magic
Wilt
Duncan
Shaq
Curry
Hakeem

Multiple titles, multipl mvp-caliber seasons or both, but not quite the same longevity or insane peak as the guys in the GOAT tier.

If any of Kawhi, Jokic, KD or Giannis win the title this year they’re probably in this tier.

All-Time Greats

Kobe
Oscar
Dr. J
West
KG
Dirk
Kawhi
Moses
Isaiah

Kawhi is probably the single hardest guy to rank because of his injury history. But if the clippers win it this year he’ll have been the undisputed best player on two title teams and will likely have three finals MVPs. He’d be, at that point, on the fringes for the top 10.

Fwiw Ben Taylor did a phenomenal job of breaking this all down a couple of times now:

Last edited:

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Bill Russell
Wilt Chamberlain
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
top 3 centers imo but the rest of your list leaves out older guards that established style like Bob Cousy & Pete Maravich

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
no Dr the list is not complete

Loved the Doctor and his influence.
30 years ago he is in the top 10.
Swap out that finals loss to the Trailblazers and his career has a better light.

Reaction Score
Everybody has an opinion. It’s 1️⃣ of my favorite topics in sports. #NBA GOAT. This is my personal top 10 in order. Agree? Who would you substitute or change in ranking and why?

#1 Michael Jordan
Lebron James
Bill Russell
Wilt Chamberlain
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Kobe Bryant
Larry Bird
Magic Johnson
Tim Duncan
#10 Stephen Curry

View attachment 96246
Add Dr J... Delete Stef Curry

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Loved the Doctor and his influence.
30 years ago he is in the top 10.
Swap out that finals loss to the Trailblazers and his career has a better light.
similar to the 2 free throws by Donyell vs Florida, one of our best

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Shaq needs to be somewhere on this list but as a Spurs fan, I have Duncan rated higher.
1. Jordan
2. Lebron (I Can’t Stand Lebron).
3. Wilt? (I Never Saw Him Play)
4. Magic
5. Kobe
6. Duncan
7. SHAQ
8. Bird
9. Anyone but Steph
10. Anyone but Steph

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Add Dr J... Delete Stef Curry
Concerning, the best 3 pt shooter ever, who changed the long range game, and has multiple rings not top 10? So is he top 15?

Reaction Score

#1 Michael Jordan
Lebron James
Bill Russell
Wilt Chamberlain
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Kobe Bryant
Larry Bird
Magic Johnson
Tim Duncan
#10 Stephen Curry

View attachment 96246
Kobe doesn't belong. Oscar or even Moses Malone deserve top be higher than him. I have LeBron at #1, but can't be ,ade at those who say it is Jordan. Leaving Shaq off the list is criminal.

So Big O and Shaq on. kobe and Tim Duncan off. Though, Duncan was a better player than Mr. Russell. Bit no one was big a winner.

Reaction Score
Hacksaw Jim Dugan could do magic with a 2x4. You should have seen him bag at Stew Leonards.

Reaction Score
GOAT Tier

Russell
Kareem
Jordan
LeBron

All have arguments, and none is the wrong answer.

Next Tier

Larry
Magic
Wilt
Duncan
Shaq
Curry
Hakeem

Multiple titles, multipl mvp-caliber seasons or both, but not quite the same longevity or insane peak as the guys in the GOAT tier.

If any of Kawhi, Jokic, KD or Giannis win the title this year they’re probably in this tier.

All-Time Greats

Kobe
Oscar
Dr. J
West
KG
Dirk
Kawhi
Moses
Isaiah

Kawhi is probably the single hardest guy to rank because of his injury history. But if the clippers win it this year he’ll have been the undisputed best player on two title teams and will likely have three finals MVPs. He’d be, at that point, on the fringes for the top 10.

Fwiw Ben Taylor did a phenomenal job of breaking this all down a couple of times now:

Tier thing is OK and if you want to group them I will instead of 1..2..3 For me in order...

Jordan...some distance, a lot of distance

Lebron and Kareem

Magic, Kareem, Bird

Russell, Oscar, Hakeem, Duncan, Shaq

(Hakeem, Duncan and Shaq are always kind of impossible for me to rank in order. I thought Shaq at his most motivated
Is #1 for them. Unstoppable force. Hakeem was amazing two ways. Duncan just devastating in his consistent greatness. Splitting hairs with those guys, I just love Dream.)

Kobe, never loved him as a player or person. I love him much more now and love his legacy. I legitmately cried when I heard the news on CNN. Shivers all up the arms. Amazing player and the closest thing to MJ in terms of being a killer but he was always #11 or 12 for me. I can't let tragedy and recency change my views but good lord what a loss.

Oscar is probably the one I know the least about but the best voices of the time make him out to be a freak. Guys I've really seen are Michael, Lebron, Magic, Bird, Hakeem, Duncan, and Shaq.

Easily the two biggest forces I've seen are MJ and Shaq. MJ, I think he would average 45 with the three pointer focus and the way defense is played now. Shaq when fully motivated and at the height of his powers was a force I'm not sure Hakeem and Duncan could've really dealt with. I probably give a tiny edge to the both of them over Shaq because they always brought it. Bird is my what if? I have him at #6 and it still seems too low. If Bird didn't wreck his back paving his his mom's driveway. He had several more years being the best. Larry was ridiculous.

Guys still playing other than Lebron I have. Steph and Jokic. That's it. If Jokic keeps doing it and doesn't get bored he'll end up top 10.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom