Danny Wolf: Transfer target? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Danny Wolf: Transfer target?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have to laugh at Kansas. They can throw all the money bags they want as they plummet in the rankings. It depends what Dan Wolf wants. The money or improving his game for the next level and contributing to another natty. Doesn’t look like the Kansas, Duke, NC and Kentucky Daddy Warbuck mentality is working too well.
KU has a top 10 player coming in at C next year. They won't be in on Wolf. Duke probably won't either with Pat N coming in. Kentucky also has a top 10 player at C coming in. UNC probably needs a center.

Reaction Score
Why would anyone transfer from a D1 school to D3 for their grad year? Sure NYU is a great academic school, but there are plenty of great D1 academic schools too.
Because the kid was a non rotation player on Harvard’s roster. This is not a kid going pro. He’s a kid who wants to get run and attend a grad program in a city where he can network for career opportunities. Thus, NYU.

Reaction Score
I was a bit skeptical about the value of an Ivy League degree for an athlete versus a non-athlete, since intuitively it might be slightly devalued by employers. My intuition was completely wrong:

ivy.jpg

Reaction Score
Because the kid was a non rotation player on Harvard’s roster. This is not a kid going pro. He’s a kid who wants to get run and attend a grad program in a city where he can network for career opportunities. Thus, NYU.
I pulled him up. Both Wolf and Silverstein are from Glencoe, Illinois. Silverstein went to New Trier and Wolf went to Lake Forest Academy and then they both went to Northfield Mount Herman. Two Jewish kids from the same town who went to the same New England Prep school and then Ivy League. Wolf seems like he would be a perfect fit for Hurley's offense.

Reaction Score
I pulled him up. Both Wolf and Silverstein are from Glencoe, Illinois. Silverstein went to New Trier and Wolf went to Lake Forest Academy and then they both went to Northfield Mount Herman. Two Jewish kids from the same town who went to the same New England Prep school and then Ivy League. Wolf seems like he would be a perfect fit for Hurley's offense.

Did he ever overlap with Karaban at NMH?

Reaction Score
Actually Silverstein is staying at Harvard (and not playing basketball) this year to complete his undergrad degree and then will play at NYU in the 2024-25 season as a grad student. Established pipeline to NYU from Harvard after Spencer Freedman, who has become a D3 stud.
Good call. I mixed up Freedman and Silverstein as which former Harvard player is currently playing at NYU.

Were any of those transfers at Wolfe's level? The kid is freakishly talented. Honest question... I don't know amythong about them.
Well, I called Wolf an NBA player, so based on that standard, no.

Yale's starting big last center, EJ Jarvis, grad transferred to Florida, but then stepped away from basketball before the season started.

Of course, Ivy grad transfers Chris Ledlum (Harvard and then decommitted from Tennessee) and Jordan Dingle (Penn) committed to St. John's and are surefire starters there. Princeton's Ryan Langborg now starts at Northwestern and will have an even bigger offensive role with Ty Berry out for the year.

Brown's Paxson Wojcik was excellent in his last season at Brown, but is a bench guard at UNC.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I was a bit skeptical about the value of an Ivy League degree for an athlete versus a non-athlete, since intuitively it might be slightly devalued by employers. My intuition was completely wrong:

View attachment 96513
Having interviewed both Ivy League athletes and D1 athletes for positions in my group if I saw a resume of a D1 athlete and Ivy I am holy crap get this kid in now!!

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
If he came here, he has the opportunity to be the best Wolf ahead of Dennis Wolff and the fabulous Enosch Wolf!

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Way better plan than I had in my senior year!

Reaction Score
I've seen many fine movies a few steps in from Church Street.
New Haven used to have Criterion Cinemas, a movie theater on Temple Street , not far from Church Street, but they closed down October 12, 2023. I only went once, but saw a movie there that I liked. Lots of smaller movie rooms than the larger cinemas, if that is the theater you are referring to.

Reactions: Orc

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
There is a Wall Street in New Haven near Yale.

Ask Common Grounds and Wall Street Pizza. They would know.
Or Naples for the old guard. I'm guessing they didn't keep the old tables - I've got initials carved there from the 70's.

Reaction Score
There is a Wall Street in New Haven near Yale.

Ask Common Grounds and Wall Street Pizza. They would know.
Or Naples for the old guard. I'm guessing they didn't keep the old tables - I've got initials carved there from the 70's.
FYI: Naples/Wall Street Pizza closed pre-covid - 2019?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If he came here, he has the opportunity to be the best Wolf ahead of Dennis Wolff and the fabulous Enosch Wolf!

Nothing will ever beat when Enosch Wolf caught an alley-oop (no idea how -- he's got about an 8 inch vertical) and Bill Raftery howled.

Reaction Score
FYI: Naples/Wall Street Pizza closed pre-covid - 2019?
Thanks. I haven't been in that area lately so I just pulled it from Google searching businesses on Wall Street, New Haven. Apparently, I must have missed another search term that disclosed it.

My bad.

Reaction Score
Me too. Started getting beer and slices there when I was 16, and their willingness to serve minors is why they were closed down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom