Danny Wolf: Transfer target? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Danny Wolf: Transfer target?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Well, a few years ago, Charles Dudley had a Yale Degree and a career in the NBA so those two might not be mutually exclusive.

Time will tell. Another UConn Championship or a final four this year, could factor in if he is even thinking about it.

None of us know.
It was Chris, and he entered the NBA ten years before Tim Duncan, almost 40 years ago. Times have changed

Reaction Score
I don’t know if Gonzaga specifically schemed for Wolf. Assume they did. Didn’t see the game. I do know that this kid feasted against some of the better teams in FIBA U-20 competition. His toolbox is packed. He’s a many-trick pony. FIBA highlights….

What a high arc on his shot!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I wonder if it’s even a guarantee he doesn’t enter the draft after this season. Still an underclassman, 7 foot with a shot, some nba team might give him a promise, who knows?

Reaction Score
If Wolf or anyone else has a chance to go in the first round in the NBA draft, there is zero chance they'd pass that up "to get a Yale degree." The NBA minimum is $1.1 million. Even the most talented AI quant working for DE Shaw isn't going to start there and NBA rookies probably get more chicks than quants. Also he can always return to Yale after if he blows up in the NBA (with hot model in tow).

Reaction Score
If Wolf or anyone else has a chance to go in the first round in the NBA draft, there is zero chance they'd pass that up "to get a Yale degree." The NBA minimum is $1.1 million. Even the most talented AI quant working for DE Shaw isn't going to start there and NBA rookies probably get more chicks than quants. Also he can always return to Yale after if he blows up in the NBA (with hot model in tow).
Good point.

Reaction Score
Really weird thread for a guy who isn’t even linked to us in any capacity.

I don't find it weird at all. There's a freakishly talented player suiting up 25 minutes from my front door.

We have a thread full of people bragging how stupid they are as I type this. I'd consider a thread on a local player pretty on-topic, all things considered.

Reaction Score
I don't find it weird at all. There's a freakishly talented player suiting up 25 minutes from my front door.

We have a thread full of people bragging how stupid they are as I type this. I'd consider a thread on a local player pretty on-topic, all things considered.
Couldn't agree more. We come on this yard to shoot our mouths off and talk about the best pizza, which animal we can beat up, how stupid we are and how we are gonna chuck cutters with players like Adam Sanogo, Clingman and rec-league kid. So, almost nothing is off limits especially a kid who is 25 minutes away from the best coach in college basketball.

Reaction Score
Just did a quick Verbal Commits search and in the 2023 portal, 22 of the 25 transfers who left the Ivy League were grad transfers (the Ivy does not allow grad students to play sports).

The only underclassman of substance is GW transfer Garrett Johnson, who's now starting as a redshirt freshman.

The other two were out-of-rotation guys who transferred to other high academia schools (Harvard's Samuel Silverstein to NYU; Penn's Gus Larson to Cal).

It's not impossible, but it's incredibly rare when non-grad transfers leave the Ivy early.

Personally, I don't see a reason for Wolf to transfer from Yale. It's a consistent top-100 team in a competitive conference with one of the best coaches in the nation. They also play a style that suits his development: Jones lets him do his thing on offense and then his tough, heady defensive system will work on Wolf's weaker points on that end.

Just conjecture, but my guess is the only way Wolf doesn't play four years at Yale is if he fast-tracks his degree and graduates in three years.

That being said, Wolf is an NBA player. Right now, I see a lot of Luke Kornet in his game, but Wolf's offensive game is already ahead of Kornet's back when he was a sophomore at Vanderbilt.

Reaction Score
Just did a quick Verbal Commits search and in the 2023 portal, 22 of the 25 transfers who left the Ivy League were grad transfers (the Ivy does not allow grad students to play sports).

The only underclassman of substance is GW transfer Garrett Johnson, who's now starting as a redshirt freshman.

The other two were out-of-rotation guys who transferred to other high academia schools (Harvard's Samuel Silverstein to NYU; Penn's Gus Larson to Cal).

It's not impossible, but it's incredibly rare when non-grad transfers leave the Ivy early.

Personally, I don't see a reason for Wolf to transfer from Yale. It's a consistent top-100 team in a competitive conference with one of the best coaches in the nation. They also play a style that suits his development: Jones lets him do his thing on offense and then his tough, heady defensive system will work on Wolf's weaker points on that end.

Just conjecture, but my guess is the only way Wolf doesn't play four years at Yale is if he fast-tracks his degree and graduates in three years.

That being said, Wolf is an NBA player. Right now, I see a lot of Luke Kornet in his game, but Wolf's offensive game is already ahead of Kornet's back when he was a sophomore at Vanderbilt.
Actually Silverstein is staying at Harvard (and not playing basketball) this year to complete his undergrad degree and then will play at NYU in the 2024-25 season as a grad student. Established pipeline to NYU from Harvard after Spencer Freedman, who has become a D3 stud.

Reaction Score
Kansas will offer him 500k last minute or an $EC school. But we can dream.
I have to laugh at Kansas. They can throw all the money bags they want as they plummet in the rankings. It depends what Dan Wolf wants. The money or improving his game for the next level and contributing to another natty. Doesn’t look like the Kansas, Duke, NC and Kentucky Daddy Warbuck mentality is working too well.

Reaction Score
Personally, I don't see a reason for Wolf to transfer from Yale. It's a consistent top-100 team in a competitive conference with one of the best coaches in the nation.
The reason would be to play for the best, compete against the best competition, and to play for a championship.

Reaction Score

Were any of those transfers at Wolfe's level? The kid is freakishly talented. Honest question... I don't know amythong about them.

Reaction Score
Actually Silverstein is staying at Harvard (and not playing basketball) this year to complete his undergrad degree and then will play at NYU in the 2024-25 season as a grad student. Established pipeline to NYU from Harvard after Spencer Freedman, who has become a D3 stud.
Why would anyone transfer from a D1 school to D3 for their grad year? Sure NYU is a great academic school, but there are plenty of great D1 academic schools too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom