Danny Wolf: Transfer target? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Danny Wolf: Transfer target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, really the only knock is that Princeton didn't have a guy over 6'7 on the floor.

Yale only played one top team in Gonzaga and Wolf didn't score.
Does he leave Yale without his degree? Only a soph.

Statement about Zag game is biggest question. How does he fare against same size more talent and athleticism?

Reaction Score
Definitely like this as an option to replace DC for next year.

I'm in for my somewhat random, probably just hoping/wishing he is available name drop of Yves Missi. I've watched him play a couple of times now and think he is very good especially for a Freshman. I know he visited us and I'm sure didn't want to sit behind DC. Not sure he would want to leave Baylor for us but with Hurley being on top of the world right now anything is possible. He is also in some mock drafts so totally possible he leaves to go pro too. But hope we send an NIL care package first.

Reaction Score
Statement about Zag game is biggest question. How does he fare against same size more talent and athleticism?
Right. Who knows? I didn't watch that game and it was the second game of the season before he broke out so it's not like the Zags were scheming to take him away.

Hopefully Yale makes the tourney and plays a power conference team in the opening round.

Reaction Score
Yeah, really the only knock is that Princeton didn't have a guy over 6'7 on the floor.

Yale only played one top team in Gonzaga and Wolf didn't score.
I don’t know if Gonzaga specifically schemed for Wolf. Assume they did. Didn’t see the game. I do know that this kid feasted against some of the better teams in FIBA U-20 competition. His toolbox is packed. He’s a many-trick pony. FIBA highlights….

Reaction Score
Wolf has a chance to play in the NBA but I think he values the degree he’ll get from Yale. I’ve only seen him play once, in the game against Princeton but I‘m sold on his talent. I’ve said it another thread that if Yale makes the tournament they can win a game or 2.
Hard to walk away from a Yale degree notwithstanding the Ivies’ recent decline in academic reputation and rigor.

Reaction Score
I don’t know if Gonzaga specifically schemed for Wolf. Assume they did. Didn’t see the game. I do know that this kid feasted against some of the better teams in FIBA U-20 competition. His toolbox is packed. He’s a many-trick pony. FIBA highlights….

Looks like he can shoot from 3, make spin moves around the basket, has a real good handle, and can block shots.

Hard to tell in a highlight video if he can defend one on one, a skilled player his height. I don't know defensively if he neutralized Dickinson because I didn't see that game.

Reaction Score
I have to ask. Any connections to any of our previous Wolf's? Enosch Wolf, Dennis Wolf, Nicole Wolf?

Reaction Score
Looks like he can shoot from 3, make spin moves around the basket, has a real good handle, and can block shots.

Hard to tell in a highlight video if he can defend one on one, a skilled player his height. I don't know defensively if he neutralized Dickinson because I didn't see that game.
Well, I can tell you it was a wash based on the box score. Dickinson with 8/10 and Wolf with 11/6. The game wasn’t decided by the centers. As far as defending other skilled players his height… good luck finding them. There are only a few in college basketball right now.

Reaction Score
i watch a decent amount of yale basketball (i go to 2 - 3 games per year and root for them when they're on national tv) and this kid's emergence was a complete shock to me. he looked like a total stiff his freshman year.

you don't see a ton of seven-footers in the ivy, particularly with his skillset. i am certainly curious to see where he ends up.

He looks like Drew Timme against that Ivy League competition :D

Reaction Score
Right. Who knows? I didn't watch that game and it was the second game of the season before he broke out so it's not like the Zags were scheming to take him away.

Hopefully Yale makes the tourney and plays a power conference team in the opening round.
Exactly, Danny Wolf was relative unknown at that point. Also, the Zags have Graham Ike, Braden Huff, and Anton Watson which is a really good trio in the interior and would give Wolf trouble.

Reaction Score
Wolf has a chance to play in the NBA but I think he values the degree he’ll get from Yale. I’ve only seen him play once, in the game against Princeton but I‘m sold on his talent. I’ve said it another thread that if Yale makes the tournament they can win a game or 2.
You don’t throw away a Yale degree for NIL money. You don’t go to Yale if the NBA is your main goal. That said, a UConn masters would be nice.

Reaction Score
You don’t throw away a Yale degree for NIL money. You don’t go to Yale if the NBA is your main goal. That said, a UConn masters would be nice.

I can’t see this kid staying at Yale with the options he will have. Your logic makes sense but every year, plenty of 3 stars with Ivy offers decide to go P6 instead. Way more often than not.

Reaction Score
Wolf and Knowling would be a great package deal for us. Knowling unanimous first team all-Ivy last season and played with Andrew Hurley at East Catholic. Has an extra covid year of eligibility and cannot return to Yale. Could be an experienced piece to have at the end of the rotation. And Wolf is very much the real deal.

Reaction Score

You have absolutely 0 idea why he went to Yale or what he values in life.

All the speculation in this thread is ridiculous.

Reaction Score

YaleBulldogs.com provides some insight.

Why Yale? – “Because it truly is the best mix of basketball and education in the world. I had the opportunity to receive an extremely prestigious degree while also playing on a winning team at the highest level of college basketball. Also, the relationship I built with Coach Jones and the coaching staff was real, authentic, and they stuck with me since the first days of my recruiting process.”

Reaction Score
He's been an absolute bonus with his improvement no doubt, love the kid for staying here and backing up DC. Having said that he’s starting and playing 25 minutes (or planning to) we’re not as good as we should be. Both he and Hassan are exactly what they are and need to be the same in 24-25.
I think Sammie makes huge jumps. We’ll talk this time next year

Reaction Score

Why Yale? – “Because it truly is the best mix of basketball and education in the world. I had the opportunity to receive an extremely prestigious degree while also playing on a winning team at the highest level of college basketball. Also, the relationship I built with Coach Jones and the coaching staff was real, authentic, and they stuck with me since the first days of my recruiting process.”

This is about as canned a response as you can expect: "good school. Good relationship with the coach."

No one on this board has a clue if he values a Yale degree more than a better shot at the NBA (or if those are even mutually exclusive... they aren't).

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

About the most cliche answer he could give tbh.

Reaction Score
Well, a few years ago, Charles Dudley had a Yale Degree and a career in the NBA so those two might not be mutually exclusive.

Time will tell. Another UConn Championship or a final four this year, could factor in if he is even thinking about it.

None of us know.

Reaction Score
I can’t see this kid staying at Yale with the options he will have. Your logic makes sense but every year, plenty of 3 stars with Ivy offers decide to go P6 instead. Way more often than not.
Difference is he’s 2 years in now.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score

I speculate that Danny would come up with a ridiculous offense with Wolf at center. Imagine what he could do with the space and cutting lanes a three level scoring center like Wolf would provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom