Danny Wolf: Transfer target? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Danny Wolf: Transfer target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll say two things about this:

1) Hurley has commented on the record that other teams have done this to our players.
2) There hasn't been a peep about us doing the same.

So I don't really see this as being "holier than thou." If we start hearing rumors about us doing it then by all means call us fans out for hypocrisy, but until then I don't see the issue.
There were plenty of peeps about us doing it for one of the guys on our current roster...

So maybe put those stones back in your pockets

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
There were plenty of peeps about us doing it for one of the guys on our current roster...

I didn't realize. Who was it?

caw

Reaction Score

If you are talking about the newest transfer I’ve only seen peeps by disgruntled Rutgers fans that a school (many thought Gtown and Cooley) reached out before he entered the portal. Not during the season.

Reaction Score
I saw both Yale games last weekend. Wolf was outstanding. He might do one more year at Yale and then see where he projects in the draft. He’s a better prospect than Miye Oni who left early and got a couple of years in the league. Agreed that if he doesn’t go to the NBA he does really well in the Israeli league. Self might take a look, but I don’t think he’d go. He did take it to Hunter Dickinson when they played.
Yes he was taking it to Dickinson -I remember that game. Self made a great adjustment though and put KJ Adams on him. After that Wolf did not do anything.

Reaction Score
Is that guy really 7 foot?
Um, yeah.

St. Thomas More grad Guy Ragland Jr. was Cornell's most productive big and listed at 6'8 246, he looked much smaller than Wolf.

Yes, it's the Ivy League, but there aren't many 7-footers in the NCAAs with a more versatile offensive game than Wolf.

Cornell's aggressive press helped showcase Wolf's handle, vision and distribution talents. Yale's point guard Bez Mbeng was having trouble in the press, so Wolf's height made him an easy target in the middle of the press and a handful of times Wolf was able to dribble through the press.

Here's an example I've posted earlier of Wolf penetrating from the top of the key:

Wolf was incredible at the start of the game, scoring half of Yale's first twenty points thanks to Wolf's big bag of tricks. He scored from floaters, the perimeter, drives, bank shots and low-post with both hands. I've mentioned earlier in the thread that he's also an excellent passer for his position.

Considering that all of Cornell's bigs can score from the perimeter, Wolf was unable to be dynamic under the basket, which meant Cornell's guards Chris Manon and Nazir Williams having productive days inside the arc (14-16 combined), but Wolf's footwork on defense is pretty good for a 7-footer. That being said, Wolf is an incredibly gifted defensive rebounder thanks to his size, positioning and uncanny ability to tip the ball closer to his own possession.

Bottom line, Wolf has got a ton of skill, I love his intensity and he's got defensive potential for days.

For those who want to learn more about the game, here's my recap from my blog:

Reaction Score
Kansas will offer him 500k last minute or an $EC school. But we can dream.
$500k is peanuts compared to what this kid could make in the NBA after playing under Hurley for a year

Reaction Score
Looks good to me. We'll probably need a starting center from the portal--Samson doesn't have the chops, and Singare won't be ready.
What? Samson doesn’t have the chops?
He’s gonna be a beast next year
He works hard so he’ll improve his rebounding and shooting
You gotta watch him live to appreciate how quick off his feet he is.

Reaction Score
What? Samson doesn’t have the chops?
He’s gonna be a beast next year
He works hard so he’ll improve his rebounding and shooting
You gotta watch him live to appreciate how quick off his feet he is.
He's been an absolute bonus with his improvement no doubt, love the kid for staying here and backing up DC. Having said that he’s starting and playing 25 minutes (or planning to) we’re not as good as we should be. Both he and Hassan are exactly what they are and need to be the same in 24-25.

Reaction Score
I saw him vs Princeton last weekend and was stunned when I looked him up to see he's 7' 255 lb and averaged 2 & 2 as a freshman. I assume he was either overweight or out of shape as a freshman.

His skill set is impressive and a perfect fit for us. He was dribbling behind his back, changing directions and getting by his 6'7 defender. He made a few Jokic-esq whip/cross court passes. He won't be great on the defensive end but if we lose Clingan as I expect us to I'll take Wolf in a heartbeat.

Reaction Score
I have been fooled by many a highlight montage in my day, but: 1) This is just one game; 2) There is an announcer and not cringe music; 3) The movement and skill at 7 feet is about as modern as you get.

Sold.

Reaction Score
I have been fooled by many a highlight montage in my day, but: 1) This is just one game; 2) There is an announcer and not cringe music; 3) The movement and skill at 7 feet is about as modern as you get.

Sold.
Yeah, really the only knock is that Princeton didn't have a guy over 6'7 on the floor.

Yale only played one top team in Gonzaga and Wolf didn't score.

Reactions: caw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak