Danny Wolf: Transfer target? | The Boneyard

Danny Wolf: Transfer target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone know if we have reached out to him at all? He’s playing really well for Yale, and was awesome for Israel in the FIBA U-20’s.

Field of 68 had James Jones on the pod, and they were raving about him. Referred to him as a future NBA guy (10 day contract etc.).

Long story short:
7’0. 255lbs
Can shoot AND put it on the deck (watch his Israel highlights)
HUGE leap from freshman to sophomore year
Dog mentality
New England ties
International experience

Would love to see us target him in the portal to replace Clingan. (Sorry Youssof)

Reaction Score
This staff won’t recruit transfers during the season. That’s poaching and it’s dirty. Hurley does it the right way.
Heard that. Jones said “multiple people were throwing NIL at him”

Surely we were not one of them, but hopefully we will when the time comes.

Reaction Score
Just saw him the other night and posted about his game. If DC is gone he’d certainly be a nice catch but too early to know. Nice player although haven’t seen enough of him to know his defensive abilities.

Reaction Score
My wife and a college basketball-crazed buddy of ours are checking out the Cornell/Yale game today for his birthday. I've watched a handful of Yale games on TV (most recently the Princeton/Yale game) but it'll be the first time I'll watch Yale live w/ Wolf on the roster.

For a sophomore, I am surprised in Wolf's savvy. Plays an "old man" game in the way he is creative in shot creation and distributing. Against Princeton, there was one behind-the-back bounce dish he made from the low post to a cutting baseline player.

His spacing as a seven-footer is essential for Yale's offense with East Catholic grad Matt Knowling as an elbow/post weapon and point guard Bez Mbeng (freakin' love this guy) attacking the rim.

Honestly, I think he's got NBA potential with Luke Kornet as a fair floor.

He's got sexy analytics too:

Screen Shot 2024-02-10 at 7.27.58 AM.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wolf has a chance to play in the NBA but I think he values the degree he’ll get from Yale. I’ve only seen him play once, in the game against Princeton but I‘m sold on his talent. I’ve said it another thread that if Yale makes the tournament they can win a game or 2.

Reaction Score
I know the NIL money is nice but the education and networking he can take advantage of down there will pay off long after that NIL money is spent.

Yale is a great watch. Lots of experience, two kids who can flat out shoot in Mahoney and Poulakidis, local flavor with Knowling and like previous poster said Mbeng is fun and quick as hell.

Reaction Score
I have a friend with close connections to the IBBA and its national teams. He told me last summer that the IBBA raved about Wolf’s work ethic, smarts and team-first mentality in the U-20 silver medal run. If this kid doesn’t end up in the NBA, he won’t be going home to Chicago. He’ll likely have a long and distinguished career at Mac T.A. or Hapoel Jerusalem.

Having a seven footer who can shoot threes and drive to the hoop, along with Samson doing his rim running, would mark a third consecutive year of having two UConn centers with completely different skill sets to throw at opposing teams. One could dream.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
We really do love to be holier-than-thou on here, don't we?

I'll say two things about this:

1) Hurley has commented on the record that other teams have done this to our players.
2) There hasn't been a peep about us doing the same.

So I don't really see this as being "holier than thou." If we start hearing rumors about us doing it then by all means call us fans out for hypocrisy, but until then I don't see the issue.

Reaction Score
Looks good to me. We'll probably need a starting center from the portal--Samson doesn't have the chops, and Singare won't be ready.

Reaction Score
Kid is good. Another name I'd look for us to be involved with is Baye Ndongo from Georgia Tech

Reaction Score
Really good interview with the Yale coach on yesterday’s Field of 68

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Self and KU would never..... ;)
Not in this case, they’ve got their center for next year. UConn might if Dan thinks he can defend. So will others. Now if you’ve got a great wing that can shoot, Self will be all over him.

Reactions: Orc
Reaction Score
I saw both Yale games last weekend. Wolf was outstanding. He might do one more year at Yale and then see where he projects in the draft. He’s a better prospect than Miye Oni who left early and got a couple of years in the league. Agreed that if he doesn’t go to the NBA he does really well in the Israeli league. Self might take a look, but I don’t think he’d go. He did take it to Hunter Dickinson when they played.

Reaction Score
Wolf has a chance to play in the NBA but I think he values the degree he’ll get from Yale. I’ve only seen him play once, in the game against Princeton but I‘m sold on his talent. I’ve said it another thread that if Yale makes the tournament they can win a game or 2.
I bet he could go back and finish his degree at Yale if he doesnt graduate elsewhere, or get a grad degree.

Reaction Score
i watch a decent amount of yale basketball (i go to 2 - 3 games per year and root for them when they're on national tv) and this kid's emergence was a complete shock to me. he looked like a total stiff his freshman year.

you don't see a ton of seven-footers in the ivy, particularly with his skillset. i am certainly curious to see where he ends up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom