Crystal! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Crystal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
We were blessed as fans to have been treated to 4 great point guards: Jen Rizzotti; Sue Bird; Moriah Jefferson and now, Crystal Dangerfield. Don't get me wrong when DT played the point that was a blessing too, however, DT was more of a shooting guard / small forward..nice to have a player who could play 4 of the 5 positions...I guess that makes DT the best UConn player ever...stats be damned after all it is as Geno used to say..."DT makes everyone around her play better". We also had some great honorable mentions...Rita Williams, Renee Montgomery and Bria Hartley. We truly are a blessed fan base.

Ranking them...

1. DT (just because)
2. Sue Bird
3. Moriah Jefferson
4. Jennifer Rizzotti
5. Renee Montgomery (even though she was a combination guard, a scoring guard)
6. Bria Hartley
7. Rita Williams.

I believe when it is all said and done that Crystal Dangerfield will fall somewhere between 3 and 5. She will either come in right after Moriah and before Jennifer or she will come in right after Jennifer. Her career is so young it is hard to say exactly what praises we will be singing...but, based on what we have seen she can score, she can dish, she can handle the ball with poise, very few turnovers and definitely does not play like a freshman who has only played 4 college games. If Crystal has the same type of Sophomore leap that most players have and with the target rich players we have coming in...Crystal should be able to go out and get 8-10 assists whenever she wants to...add in a guard who can score from the outside, with 10-12 foot pull-up jumpers and can get to the rim...I say buckle up because this is going to be an exciting four years with Crystal running the point.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
We were blessed as fans to have been treated to 4 great point guards: Jen Rizzotti; Sue Bird; Moriah Jefferson and now, Crystal Dangerfield. Don't get me wrong when DT played the point that was a blessing too, however, DT was more of a shooting guard / small forward..nice to have a player who could play 4 of the 5 positions...I guess that makes DT the best UConn player ever...stats be damned after all it is as Geno used to say..."DT makes everyone around her play better". We also had some great honorable mentions...Rita Williams, Renee Montgomery and Bria Hartley. We truly are a blessed fan base.

Ranking them...

1. DT (just because)
2. Sue Bird
3. Moriah Jefferson
4. Jennifer Rizzotti
5. Renee Montgomery (even though she was a combination guard, a scoring guard)
6. Bria Hartley
7. Rita Williams.

I believe when it is all said and done that Crystal Dangerfield will fall somewhere between 3 and 5. She will either come in right after Moriah and before Jennifer or she will come in right after Jennifer. Her career is so young it is hard to say exactly what praises we will be singing...but, based on what we have seen she can score, she can dish, she can handle the ball with poise, very few turnovers and definitely does not play like a freshman who has only played 4 college games. If Crystal has the same type of Sophomore leap that most players have and with the target rich players we have coming in...Crystal should be able to go out and get 8-10 assists whenever she wants to...add in a guard who can score from the outside, with 10-12 foot pull-up jumpers and can get to the rim...I say buckle up because this is going to be an exciting four years with Crystal running the point.
I like the post. I agree with your list, given your critical qualifier of "just because." Otherwise, I go with Sue at the top.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Mo's career assist record may be in jeopardy eventually. Mo had some legendary finishers in Stewie, Morgan, Stefanie, and Kaleena, but Lou, Pheesa, Gabby, Azura, and Megan are also top notch. Add in Charli (fingers crossed!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom