Creighton’s coach is phenomenal | The Boneyard

Creighton’s coach is phenomenal

Reaction Score
He did everything you should do against uconn.
1. Left Whaley, Jackson, and Sanogo wide open on the perimeter and packed defense in.
2. Doubled Sanogo in different ways..sometimes delayed..sometimes from the top…sometimes from weak side.
3. Tried very hard to get Sanogo in foul trouble.
4. Avoided Whaley’s hedge like the plague. I don’t think Whaley’s man set one ball screen the whole night.
5. Force RJ to do everything and deny him the ball when our non-shooters have it up top. He was worn down by the end of the game.

I thought Hurley was fine tonight for the most part but creighton’s coaching was just outstanding

Reaction Score
1. Left Whaley, Jackson, and Sanogo wide open on the perimeter and packed defense in.
2. Doubled Sanogo in different ways..sometimes delayed..sometimes from the top…sometimes from weak side.
4. Avoided Whaley’s hedge like the plague. I don’t think Whaley’s man set one ball screen the whole night.
5. Force RJ to do everything and deny him the ball when our non-shooters have it up top. He was worn down by the end of the game.

I thought Hurley was fine tonight for the most part but creighton’s coaching was just outstanding
All he had to do was wait for the Sanogo hedge and/or double and slip Kalkbrenner to the hoop. Hurley didn’t adjust. Game over.

Reaction Score
Sanogo is very easy to game plan for.. double and triple him and he won’t give up the ball. It’s really not hard.
Yeah but he has games where he gets such good position and he’s such a beast that it doesn’t matter. Against creighton it’s harder for him because they are doubling plus he’s trying to score over a real 7 footer.

Reaction Score
Sanogo was just not hitting his shot. Period. Sometimes that happens. He gets double teamed and even triple teamed frequently. A lot of those shots would normally go when he was just off and that happens

Reaction Score
Woah, didn’t Friars just beat Creighton by 21? You guys got out coaches Big Time and Sanogo struggles against bigger players, good thing he didn’t have to face Watson this season!!

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yeah but he has games where he gets such good position and he’s such a beast that it doesn’t matter. Against creighton it’s harder for him because they are doubling plus he’s trying to score over a real 7 footer.
It should matter though. It’s not good offense or a recipe for success. If he wants to play at the next level he HAS to learn how to play good basketball. This is basic pass the ball to the open guy stuff. Slow down and dissect the defense. Be patient. It’s so frustrating.

Reaction Score
Whaley and Jackson did not have it tonight and their minutes should have gone to shooters (Polley and Gaffney) - I don’t know why they were out there for the last 5 minutes.
Thank you, Polley should be out there. Why was Jackson shooting a three on that after timeout possession? I would rather have Polley chuck up a shot rather than have that

Reaction Score
Man what a season, can’t wait for the BET, Friars will be well rested, healthy, studying gamefilm and ready to go with Durham back in the line up having the next 8 days off!! really hope we get to play you guys, will be a lot of fun!!

Reaction Score
Coaches that beat Hurley this year:
Wright
Izzo
McDermott
Huggins
Cooley
Steele
Willard

Besides Steele and maybe Willard, anyone see a trend here???

Reaction Score

He runs a coaching clinic on our coach, Hurley's coaching was not fine tonight. It shouldn't be this hard to make an adjustment.

Reaction Score
Thank you, Polley should be out there. Why was Jackson shooting a three on that after timeout possession? I would rather have Polley chuck up a shot rather than have that
Jackson shot 6 3s. SIX!!! None were close

That’s coaching

Reaction Score
this will be a template for how to play us moving forward
That was my exact thought, McDermott just provided the playbook on how to beat us. I’m surprised nobody so far has mentioned Hurley calling that 3 for Jackson out of a timeout! We were down 5 and that ended the game essentially. I guess he didn’t notice the other threes Andre shot tonight that barely touched the rim.

Reaction Score
A zone would have been nice but it's not something that seems like it's on the table. I would have taken just guarding anyone on the pick and roll. Every play Sanogo was in no man's land not guarding the ball or Kalkbrenner

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom