Cooper Flagg Thread V3 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cooper Flagg Thread V3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They are giving us crumbs on this visit. We need some good intel before we start discussing if El Niños impact on weather patterns is going to play a role in his decision.

Reaction Score
Here's Trilly's report on the visit. He's proven time and again that he is a trusted source.

Reaction Score
Here's Trilly's report on the visit. He's proven time and again that he is a trusted source.

Not disputing what you're saying but that "report" is about as lazy as it gets and says absolutely nothing new.

I highly doubt the "multiple sources" mentioned had any knowledge of the happenings of his visit to UConn before that update got written. It was written in a way that these could have been chats from days, weeks, or even months ago.

Trilly can go suck the eggs put in a basket at this point!

Reaction Score
Not disputing what you're saying but that "report" is about as lazy as it gets and says absolutely nothing new.

I highly doubt the "multiple sources" mentioned had any knowledge of the happenings of his visit to UConn before that update got written. It was written in a way that these could have been chats from days, weeks, or even months ago.

There's zero in that report but you can be sure that some info will spill soon. Until he finishes all 3 visits and talks it's all speculation.

Reaction Score
Its unbelievable the stock you guys put in a 7 like, 2 comment tweet.
I mean it is from his dad. It doesn’t mean he’s going to UConn or that it’s even a 50/50 proposition. But depending on how important coach/player fit is, I don’t think this hurts UConn at all. The opposite would be true I think.

Reaction Score

@JustbrewitMan is either NOT Trilly Donovan, or is really working hard to build a guise.

Reaction Score
The more exciting interpretation here is that a post with less than 1000 views got algorithm’d to Cooper’s Dad’s feed. This MUST mean he is obsessed with all things UConn and bodes well for us.

/s
So let’s not make fools of ourselves in here, everybody. Lol

Reaction Score
Cooper Flagg V4, V5, V6...
200.gif

Reaction Score
Got some feedback but it’s not overly informative. The itinerary changed a bit and he went to Hurley’s house on Friday. Him and some of the guys went to Ted’s that night but no info on how that went. Didn’t last long at the football game. He was swarmed by fans there but it was actually Cooper who wanted to go. Donovan did a great job hosting. We have a real chance to land him, not that we didn’t already know that. Duke is still in the lead and it doesn’t help that he’ll be attending their first night. Cooper’s parents are very involved in the recruitment and they will have a lot of say in his decision. I would think that fares well for us. Not only is Hurley a great coach, but also a good man who can build trust. Fear of losing him to Kansas is low, per my source at least.
Do you know if the team had a practice that Flagg attended during his visit? Did he scrimmage with the team? I think that's important because I remember a bunch of committed recruits commented that they liked how hard the team practiced. Plus seeing a practice and scrimmaging would have given him some perspective on the talent already at UConn and how he might fit with everyone.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall and see how Hurley and the coaches make a presentation to a recruit about how they would be used. There was an article within the last 1-2 years where it was explained how the coaches make a presentation to recruits using video and technology. Would be a fascinating thing to watch.

Reaction Score
Do you know if the team had a practice that Flagg attended during his visit? Did he scrimmage with the team? I think that's important because I remember a bunch of committed recruits commented that they liked how hard the team practiced. Plus seeing a practice and scrimmaging would have given him some perspective on the talent already at UConn and how he might fit with everyone.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall and see how Hurley and the coaches make a presentation to a recruit about how they would be used. There was an article within the last 1-2 years where it was explained how the coaches make a presentation to recruits using video and technology. Would be a fascinating thing to watch.

He attended at least one practice and scrimmaged. I was told his talent was very apparent. No surprise given he’s the #1 overall player in his class. I was also told the intensity has been less than stellar over the past week or two. Seems like there may be a little bit of hang up from the NC. I know Rothstein reported the opposite a few months back, so that was surprising. Last year’s squad was HUNGRY. Our core of Hawkins, Jackson, Sanogo had that “us against the world” chip on their shoulder. If this team solves the motor issue it’s a sure fire top 5 team.

Reaction Score
What's going on with Ace? Haven't heard him mentioned We have spots, I'd take a chance on him, kid's a player. Don't think Dukies can pull that off.
The better question is if Ace even wants that. He's good enough to play D1 basketball so does he want to spend 4 years on the bench to spend 1 year with his brother?

Reaction Score
Seems like there may be a little bit of hang up from the NC.

What does that even mean? Six newcomers has way more to do with it than any imagined hangover (if that’s what you were going for). Teams, even those who didn’t win a national championship, go through this right as the season’s getting started. Last year’s team did, too. It ended well, so people forget, but there was a stretch of pre-season practices last year when the coaches were trying everything. When Tom loses it, you know ish has gone down.

Reaction Score
He attended at least one practice and scrimmaged. I was told his talent was very apparent. No surprise given he’s the #1 overall player in his class. I was also told the intensity has been less than stellar over the past week or two. Seems like there may be a little bit of hang up from the NC. I know Rothstein reported the opposite a few months back, so that was surprising. Last year’s squad was HUNGRY. Our core of Hawkins, Jackson, Sanogo had that “us against the world” chip on their shoulder. If this team solves the motor issue it’s a sure fire top 5 team.
DID HE ENJOY THE VISIT? That’s what’s important

Reactions: DCT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member