Cooper Flagg sets official UConn Visit! | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Cooper Flagg sets official UConn Visit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If football takes care of business these next 2 weeks it’s an absolute no brainer to bring Flagg on 9/23 to the game.

Even if they don’t, the players should (& will) still bring him to the student tailgate.

Reaction Score
That's a load of BS. Duke is probably the leader in the clubhouse from everything we know but he's coming to UConn for an official visit because he's interested in UConn. He picked only 3 schools to visit. He's coming for real reasons.
My opinion doesn’t mean total BS. It’s a opinion. Just cause you don’t approve doesn’t mean it’s not valid. It’s ok. Please feel free to contact me when he chooses Duke. Have a amazing weekend.

Reaction Score
My opinion doesn’t mean total BS. It’s a opinion. Just cause you don’t approve doesn’t mean it’s not valid. It’s ok. Please feel free to contact me when he chooses Duke. Have a amazing weekend.
Did I say he wouldn't choose Duke? I did not. Everyone in the world is saying he will choose Duke. I said your theory on why he is visiting UConn is BS. You're right though, you are entitled to your opinion.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
He’s not coming to UCONN . I think this official is only due to respect of his relationship with Donavon C. and his family ties. I heard that coopers family is moving to Florida from Maine. If that is true he will be closer to Durham then Connecticut. He’s going to Duke! It’s his dream school and the fact he has already visited the school on his own dime. I know all us fans are delighted in the official visit but that ship has sank. Lastly he’s only going to be a one and done player. He’s going to make more money playing in thr NBA then all the NIL deals he will be racking up in college. It’s not like the women’s game when they make Jack in the WNBA!! Those women will make more $$ staying in school. He is all Duke!! It he switches then it will be the biggest failure on Dukes part!!!

I'm a bit confused. In the second comment that I bolded you stated "us fans". You also (in the first bolded comment) put an exclamation point after stating "He's going to Duke". I cannot imagine one of us putting an exclamation point there.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If he goes to Duke he goes to Duke. I could give a rats behind. At Duke he can watch UConn advance in the dance while Duke is shown the exit door by another mid conference team. Duke is only made to beat UNC and win the ACC

Reaction Score
The goal for recruits is to get them on campus and seal the deal. We'll have the first (official) crack at a visit. Throw the full court press onto him and live with the results knowing we're playing from behind. Would love to have him as a Husky, but I feel good that the staff already has their decision trees built out for all possible scenarios

It's a big ask but imagine if he goes to the football game with other players and the Huskies pull off a win? Don't think that would really move the needle, but would certainly shift the mojo in the right direction :)

Reaction Score
The goal for recruits is to get them on campus and seal the deal. We'll have the first (official) crack at a visit. Throw the full court press onto him and live with the results knowing we're playing from behind. Would love to have him as a Husky, but I feel good that the staff already has their decision trees built out for all possible scenarios

It's a big ask but imagine if he goes to the football game with other players and the Huskies pull off a win? Don't think that would really move the needle, but would certainly shift the mojo in the right direction :)
Might not be a great idea having CF watch Duke football beat us by 50

Reaction Score
Duke has been a football powerhouse, so if we lose to them it means something or reflects badly for our hoop program? UCONN has been a maverick in climbing to the top of the basketball world doing so with less recruited talent and often as underdogs. I like that. Cooper wants to play on the hated favorites? By all means go ahead.

Reaction Score
My first sales manager said you want to be first or last. If first you get to set the agenda for the rest of the presentations and highlight where u r unique. If last you know what everyone else said and can close on the spot since no other visits left.
It's good advice. Feels like Kansas is just lobbed in there to see if they can come up with an absurd offer for him. Media reporting has said Kansas more recently, and UConn less, but feels like it's still a 2 man race

Reaction Score
My first sales manager said you want to be first or last. If first you get to set the agenda for the rest of the presentations and highlight where u r unique. If last you know what everyone else said and can close on the spot since no other visits left.
Being last is always preferable but being first is the next best for the reasons stated. I think his order reflects his ranking at this point.

Reaction Score
If any kid chooses Duke over UConn cause they have a better football record, then that kid should go to Duke because their head and heart are not where they should be, especially if they plan on staying for only 1 year. You wanna win a Naty and then head to the NBA and make a grillion dollars a year, then come to UConn

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The only thing UConn has over Duke in this battle is Hurley. He'll have his plan for the young man as well as a track record of success versus a novice coach. Maybe that's enough to overcome Duke's built-in advantage.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
If any kid chooses Duke over UConn cause they have a better football record

He won't. Whoever said that is dumb. Our football program is never a hindrance in hoops recruiting as long as we are in BigEast. . Just conference Realignment talk ( which I guess could have a long term effect on hoops if we end up in AAC 2.0 or somewhere again for Football) . Hoops succeeds despite football not because of Football. Everyone knows we can't play football already. I mean URI played Georgia St. way tighter. It's fine. Football people, have your fun! Have at it. It's same as it ever was and always will be.

Reaction Score
I'm a bit confused. In the second comment that I bolded you stated "us fans". You also (in the first bolded comment) put an exclamation point after stating "He's going to Duke". I cannot imagine one of us putting an exclamation point there.
Because there is no reason to think he's actually a UConn fan?

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
He’s not coming to UCONN . I think this official is only due to respect of his relationship with Donavon C. and his family ties. I heard that coopers family is moving to Florida from Maine. If that is true he will be closer to Durham then Connecticut. He’s going to Duke! It’s his dream school and the fact he has already visited the school on his own dime. I know all us fans are delighted in the official visit but that ship has sank. Lastly he’s only going to be a one and done player. He’s going to make more money playing in thr NBA then all the NIL deals he will be racking up in college. It’s not like the women’s game when they make Jack in the WNBA!! Those women will make more $$ staying in school. He is all Duke!! It he switches then it will be the biggest failure on Dukes part!!!
77-74, though if you were a UConn fan it wouldn't have been a big surprise.

Reaction Score
But if he comes here? Holy smoke!!! Hurley becomes the new "it" guy in the sport, Uconn becomes the villain and youll have every media outlet across the country sending people to Uconn games. This kid is will be biggest star in the sport and tickets will be impossible to get. Itll be like what happened when Zion was at Duke. Storrs will be insane for 5 months. With the talent we should have coming back you add a kid like this and it will be insanity. Of course this is if he lives up to the massive, massive hype. Id absolutely love to see it.

Reaction Score
But if he comes here? Holy smoke!!! Hurley becomes the new "it" guy in the sport, Uconn becomes the villain and youll have every media outlet across the country sending people to Uconn games. This kid is will be biggest star in the sport and tickets will be impossible to get. Itll be like what happened when Zion was at Duke. Storrs will be insane for 5 months. With the talent we should have coming back you add a kid like this and it will be insanity. Of course this is if he lives up to the massive, massive hype. Id absolutely love to see it.
Stephon Castle is the foundation of the super hype 1 and done prospect recruiting. If he has a good year and goes to the NBA according to expectations, I imagine a lot more 5 star recruits from around the country will have UConn on their lists

Flagg ups that from “5 star prospects” to “#1 prospects”

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nah, saying he's coming here because of Clingan is BS. That's dismissive of UConn. Clingan won't even be here. Their moms played ball together but it's not like Cooper's mom played at UConn and he and Donovan are buddies. More likely he's a New England kid (despite now playing in Florida), UConn just won a national championship and playing for Dan has appeal. Duke is the leader, but UConn has a chance here and so does KU. Teenagers are unpredictable.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Nah, saying he's coming here because of Clingan is BS. That's dismissive of UConn. Clingan won't even be here. Their moms played ball together but it's not like Cooper's mom played at UConn and he and Donovan are buddies. More likely he's a New England kid (despite now playing in Florida), UConn just won a national championship and playing for Dan has appeal. Duke is the leader, but UConn has a chance here and so does KU. Teenagers are unpredictable.
Yes Duke’s the favorite. He will go to UConn if he wants to stay “local” and wear his New England badge of honor. Should talk to Calhoun about this. He’ll choose KU if he wants a briefcase of money covered in grease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom