Cooper Flagg sets official UConn Visit! | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Cooper Flagg sets official UConn Visit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
We are talking about college players/kids, yes? That haven’t gotten wealthy yet? Yes. Yes we are.
It’s the NIL era plus you think they pay for much anyways? Lol

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
With 2 of their 4 from about 100 years ago against glorified CYO league type teams.
1998 was 100 years ago? Arizona, Duke and Oklahoma, were CYO teams? I think many of us watched that Danny Manning led run.

1952 was a long time ago, they beat St. John’s [coached by Frank McGuire) in the final. Clyde Lovelette was MVP and Dean Smith was on that team.

I think you’re thinking about the Helms but those aren’t included in the 4.

In any event it’s ridiculous that UConn isn’t mentioned in those articles on Flagg. But we can be just as ridiculous here it seems.

Reaction Score
1998 was 100 years ago? Arizona, Duke and Oklahoma, were CYO teams? I think many of us watched that Danny Manning led run.

1952 was a long time ago, they beat St. John’s [coached by Frank McGuire) in the final. Clyde Lovelette was MVP and Dean Smith was on that team.

I think you’re thinking about the Helms but those aren’t included in the 4.

In any event it’s ridiculous that UConn isn’t mentioned in those articles on Flagg. But we can be just as ridiculous here it seems.
88*

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah, I know. I was a senior at UConn in 88. Started at KU in 91. This was a squinting at an iPhone in the morning typo. Point stands.

Reaction Score
“If you ain’t first, you’re last.”

E47C0077-502C-426C-8541-DADFE6B8ABAB.jpeg

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Omg they’re bringing him to a UConn football game? For him to watch us get annihilated in front of a 1/3 full Rent to a top 15 DUKE team? This is such a bad idea.

Our time may be better spent trying to find a creature who can at least defend this kid.

Reaction Score
Omg they’re bringing him to a UConn football game? For him to watch us get annihilated in front of a 1/3 full Rent to a top 15 DUKE team? This is such a bad idea.

Our time may be better spent trying to find a creature who can at least defend this kid.
Look at the bright side. He will quickly see that UConn is a basketball school. :)

Reaction Score

The UConn football team has a better record against the Duke football team than the UConn basketball team has against the Duke basketball team.

Reaction Score
The UConn football team has a better record against the Duke football team than the UConn basketball team has against the Duke basketball team.
2-2 compared to 4-6 isn't all that better.

Reaction Score

Maybe so he can see Duke 2 times?

Reaction Score
I would rather be last but at least we have our shot.
Positioned last means Flagg is comparing the visit to the other 2, even if it’s the “preferred school.”

The ability to make a true first impression of the college experience for an all time recruit is a massive advantage. Many of our recruits under Hurley have cancelled upcoming visits after ours. I don’t expect that here, but first impression is everything.

Go get ‘em coach!

Edit: I’m already planning for the agony of waiting between end of sept. and oct.

Reaction Score
Mantra for anyone in sales, "You don't get a second chance to make a first impression."

Reaction Score
Having taken an unofficial to Duke already, it would be interesting to be in his mind in terms of first Duke), second UConn), third Kansas), and forth and final to Duke. I wonder if the unofficial to Duke was a way to make Kansas and UConn NIL offers sweeter faster/right out of the gate so he'll have all the info he needs to make a fairly quick decision and put all the fanfare behind him so he can concentrate on his game?

Reaction Score
He’s not coming to UCONN . I think this official is only due to respect of his relationship with Donavon C. and his family ties. I heard that coopers family is moving to Florida from Maine. If that is true he will be closer to Durham then Connecticut. He’s going to Duke! It’s his dream school and the fact he has already visited the school on his own dime. I know all us fans are delighted in the official visit but that ship has sank. Lastly he’s only going to be a one and done player. He’s going to make more money playing in thr NBA then all the NIL deals he will be racking up in college. It’s not like the women’s game when they make Jack in the WNBA!! Those women will make more $$ staying in school. He is all Duke!! It he switches then it will be the biggest failure on Dukes part!!!

Reaction Score
I think this official is only due to respect of his relationship with Donavon C. and his family ties.
That's a load of BS. Duke is probably the leader in the clubhouse from everything we know but he's coming to UConn for an official visit because he's interested in UConn. He picked only 3 schools to visit. He's coming for real reasons.

Reaction Score
Not according to head to head stats. Website says 2-2 all time...if I read it correctly
But I'm am idiot and read it wrong. Read it ALL wrong. Took the first column as wins but it's actually total games. Good golly I need glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom