Cool thing from Rodney Purvis | The Boneyard

Cool thing from Rodney Purvis

Reaction Score
G-League had some players fill out some quesitionares...

Check out the "best basketball moment"

D6674194-143A-471F-8CDA-779F331ED1ED.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Awwww, that is so sweet. I hope he can experience a better moment soon, however.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
There's no player we miss more from last year's team. I think he would have helped us get at least two or three more wins than we presently have this season.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I notice that those who never said anything good about RP are also the most ardent KO haters
I'm not talking about some who feel KO should not return this year - there's lots of them and I am on the fence
I'm talking about those who claimed RP was a complete bum because he stepped out of bounds a few times...... guess what- watching a Cavs game this year Kevin Love did it twice in one quarter - guess he is just a lemonhead too.
RP bleeds Husky Blue as does KO
I wish nothing but the best for RP as I do for KO in whatever he is doing 1 year or 5 years from now
After all that RP has meant to this program and there is only a handful of postings - unreal
Thanks Kemba's Yogart - great find

Reaction Score
I have the 1st retro release in the IIIs in true blue and mocha in the boxes and have the cards. True blues have never been worn. My favorite Jordans

Love the true blue 3s. Probably my favorite jordans. I'm wearing the sport blue 3s right now. And I'm 40 in a couple months and undoubtedly look like an balloon knot

Reaction Score
Yeah I guess players really hate Ollie
KO has been accused of favoritism. Or being harder on some players than he was on others. Guys like Purvis seemed to be on the good side of that. Purvis’ string was insanely long compared to other guys a la Sam Cassell Jr, or Juwan Durham. Those would get pulled for a turnover, while Rodney could step out of bounds 3 times in a row and not catch flack. It’s why KO is so polarizing with his players. They either lover him or hate him. Purvis has no reason to not like him

Reaction Score
KO has been accused of favoritism. Or being harder on some players than he was on others. Guys like Purvis seemed to be on the good side of that. Purvis’ string was insanely long compared to other guys. Purvis has no reason to not like him

Except when he became a super sub during 2015-16 season which if I remember correctly only exacerbated the issues with his play on the court.

Reaction Score
Except when he became a super sub during 2015-16 season which if I remember correctly only exacerbated the issues with his play on the court.
I do remember that. There are accusations though

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
KO has been accused of favoritism. Or being harder on some players than he was on others. Guys like Purvis seemed to be on the good side of that. Purvis’ string was insanely long compared to other guys a la Sam Cassell Jr, or Juwan Durham. Those would get pulled for a turnover, while Rodney could step out of bounds 3 times in a row and not catch flack. It’s why KO is so polarizing with his players. They either lover him or hate him. Purvis has no reason to not like him

Might it be possible that Ollie tends to favor his hardest working players? Maybe Cassell and Durham didn't fall into that category?

These kids signed up to play at a school a couple years removed from a natty. Playing major CBB is no picnic. You're expected to practice and improve your game. Purvis fit that description. He improved and worked hard during his career in Storrs. Maybe Cassell, Durham and some others should have followed Rodney's lead.

Reaction Score
Might it be possible that Ollie tends to favor his hardest working players? Maybe Cassell and Durham didn't fall into that category?

These kids signed up to play at a school a couple years removed from a natty. Playing major CBB is no picnic. You're expected to practice and improve your game. Purvis fit that description. He improved and worked hard during his career in Storrs. Maybe Cassell, Durham and some others should have followed Rodney's lead.
Vital said it last week. Guys got here and probably didn’t realize what playing at this level was really like and what kind of preparation it really took.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Rodney was great. Worked his tail of while he was here, and caught way too much flack from some. We definitely miss him...

Great kid. one of the more depressing things about the last couple years was Rodney not realizing his potential here. If anyone deserved it, he did.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Rodney great kid. He drank Ollie’s kook-aid and got himself to play professional basketball.

Reaction Score
I would assume every coach has their favorites though. I’m sure kemba didn’t catch the same shttt that oriakhi did.
Ollie should have let Calhoun run a practice once or twice. All the kids would think Ollie is a savior by the end of it.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Rodney was great. Worked his tail of while he was here, and caught way too much flack from some. We definitely miss him...
If KO had said "I have a late model Camry in the garage" people would have been much more appreciative of Rodney.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom