Congrats to UCONN! Great game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Congrats to UCONN! Great game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I could not have predicted that. I'd have to go back and look thru the prediction thread, but who had THAT score? A few quick thoughts...

CWill has thrown down the gauntlet. Will she be legendary when all is said and done? Well check off the first box - have the game of your live against the (former) #1 team in the nation! 28 points on 11-16 shooting? Holy beatdown!

When Lou's shot was off, she found other ways to contribute as would be expected from our AA. 15 points but 6 boards and 6 assists.

Pheesa with a double double? 16 and 14? WOW. How clutch was she defending the post?

Danger. Just love her. Daggers! And Walker - she really has come into her own.

BTW ND... Our bench is better than your bench LOL. Both teams really only went 6 deep but LOVE that ONO got in there and contributed.

Just a tremendous effort all the way around. The players should be very proud and should let this soak in and use it to get better for the most important time of the season - the NC run in early April. So proud of them!!!

Geno should take the team out for a steak dinner tonight. They just beat the best team they will play this year by 18, and they did on the road. I love it!!! :) Life is good!!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Geno should take the team out for a steak dinner tonight. They just beat the best team they will play this year by 18, and they did on the road. I love it!!! :) Life is good!!!
It doesn't matter if it's steak or a cold sandwich on the plane back to Storrs. There is no greater feeling in the world for a team then beating a top team and favorite on the road at their place. The ride home from a game like this will be absolutely fantastic for this team.

Reaction Score

Steak?................somehow I think Italian might be in order...............

Reaction Score
The tech was not for the Dangerfield foul. She got that for her jawing with Geno. The foul just after on Dangerfield looked pretty dirty in replay. Came from behind and jerked Crystal’s head back.
Someone said that Geno was talking to the ref and Arike told him to “shut —- up”

Carnac

Reaction Score
Someone said that Geno was talking to the ref and Arike told him to “shut —- up”

This was reported by a fan sitting court side (to a boneyarder) that heard it "first hand", as did a referee. I wonder how Muffet will handle this? :eek: A slap on the wrist, or a multi-game suspension? Not a good look for her personally, the team and especially the school.

This was wrong on every level. She disrespected a grown man, a coach, an elder and an opponent. Muffet can’t sweep this uner the rug and dismiss it as a trivial incident. She also refused to touch his hand or acknowledge him in the hand shake line after the game.

A written or public apology should be in order, as well as a suspension for X number of games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Steak?......somehow I think Italian might be in order.....

They get enough Italian food at Geno's restaurant at home.

1543798120789.png

Reaction Score
Lot of recognition to go around, with Willaims stepping up, Walk playing well and Collier doing her thing despite foul trouble but, and I haven't checked the stats, but who would have thought UCONN not having to call a time out all game (again, my recollection may be amiss) in a hostile environment, especially with the young kids playing such significant roles this year. Complainer of the game goes to Mabrey.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Lot of recognition to go around, with Willaims stepping up, Walk playing well and Collier doing her thing despite foul trouble but, and I haven't checked the stats, but who would have thought UCONN not having to call a time out all game (again, my recollection may be amiss) in a hostile environment, especially with the young kids playing such significant roles this year. Complainer of the game goes to Mabrey.
I agree with your assessment except for the complainer of the game. Got to give that to Ogunbawle

Reaction Score
The only thing more amazing to me than the "Beatdown" was how N.D. totally lost their composure. the coaches must address that issue - if they don't we will "own" them if we meet them again.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Do they ever eat there? If they do I suppose they're not allowed any freebies......

I was being factious. NO!! They are not allowed to eat there or anywhere else for free. A MAJOR NCAA rules violation. ;)

Reaction Score
She's being honored tomorrow at her HS. Lots of good steak houses in St. Louis
Actually, St Louis, (the hill) mostly known for great Italian restaurants.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
During the 2009 Final Four, Geno took the team to Tony’s in St. Louis. I was there a week later, and the staff raved about how polite everyone was. I think the team just earned a return visit. Go to Incarnate Word and enjoy the ceremony for Napheesa! Then have a great meal!

Reaction Score
It looked even more impressive on the replay!
I hope other teams start baiting strike and mabrey. The more the true colors come out the better come tournament time and thinking they can get away with their antics

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
How can no one eat there and it be too crowded at the same time?
Actually, that is a subtle play on a Yogi-ism. Yogi grew up on The Hill, and he is supposed to once have said of (I think it was) Coney Island, that "No one goes there any more. It's too crowded." I guess you would have to be at least a certain age to have picked that one up without explanation.

Carnac

Reaction Score
During the 2009 Final Four, Geno took the team to Tony’s in St. Louis. I was there a week later, and the staff raved about how polite everyone was. I think the team just earned a return visit. Go to Incarnate Word and enjoy the ceremony for Napheesa! Then have a great meal!

Milford, I’ve been looking for you. I’ve got great news. Remember that limb that we went out on during the summer because of our faith, hope and trust in Christyn, and how we predicted that she would be good sooner rather than later?

We were right!!! She vindicated us tonight. We can come in off that limb now. :D

MTC

Reaction Score
I can't get over how smooth CWill looked on the court. I had to laugh at Geno's remark that he wished they would give CWill the ball more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom