Congrats to UCONN! Great game | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Congrats to UCONN! Great game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Actually, that is a subtle play on a Yogi-ism. Yogi grew up on The Hill, and he is supposed to once have said of (I think it was) Coney Island, that "No one goes there any more. It's too crowded." I guess you would have to be at least a certain age to have picked that one up without explanation.
Sigh. Unfortunately, I got it.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Is it me? Or does it seem that ND suffers more than its share of injuries? Something about the way they train, perhaps?
I don't know if it is related to the way Notre Dame practices, but you would think the trainers would be on top of that. Jordan Nixon was hurt on Nov. 17th against DePaul. She is still out because of the concussion protocol. Kaitlyn Gilbert separated her shoulder before the season (in practice, I believe) and then it popped out again against Iowa on Thursday.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I can't get over how smooth CWill looked on the court. I had to laugh at Geno's remark that he wished they would give CWill the ball more often.

Better than smooth. Powerful. Aggressive. :mad:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I've said this before we played this game, you beat ND by taking their heart in the 3rd qtr! They are a second half team and EVERY big game they have won they have owned the 3rd qtr. Again, the blueprint has been laid out! Go Huskies!
I thought about what you said and agreed with it so when the third quarter started I was waiting to see if it would materialize and it did not. UConn actually outscored them in the third quarter. That was probably demoralizing to ND seeing that UConn was not going to fold.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Oh well, why not throw this into the pot. From Yahoo Sports.
No. 2 Huskies take early lead, dominate No. 1 Irish 89-71

Best quote award.

Connecticut: Auriemma used just six players in the game. While Samuelson struggled in the first half, the Huskies showed off a new star in the making in 5-foot-11 freshman guard Williams. Auriemma was asked afterward what he did Sunday to beat Notre Dame that he didn't do in the 91-89 overtime loss to Notre Dame in the NCAA semifinals March 30 in Columbus, Ohio.

''We threw the ball to Christyn Williams but she was in high school last year,'' Auriemma joked. ''I would have thrown it to her last year but she wasn't around. I would have gotten a recruiting violation.''

Second best quote. CW being more honest than most

''I didn't even know I did that,'' Williams said. ''I was just being aggressive, listening to my coaches and playing off my teammates. We wanted this one bad.''

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Actually, St Louis, (the hill) mostly known for great Italian restaurants.
They have great steak houses also that are not on the Hill.

Reaction Score
Actually, that is a subtle play on a Yogi-ism. Yogi grew up on The Hill, and he is supposed to once have said of (I think it was) Coney Island, that "No one goes there any more. It's too crowded." I guess you would have to be at least a certain age to have picked that one up without explanation.
I've got the age thing covered. Just never followed Yogi or Yogi isms, however, knowing it came from him does make it more humorous and less of a ummh.

Reaction Score
I'll just throw this out there. She does a couple more things every game. On offense her hands are always up ready for the ball. On rebounds she keeps the ball high and instinctively knows where her outlet is. On defense her feet are moving and she's quick to the ball. When her upper body gets in synch with her lower body she'll be relentless like Collier. She's slowly building momentum and it's not gonna be long. ONO is coming and she's gonna be a pain in the ass for everybody.

Reaction Score
The only thing more amazing to me than the "Beatdown" was how N.D. totally lost their composure. the coaches must address that issue - if they don't we will "own" them if we meet them again.

I hope the coaches don't do such a thing. :D

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Short of installing electric buzzer's with Mabrey (assuming she is fit) and Arike, they will continue to shoot, shoot, shoot whether it is best for the team (it often is) or not.

Reaction Score
Fudd was at the game to sitting next to Paige .. the 2 were sitting further away from Brunelle and company per the Notre Dame hord on the muffet message board. Arike is classless .. call it like u see it!!! Stop crying and play the game.. rattle the Irish and u have a shot. If UCONN can stay healthy I believe they can win it all.. there last test will be at Baylor.. there bigs will cause them issues but our guard play and quickness will win out. If they can knock off Baylor in waco I think they run the table. UCONN is only going to get better.. Williams didn’t just play like the best freshmen in the country .. she played like one of the best players in the country.. a maya moore freshmen impact.

Reaction Score
I was not expecting what I saw yesterday. UConn has struggled at times to beat ND and come up short too.

Not that I didn't enjoy it, I did. Thoroughly.

And that block...somebody should make a GIF of that.

Reaction Score
Also- Chrystin Williams is a stone cold assassin out there and she's just a freshman.

Imagine her as a senior...:eek:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I was not expecting what I saw yesterday. UConn has struggled at times to beat ND and come up short too.

Not that I didn't enjoy it, I did. Thoroughly.

And that block...somebody should make a GIF of that.
A GIF would be good, but I was hoping for a mini series. A 'Perils of Marina" or perhaps,"ONO, not again." Or a soap, "The Young and the Whiny". ;)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
See the thread on calling players names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom