Congrats to Providence | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Congrats to Providence

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I don't really care about Big East regular season titles. I don't really care much about BET titles, tbh... other than getting to more games in MSG is amazing. It hardly registers as more than a regular season game to me.

To me, NCAA tournament is the end all, be all of the season. I'd rather get to a sweet-16 than win the BET 10/10 times.

I know I'm probably in the minority for that.
Would be nice to win a Big East Regular Season Title. We haven't won one since 2006, correct?

Reaction Score
It's rare that a team is hated not because of their coach or players but their fans. That's most UConn fans' issues with PC. Their fans are delusional and act like they're God's Gift despite minimal success. This was even going back to last year when they thought they were going to be better than us and David Duke was a Top-10 pick (neither was remotely true). Cooley and his players are very likable and respected -- they do things the right way and play hard. They don't deserve the terrible fans they have.
Is it? I thought that's why UCONN was hated and I didn't have a problem with that. SU is a case in point.

Reaction Score
I think this is generally true for most of college basketball. Even if ppl in the moment feel like the conference honors are huge, in retrospect with the way the tourney is now, the season ends up being deemed a success or failure based on the run you make.

UCLA’s regular season last year was very close to being NIT-worthy. Now, pretty much everyone views that season as a massive success for them and Cronin has tons of job security.
Cronin the spazzy leprechaun annoys the crap out of me but I (begrudgingly) have to admit he's pretty good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom