Conference Awards Thread/Predictions | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Conference Awards Thread/Predictions

Reaction Score
If it were a brick-laying convention... I'd pick the SEC. The Big 10 has a good balanced roster. The ACC has no balance, and they would finish 4th. I've only heard of 6 of the Pac 12 players, but the players I recognize I would put them #2 .
Brick-laying convention? Duke ranks 188 in scoring offense and 117 in FG%. Duke, North Carolina, Boston College, Georgia Tech, Clemson and Syracuse would fit right in with the bottom of the SEC. ;)

North Carolina 45
Duke 41

Virgina Tech 61
Duke 45

Reaction Score
I really like her, she a real utility player that can do it all. I remember her playing on Team USA with a few bigger named players and being the most impressed with her performance.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Brick-laying convention? Duke ranks 188 in scoring offense and 117 in FG%. Duke, North Carolina, Boston College, Georgia Tech, Clemson and Syracuse would fit right in with the bottom of the SEC. ;)

North Carolina 45
Duke 41

Virgina Tech 61
Duke 45

Hey hey hey... That's not relevant to this thread. :oops:

Reaction Score
Brick-laying convention?
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
The ACC media is on something. Coach of the Year??

giphy.gif

Ivey took a team that was preseason Top 10, and finished the regular season in the Top 10. Lawson took a team that was picked 7th in the ACC..... off of the radar in the preseason voting and led them to a Top 12/13 finish in the final regular season poll ND finished one game ahead in the standings, had a MUCH easier conference schedule than Duke. Duke was in the pod with State, Chapel Hill, and VPI. ND shared a pod with Boston College, Pitt, and Syracuse. Duke beat ND in South Bend, and ND went 0-3 vs the Triangle schools.
Couldn’t agree with you more!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
And I gotta say, Angel Reese played 2 years in the Big 10 and 1 year in the SEC. Looking at her stats, it appears she found easier sledding in the SEC. Just sayin'.

Reaction Score
She played one year in the Big 10. She redshirted her freshman season. There are some great players in this league. My opinion for why the conference is down is there has been a big such a big change of coaches. In the past 2 or 3 years we have Florida, Georgia, Auburn, Texas A&M, LSU, MSU, Vanderbilt and Kentucky. Before that Georgia, TAMU, MSU and Kentucky were all pretty good teams.

Reaction Score
She played one year in the Big 10. She redshirted her freshman season. There are some great players in this league. My opinion for why the conference is down is there has been a big such a big change of coaches. In the past 2 or 3 years we have Florida, Georgia, Auburn, Texas A&M, LSU, MSU, Vanderbilt and Kentucky. Before that Georgia, TAMU, MSU and Kentucky were all pretty good teams.
She didn’t redshirt, she injured her foot and missed 14 games, but was not out for the remainder of that season.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thinks Deja Kelly is massively overrated? She's a mediocre shooter (at best), but UNC does have her playing PG...which does not seem like her best position?

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
I'll be disappointed if Hannah Stuelke from Iowa is snubbed. She only plays 15min/game but makes a huge impact in those 15 minutes. Of all freshmen playing 10+ min/game in conference play, Stuelke is 2nd in points/40min and 1st in rebounds/40min by a tremendous margin. Also leads all freshmen averaging 10min/game in FG% by a tremoundous margin -- 65.3%. Her per40 numbers even stack up well against older players. She's top 10 in per40 points, rebounds, and FG% among all classes.

Nothing against Williams, Braun, or Smikle, but their numbers are purely the result of being high usage players on awful teams.

I also think Garzon deserves FOY over McMahon. Garzon is, at this point, a much more well-rounded player. I'll grant that it's difficult to evaluate because McMahon was under a lot more pressure to produce with all of OSU's injuries.
Making per 40min adjustments is dangerous when someone only averages around 15mpg. Stuelke is going to be really good, but hard to argue against 5 freshmen that have started the entire year and in a few instances (Braun, Smikle, Williams) are arguably the best players on their teams that defenses plan against.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thinks Deja Kelly is massively overrated? She's a mediocre shooter (at best), but UNC does have her playing PG...which does not seem like her best position?
+1, I’ve always thought this. My college ball pet peeve is high-volume guards who shoot under 40%.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

You ain't the only one who feels that way. I've said it since the off-season. In my unbiased opinion

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Is the issue that she'd be better at 2 guard than running point? Has UNC had a pure PG since Banghart has arrived?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Is the issue that she'd be better at 2 guard than running point? Has UNC had a pure PG since Banghart has arrived?
Wasn't the player she brought with her from Princeton a PG? Littlefield I think.

Reaction Score
We will have to wait, but which all conference team is the most talented, or which one would u pick to win in a tournament? I guess the conversation between Jones and Boston got me thinking, which conference has the most individual talent? I probably just pick the team with Aliyah Boston.

ACCPac-12SECBig TenBig East
Elizabeth Kitley, Sr., C, Virginia TechHaley JonesAngel ReeseMAKIRA COOK, IllinoisMaddy Siegrist Villanova, Sr., F
Olivia Miles, So., G, Notre DameCameron BrinkAliyah BostonGrace Berger, IndianaAneesah Morrow, DePaul, So., F*
Ta’Niya Latson, Fr., G, Florida StateGianna KneepkensAngel BakerMACKENZIE HOLMES, IndianaLou Lopez Senechal, Connecticut, Grad., G/F*
Hailey Van Lith, Jr., G, LouisvilleRayah MarshallJordan HorstonCAITLIN CLARK, IowaLauren Jensen, Creighton, Jr., G
Georgia Amoore, Jr., G, Virginia TechEndyia RogersAlexis MorrisDIAMOND MILLER, MarylandJordan King, Marquette, Sr., G*
Celeste Taylor, Sr., G, DukeKadi SissokoZia CookeLeigha Brown, MichiganChloe Marotta, Marquette, Sr., F
Dyaisha Fair, Sr., G, SyracuseJaylyn SherrodRickea JacksonEmily Kiser, MichiganJayla Everett, St. John’s, R-Sr., G*
Deja Kelly, Jr., G, North CarolinaCharlisse Leger-WalkerBrittany DavisJaz Shelley, NebraskaAaliyah Edwards, Connecticut, Jr., F*
Sonia Citron, So., G, Notre DameCharisma OsborneDiamond BattlesTaylor Mikesell, Ohio StateMorgan Maly, Creighton, Jr., G/F
Alyssa Ustby, Jr., G, North CarolinaAlissa PiliKamilla CardosoMONIKA CZINANO, IowaLauren Park-Lane, Seton Hall, Sr., G*

Just added the Big East.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom