Conf USA in Talks with UConn, Liberty, NMSU | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Conf USA in Talks with UConn, Liberty, NMSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Only reason I can think is extra $, CBS may have said they’re pulling the plug after 2023 and scheduling may be drying up with more indy’s joining. Disaster.

Reaction Score
Hate to say it I would show up to a UConn football game doesn’t matter who we play. I’ll be there.

I'm with you. Hopefully this wakes up the MAC and they offer us and UMASS football only invitations. I've been saying for a while that would be a fun northeastern league for us as we bide our time waiting for a P5 invite.

Reaction Score
AD Dave is going to have to really spin this for me in order to get on board. My initial reaction is this.

1635473055979.png

Reaction Score
We’re not even through our first real season of independence and we’re pulling the plug and joining a crap conference. Tell me this isn’t true. A horrible year keeps getting worse!

Reaction Score
While I don’t like it, let’s face facts. We suck. We have no football brand, very little if any real history that matters. Schools schedule us mostly to fill an empty slot on a schedule with an easy game as sort of a “bye week/easy W” right now. No P5 league would touch us in football right now, and we are YEARS away from competing like we were a decade ago (which is basically our ceiling). I’d hate this, but I can somewhat understand the logic depending on $ and stability for a few more years. Hoping it’s not true - but I can at least understand picking up the phone and listening.

Reaction Score
If this is true and David Benedict you are looking at this I just want to say F ...... you. I'd rather go FCS than go into that wasteland.

Fold the program.

You have been trying to bury the football program since the beginning of the season. You start the most depressing threads ever. Please go away and be a pretend fan for another team.

Reaction Score
While I don’t like it, let’s face facts. We suck. We have no football brand, very little if any real history that matters. Schools schedule us mostly to fill an empty slot on a schedule with an easy game as sort of a “bye week/easy W” right now. No P5 league would touch us in football right now, and we are YEARS away from competing like we were a decade ago (which is basically our ceiling). I’d hate this, but I can somewhat understand the logic depending on $ and stability for a few more years. Hoping it’s not true - but I can at least understand picking up the phone and listening.

So then why keep a FB program at this point? So that we can keep paying for a stadium NO ONE and i mean NO ONE outside of like 50 boneyarders will go to for games? Fold this so we can focus on Bball. Football is an epic joke now.

Reaction Score
Yeah but they are not just getting Liberty football, they are getting the whole university and all that it entails.
Do you realize we share a conference with Liberty in other sports?

Reaction Score
You have been trying to bury the football program since the beginning of the season. You start the most depressing threads ever. Please go away and follow another team.
I love the football program its one of my favorite things i look forward to every year. I am a pessimist but im a die hard and i suffer like everyone here. But if this is true yes burry it.

Reaction Score
Not a chance in hell this is happening. CUSA just got raided by the Sunbelt for chrissakes. That’s like being raided by the Yankee Conference. You can’t publish your big time, all in aspirations and then say yeah. We’re going to CUSA. Ain’t happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom