Coaching search… | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Coaching search…

Reaction Score
I was at the BC game when he called a fake field goal in the first quarter with the score zero-zero. It was forth and goal from ......ng 19!

The whole place went silent because I don't think anyone could believe that such a stupid play call could be made.
Was that the game where he went with a freshman quarterback who he said would win the Heisman at some point?
I was also at that BC game. What an embarrassment.
I was also at the notre dame game. What an incredible fall this program has had.

Reaction Score
Was that the game where he went with a freshman quarterback who he said would win the Heisman at some point?
I think that Williams first game was at least the week before. He had made the call right before a weeknight game at the Rent, as I remember talking about it with folks at our pregame tailgate. It didn't go well that night either.

Reaction Score
‘Edsall and Golden have superficial similarities. But it doesn’t surprise me that you are so easily duped.

What Golden did at an outcast school with no resources was better than what Randy did in a well funded situation in a BCS conference.

This is the only way to look at this.

No comparison to PP and RE.
Tbf our football coaching staff was never really "well funded" it was the bare minimum to get by. Hathaway was cheap and the school didn't want to budge on academic requirements for admission so Golden had a significantly easier job recruiting kids that were able to make an impact immediately.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I think that Williams first game was at least the week before. He had made the call right before a weeknight game at the Rent, as I remember talking about it with folks at our pregame tailgate. It didn't go well that night either.
Wasn't the redshirt burned against Temple before the BC game?

Reaction Score
If we are prepared to pay the next coach a little north of $2.5mil, then UConn is definitely not very low on the list of desirable jobs. Anyone who thinks otherwise is trying to let some air out, is passing gas, is the delusional one, or all three.

There is an ocean of difference between paying a coach $2M and hiring a coach that is worth $2M.

Reaction Score
Why are we talking about Lashlee? I thought we all agreed that he and his family hated it here. They are southerners. On top of that, UConn had such an amazingly poor D, he was throttled by RE on what he could do as OC.

Well the last impediment is gone, but I doubt that would be enough to interest him.

Lashlee is not coming back. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a nitwit.

Reaction Score
There is an ocean of difference between paying a coach $2M and hiring a coach that is worth $2M.
Yes you’re absolutely correct, especially if you’re offering the coach you hired, who is worth $2M, only $1M. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
That will be a very short conversation. UConn will be an independent for a very long time and no efforts are being made to change that nor will they be in the future unless the landscape changes i.e. UConn gets really competitive, BB and Hockey win national championships, and they achieve AAU membership. Also in the unlikely case that a P5 suddenly needs another member. None of the G5 are a fit.
There's the rub. UCONN can't be an independent for a very long time so something has to give. My guess is the landscape keeps on changing due to the level of competition, geography, and most importantly, greed.

Reaction Score
Lashlee is not coming back. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a nitwit.
Think about it Zoo, why would Dave even want Lashlee? The guy has more negatives than positives and the main negative, no HCing experience and Dave wants a coach with some kind of HCing experience. Honestly, this job is too much for Lashlee, we’re out of his league at this point. Good not great coordinator that needs a lot more experience to even be considered.

Reaction Score
You’re right for the first time, but Golden is not worth no $2m and I wouldn’t want to take a risk on a guy that hasn’t been a HC in over 6yrs. Whether you like it or not he’s a risk, a major one. I’d prefer to lessen our risk and hire a guy like Lewis, Cignetti, Entz, Moorhead, Herman, etc..

Reaction Score
There's the rub. UCONN can't be an independent for a very long time so something has to give. My guess is the landscape keeps on changing due to the level of competition, geography, and most importantly, greed.
Well, I guess that I disagree.

Reaction Score
Yes you’re absolutely correct, especially if you’re offering the coach you hired, who is worth $2M, only $1M. :rolleyes:

Which would be fantastic. Almost like getting struck by lightning and getting super powers. Not happening.

Reaction Score
You’re right for the first time, but Golden is not worth no $2m and I wouldn’t want to take a risk on a guy that hasn’t been a HC in over 6yrs. Whether you like it or not he’s a risk, a major one. I’d prefer to lessen our risk and hire a guy like Lewis, Cignetti, Entz, Moorhead, Herman, etc..

Who says Golden is going to be offered 2 mil? I would start at 750k and probably hard cap at $1.5.

If you think Moorhead or anyone above him is coming here then you are smoking crack.

Reaction Score
Think about it Zoo, why would Dave even want Lashlee? The guy has more negatives than positives and the main negative, no HCing experience and Dave wants a coach with some kind of HCing experience. Honestly, this job is too much for Lashlee, we’re out of his league at this point. Good not great coordinator that needs a lot more experience to even be considered.

You sound like Alexi Lalas saying that MLS is too big for Ronaldo. You must be a parody account.

Reaction Score
You sound like Alexi Lalas saying that MLS is too big for Ronaldo. You must be a parody account.
You sealed it for me. I was giving you a chance, but man you’re a clown and have a peanut brain for sure. Why are you even a UConn fan if you think so little of us? Even with all the positives that UConn has to offer, and most were posted by yarders. Real fans. Don’t answer please I don’t want you to keep embarrassing yourself. Clown.

Just an FYI Diaco was an award winning DC around the time we hired him from Norte Dame. Did we not hire him after the crap shoot left by PP? Tom Herman was even on that list. So don’t give me that crap that we can’t hire Moorhead who isn’t even in the top 10-15 hottest coaches right now.

Reaction Score
You sealed it for me. I was giving you a chance, but man you’re a clown and have a peanut brain for sure. Why are you even a UConn fan if you think so little of us? Even with all the positives that UConn has to offer, and most were posted by yarders. Real fans. Don’t answer please I don’t want you to keep embarrassing yourself. Clown.

Just an FYI Diaco was an award winning DC around the time we hired him from Norte Dame. Did we not hire him after the crap shoot left by PP? Tom Herman was even on that list. So don’t give me that crap that we can’t hire Moorhead who isn’t even in the top 10-15 hottest coaches right now.

I don’t need you to give me or anyone a chance. If you think that Moorhead is realistic enough that we have better options then then you need to go to rehab.

Reaction Score
I don’t need you to give me or anyone a chance. If you think that Moorhead is realistic enough that we have better options then then you need to go to rehab.

Was Diaco not a Broyles award winner? The best coordinator in college football? Did we not hire him? UConn is pretty much in the same position as it was at that time we hired the BEST coordinator, if anything we have more money today than when we hired Diaco, AGAIN the BEST coordinator in college football. Guess who else was on that list, Tom Herman.. Diaco beat him out for the job, an Ohio State OC at one point and did a fantastic job at Houston and decent job at Texas. But I need to go to rehab? Dude you have serious issues. If you’re married I feel bad for the wife. Sheesh.

Reaction Score
All you need to know is Purdue fired him last year and now they are a top 50 defense.
Amazing how 1 guy destroyed so many programs.
Imagine consistently being that bad and amassing multi-million dollar annuities fir being horrible. You almost have to respect that.

Reaction Score
Was Diaco not a Broyles award winner? The best coordinator in college football? Did we not hire him? UConn is pretty much in the same position as it was at that time we hired the BEST coordinator, if anything we have more money today than when we hired Diaco, AGAIN the BEST coordinator in college football. Guess who else was on that list, Tom Herman.. Diaco beat him out for the job, an Ohio State OC at one point and did a fantastic job at Houston and decent job at Texas. But I need to go to rehab? Dude you have serious issues. If you’re married I feel bad for the wife. Sheesh.
One small point. UConn was only three years down the road from the Fiesta Bowl. And the first two years of PP we're not all that bad. In fact, even in the third year Weist had three wins. The Diaco hire was done against a much more hopeful background.

Reaction Score
One small point. UConn was only three years down the road from the Fiesta Bowl. And the first two years of PP we're not all that bad. In fact, even in the third year Weist had three wins. The Diaco hire was done against a much more hopeful background.
That's a huge point. 3 years out from the fiesta bowl vs the worst team in college football the last two complete seasons.

Reaction Score
Narduzzi was the current Broyles winner and first choice. Turned down UCONN but Diaco was viewed as a great hire

Reaction Score
Imagine consistently being that bad and amassing multi-million dollar annuities fir being horrible. You almost have to respect that.
Lots of time to make fish cakes

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom